NEW SILVERADO ZRX, the raptor competitor we all deserve!

Chance1025

Has anyone seen this yet? Apparently we are finally going to get a raptor fighter. Dynamic suspension. E-Lockers. Bumpers. The works. I can’t wait to see it!

https://www.google.com/amp/gmauthority.com/blog/2019/09/gm-plans-chevrolet-silverado-zrx-to-fight-ford-f-150-raptor-ram-1500-rebel/amp/

47 minutes ago, f8l vnm said:

I hope they go all out. Like a blown 6.2. Why not. We already have the light off road models , give us a true raptor fighter 

Yup. If they are gonna be this late to the game, might as well really do it right. Especially with a Hellcat power Rebel coming soon...

Blown 6.2 / front and rear lockers , usable skid plates. 35 tires, more off road based bumpers.  I saw a picture a while back of a supposed new T1 off-road truck and it looked amazing. Yes it would be expensive but raptors are selling for 10k over still. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, econometrics said:

Very few people need something better than a TB or AT4. 

Those very few are rich high school kids. 

At least, those are the ones I see driving Raptors around here in DFW. Lol 

Who care who buys them , point is they will sell. Your right most people are ok with TB and AT4 but half of those people with disposable income want more and will pay more. Same reason the RAM TRX is coming out.  This could be easy money for GM like it is Ford and Raptors 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, f8l vnm said:

Who care who buys them , point is they will sell. Your right most people are ok with TB and AT4 but half of those people with disposable income want more and will pay more. Same reason the RAM TRX is coming out.  This could be easy money for GM like it is Ford and Raptors 

My point, which I didn't really make in the comment, was that I would rather GM put a little more into the TB / AT4 models vs. build a Raptor-level truck. 

And the cost to develop and test a front locker in a full size IFS in which the percentage of people who actually are going to need and use a front locker is around 0.005% could be much better spent. But alas we have those people with this image complex that constantly bring it up like it is short coming to them be able to get out of the gravel parking lot at their kids soccer game in uptown while sitting in their baby lamb massaging seats. 

Will be interesting to see what actually comes of this. Hopefully they don't go too far with it. Little wider trac, torsen front diff (or some type of active traction control would be better), special shocks with a couple inches more travel and some higher clearance bumpers should do the trick in keeping with the TB ride height. Keep the price lower than the Raptor while being more capable in realistic situations. Though with that towing suffers like the ZR2 compared to the normal models. Throw in the 6.2 and boom a legitimate yet useful offroad package. Honestly, a Z06 powered 100k truck will sell in such limited numbers it won't drive much added sales or profits which is one of the keys for a business, especially one that is vulnerable to a nearing recession. 

Tyler

Edited by amxguy1970

On 9/15/2019 at 11:12 AM, f8l vnm said:

Blown 6.2 / front and rear lockers , usable skid plates. 35 tires, more off road based bumpers.  I saw a picture a while back of a supposed new T1 off-road truck and it looked amazing. Yes it would be expensive but raptors are selling for 10k over still. 

Why would anyone pay 10 grand over for a raptor? Things are a dime a dozen these days, I can literally drive down the street to the local ford dealer here that has around 10-15 of them at any given time on their lot.

3 hours ago, econometrics said:

Very few people need something better than a TB or AT4. 

Those very few are rich high school kids. 

At least, those are the ones I see driving Raptors around here in DFW. Lol 

Our scaffolding contractor has a couple first gen Raptors with the 6.2L V8. Perfect for idling around the refinery at 15 mph. Lol

Edited by Cpl_Punishment
  • Like 1