Strike

On 9/20/2019 at 8:18 AM, bass mechanic said:

just curious, some of you are ordering Denali's why would you do that when there literally hundreds on dealer lots in every color and configuration?

look at Laura GMC website.

with their trucks marked 10k off sticker if your willing to make a drive or fly 1 way you can drive one home by this weekend!

why wait for a truck to be built when you can just go buy it? 

For me, I ordered it before any of the 3500’s were being built. I’m also specifically looking for a Denali 3500 SRW Long Box which I believe they just started building and I have not yet seen on any lots (at least not in their inventory search feature). The ones at Laura all show standard box on their website.

6 hours ago, jjackkrash said:

$8k off list at Laura is a good sign for buyers.  Might be some end-of-year incentives on top of that.  I'd sure like to see some DRW's hit the lot.  

I got mine a touch under that from them.  Best prices around.  I called Dennis Dillon and they were a few thousand off.  Anything local couldn't touch either of them.

On 9/20/2019 at 7:18 AM, bass mechanic said:

just curious, some of you are ordering Denali's why would you do that when there literally hundreds on dealer lots in every color and configuration?

look at Laura GMC website.

with their trucks marked 10k off sticker if your willing to make a drive or fly 1 way you can drive one home by this weekend!

why wait for a truck to be built when you can just go buy it? 

My truck 3500 AT4 Pacific Blue no Sunroof is not available anywhere in Canada. There are still a ton of 19's around up here. There are almost no incentives on the 20's yet. You cannot even Build & Price one on GM Canada's site. I had to use Car Cost Canada, GM US Site and the fleet order guide to figure out what I wanted to order. I am ok with waiting as hopefully the 19 inventory will get low enough that they can start focusing on the 20's.

• 1 month later...

Assuming it will take them a few days to get back into normal operating conditions.  I had a TPW of 9/23 - which was about 1 week before the strike.  I'll send an update in this thread when I actually go into production (my dealer is going to keep a close eye on it for me).  

Deliveries were looking to be a bit slow before the strike with the new model launch, spending a little longer than you'd expect in QC.  I'd assume your on the 10-12 week wait if you placed an order today - depending on allocation and where it's at in the scheduling process.  If it goes faster, bonus!

Seems like they may be making up for lost time. Had the dreaded 9/16 TPW and they must have built it last week because it’s already in transit to the dealer. Perhaps some good news for those waiting for a build.

3 hours ago, JW2020 said:

Seems like they may be making up for lost time. Had the dreaded 9/16 TPW and they must have built it last week because it’s already in transit to the dealer. Perhaps some good news for those waiting for a build.

This makes me happy/optimistic.  Dealer checked for me tonight, my target production week is currently set to 9/30.  Kinda funny,  I think it's just going to show up at some point, I'm just a few hours away from the production plant in Michigan.  Waiting patiently...