Letter From Chevy

Read the fine print. Thought this was hilarious. DIRECT FROM CHEVROLET. Apparently they made a LD trim level Silverado 1500 in 2016. False. 2019 only. ALSO... 1500s have a 5.7 and a 6.2. False. Last time a 5.7 was used in a 1500 was 1998. They don't even know the products they are selling. Sheesh.4183c32d291874123e53158c086492e2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Lol, LD stands for light duty. The 5.7 comes in the Van I think still. I take it you have the 6.2 and if someone has the 5.7 in the van they only have to change the part of the letter that states which vehicle is affected. It makes it quicker to send out hundreds of letters. They know what they have going on.

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/18/2019 at 6:12 PM, tmo said:

The 5.7 comes in the Van I think still. I take it you have the 6.2 and if someone has the 5.7 in the van they only have to change the part of the letter that states which vehicle is affected. It makes it quicker to send out hundreds of letters. They know what they have going on.

Incorrect.  The last 5.7L GM vehicle was the full size van in 2002 getting the L31.  It lived on a couple more years in non-GM vehicles and as a marine engine through 2015, where GM stopped manufacturing it.  So no, there isn't, and has not been, a 5.7L in a while.  Last time in a truck as 1998, so 22 model years ago.

• Like 1

Aside from the asinine letter, would this apply to 2015 Silverados? I'm currently experiencing this injector issue with my 15 with 70k on it. Planning on replacing my injector or injectors tomorrow, however I'd rather not spend $500 for something that might/should be covered.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Aside from the asinine letter, would this apply to 2015 Silverados? I'm currently experiencing this injector issue with my 15 with 70k on it. Planning on replacing my injector or injectors tomorrow, however I'd rather not spend $500 for something that might/should be covered.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

I would like to say yes. Check with your dealer.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...