Leveling kits? If so, let's see them.

I just bought a 2021 Z71 LTZ a few days ago.  Its my first chevy in a long time and I am surprised at how relatively level it came from the factory.  I only want another 3/4 to 1" in the front truthfully.  Is there any major issue in just adding a turn to the factory keys?  My last 1500 was a 2003 and I remember how crappy it rode when I cranked the keys but I did it a ton more on that truck than I need on this one.  Now that they are $70k I dont want to screw this one up!  Any thoughts on just 1" out of the factory keys?

New Truck.jpg

Just wanted to chime in really quick to add some data points for ya to help with your decision

I have 22x10, -19 offset with a wide 35 (325/50R22 ridge grappler), it’s basically a 35x13.

I have the 3/2 leveling kit (3” keys with 2” block), the stance is great but I had to trim the tire side of the mid flap as well as some of the liner. The trimming is fairly minimal and looks good and clean

Zero rub as long as I don’t hit a bump at full lock.

So with a 37, depending on tire width, you’d have some more trimming to do.

I’m actually about to drop the front about an inch and putting on a 1” rear block instead. For me the 3/2 kit is a perfect stance, but I’m a little nose high on my fifth wheel which is the sole reason I’m dropping it an inch, sadly

4df04f7348b239d0a980ed0607eeec4b.plist

Did you end up dropping the front an inch and change the rear to a 1 inch block? Curious on the bed height when pulling the 5th wheel. Any bed clearance issues? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Did you end up dropping the front an inch and change the rear to a 1 inch block? Curious on the bed height when pulling the 5th wheel. Any bed clearance issues? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did half of that, I dropped the front an inch but instead of my original plan to swap the 2” block with a 1” block I simply removed the block entirely, so right now the rear is factory height. I do however plan to still install the 1” block but since I have air bags I believe I’ll need to add some type of limit strap so I Don’t over extend them. (I had a 2” air bag spacer with the 2” block).

Btw, I didn’t necessarily have any clearance issues with the 2” block, it just caused the 5th wheel a little nose high and I was experiencing some bucking issues so wanted to level it out more to see if it helped (which it didn’t haha).

I was comfortable with the bed clearance with the 2” block though.
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 11/17/2020 at 1:54 AM, FirstAscent said:

I did half of that, I dropped the front an inch but instead of my original plan to swap the 2” block with a 1” block I simply removed the block entirely, so right now the rear is factory height. I do however plan to still install the 1” block but since I have air bags I believe I’ll need to add some type of limit strap so I Don’t over extend them. (I had a 2” air bag spacer with the 2” block).

Btw, I didn’t necessarily have any clearance issues with the 2” block, it just caused the 5th wheel a little nose high and I was experiencing some bucking issues so wanted to level it out more to see if it helped (which it didn’t haha).

I was comfortable with the bed clearance with the 2” block though.

I am looking to run the exact set up. I have a 3500 Denali and want the same wheels and same 325/50/22.  I am installing the cognito level kit with UCA. I am being told but multiple sources that this will not work which is certainly frustrating since you have been running the fitment. The last thing I want to do is order everything and it doesn’t fit.  I am being suggested running a 20*9 +1 with a 295/65/20.  I would prefer your setup. Any words of encouragement? 

• Like 2

I am looking to run the exact set up. I have a 3500 Denali and want the same wheels and same 325/50/22.  I am installing the cognito level kit with UCA. I am being told but multiple sources that this will not work which is certainly frustrating since you have been running the fitment. The last thing I want to do is order everything and it doesn’t fit.  I am being suggested running a 20*9 +1 with a 295/65/20.  I would prefer your setup. Any words of encouragement? 

Do it!

Haha, that’s my words of encouragement. I think the height and look is absolutely perfect. Yes it will fit, I’ve been running it just fine. I also just got done hauling the 5th wheel across 4 states over the last 3 1/2 months just fine.

Not sure if you saw but all I had to trim was very minor and you can’t even tell.

Happy to help answer anything else but I can assure you it will fit. Well, I’ll say 99% sure based on the fact that your Denali has a slightly different wheel well profile than the Chevy.

But that wouldn’t make it not work, just different trimming at worst.

7 hours ago, FirstAscent said:

Do it!

Haha, that’s my words of encouragement. I think the height and look is absolutely perfect. Yes it will fit, I’ve been running it just fine. I also just got done hauling the 5th wheel across 4 states over the last 3 1/2 months just fine.

Not sure if you saw but all I had to trim was very minor and you can’t even tell.

Happy to help answer anything else but I can assure you it will fit. Well, I’ll say 99% sure based on the fact that your Denali has a slightly different wheel well profile than the Chevy.

But that wouldn’t make it not work, just different trimming at worst.

I’m going to go for it!  I will prob not do any blocks in the back to start. Instead I am going to install helper air bags.  Thanks for the advice!! 

• Like 1

On 11/6/2020 at 2:22 PM, Arkangel said:

Anyone running the Readylift 2” leveling kit? Part number 66-3020

I just ordered some 20x10 -18 wheels with 295/60R20 rubber and was looking at this kit also but not sure if it will be enough of a lift. Works out to a 34”x11.5” tire so I’m hoping I don’t need to crank and cut too much. 

I did find a Cognito standard 3” level kit which comes with keys and UCA’s and they are a decent price so might just toss those in and hope for the best. 

Edited by L8T
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just installed the Cognito kit with UCA and Fox Shocks. I am measuring around 42 Inches all around from the ground to the fender opening. Is that what you all are experiencing? I have the same wheel and tire setup coming as firstascent. I wasn't sure if I should bring up the front a bit as I do have helper bags going in to help with my 5th wheel. I want to make sure I have clearance for the wheels and tires.  

• 3 weeks later...

I did the Rough country 1.5 leveling keys and 1.5 blocks in the back. We adjust torsion bars a little guarantee the front was dead even with the back. Love it so far. Time to find some wheels and 35s.

Screenshot_20210429-112042_Gallery.jpg

• 1 month later...

Got the Rough Country 2in Leveling kit. Top picture is after and bottom is before. 

Running 35x12.5R20 on stock 20in OEM wheels. 

Was hoping for more of wider stance. Wonder if I can get rim with -18 offset under there?

Resized_20210303_180031.jpeg

Edited by Blackrebel88

• 1 month later...
On 5/30/2021 at 4:13 PM, Blackrebel88 said:

Got the Rough Country 2in Leveling kit. Top picture is after and bottom is before. 

Running 35x12.5R20 on stock 20in OEM wheels. 

Was hoping for more of wider stance. Wonder if I can get rim with -18 offset under there?

Resized_20210303_180031.jpeg

I'm running 20x10 rims with a -18 offset, and the same leveling kit. They fit perfectly with minor trimming, and stance is a bit wider.