Leveling kits? If so, let's see them.

I like smaller rim myself....18" is plenty for me and really wont even change my stock rims out.....next big upgrade probably way dtl is coilover conv kit.....

21 hours ago, FirstAscent said:

Yeah coilover conversions are pricey, but makes sense. I mean coilovers alone are $2k+ and there’s more changes needed than just going from a strut to a coilover.

My plan was to stay stock until BDS released a kit but I already had my wheels and tires and really wanted to install them haha. The Readylift was less than $500 and gave me the look I wanted in the meantime. Hoping I can get some of the money back later on, we’ll see.

yeah some welding involved but not a ton....new control arms and scrap out T-bars, fit in a new shock.....just by design they should ride better.....this will be my end game as well, probably way down the road tho…..

they could put out kits without having to go up to a king or fox as I am sure any would be more comfy, and bring in more business as more would be willing to do it.....at some point though I will have it done regardless....

I understand why you did the current kit and its only temp

2 hours ago, Kfroese said:

@inquenciocha how far do your tires stick out with those 9/0 offset?

what do you all think about 18” wheels on this truck. I like that older look with smaller wheel/more tire but I don’t know how it will look on these 

I like the 20s on this thing.  I've always been old school with more tire the better but this combo does a great job keeping the rim off & above the curbs.  As for sticking out, maybe just over an inch. I did a breakdown with pics on one of the threads.  I'll try to find it and post a link.

7 minutes ago, Kfroese said:

@inquenciocha remind me again what tires you have. 9” wheel zero offset. I like that offset   Just enough. 

https://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/228151-2020-2500hd-tire-sizing/page/3/#comments

After the 3/2 I have zero rubbing. 

Edited by inquenciocha

• 3 weeks later...

I have been reading these forums for some time now trying to decide what to do with my truck I picked up back in February. Wanted to give a shout out to everyone for offering up suggestions, opinions, experiences and especially photos of your rides. I didn't want to do a lift kit for a few reasons, primarily because all suggestions pointed towards a BDS if you wanted to maintain integrity and a solid ride / warranty and that would cost quite a bit. Ultimately ended up going with a 2.5" keys in the front and will eventually do blocks in the back if hauling a trailer brings my rear down too low. Threw on some 37/12.50/20 Ridge Grapplers on factory wheels and I think it turned out pretty solid. All in all paid $2400 for level, tires, service, and alignment.

Although my MPG will suffer, the ride is smooth and quiet on the highways. Haven't gone off road yet but it's going to rain soon ;D

Album: https://imgur.com/a/Xm3anyV?

• Like 1

If you go out on a muddy trail, be careful in the bumpy or washboard areas. With these stiff rear springs, the rear end will want to come right around on ya quick. I had.a little pucker factor on a muddy narrow lane in a tunnel of trees when I got on a little washboard and came sideways. It's alright though, I didn't get the truck for a lot of offroading. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/30/2019 at 7:33 AM, Basketcase said:

I ordered a fabtech before receiving my truck. I cancelled after talking to a couple guys who had them. They were the only one who listed one for the 2020s at that time. A couple guys told me they rode like ******, and one even removed it and is back to stock until a lift kit comes out. 

When I received my truck finally, I measured and my rake is only 1.25" from front to back. So not sure if my front is sitting higher than normal or what, but I'm not going with anything for the time being. My 35s and Methods get mounted on Wednesday, and will see how they fit then. If anything I will crank the stock keys a couple turns. 

I like a bit of rake since my truck still works hard, and I hate the look of a squated rear when loaded. 

I just got a 2020 gmc 2500 Denali HD. Ordered a kryptonite level kit, but as you mentioned there isn’t much rake 1.25-1.50 inches, I like a bit of rake as I do masonry construction and haul heavy stuff from time to time. Did the 35’s fit? What offset are your wheels and tires?

F1F77ACB-D151-4F4A-BE60-06ACB53F0D5E.jpeg

I just got a 2020 gmc 2500 Denali HD. Ordered a kryptonite level kit, but as you mentioned there isn’t much rake 1.25-1.50 inches, I like a bit of rake as I do masonry construction and haul heavy stuff from time to time. Did the 35’s fit? What offset are your wheels and tires?
F1F77ACB-D151-4F4A-BE60-06ACB53F0D5E.jpeg.ea024f9c56c2d063035fba95134250b4.jpeg

Ya the 35s fit perfect. I’m super happy with the setup and glad I didn’t have to level/lift it for the look I wanted.

My wheels are Method NV HD in 18x9 +18 with BFG AT2s in 35x12.5. They poke about an inch which I like. Not a single rub even driving through my fields and up over curbs at full lock. a5b9a87b35f9d76a2933b159ffc14c20.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I just bought a 2020 Denali 2500HD this past weekend. As part of the purchase they agreed to install a suspension leveling kit. I specifically clarified that I did not want a torsion key only kit, and they agreed saying this would def be a full kit including arms and shocks etc. Called the service dept to follow up on the situation and sure enough they wanted to schedule me for the torsion key install, which is exactly what three agreed not to do. In my past experience that completely ruins the ride of the truck 9did it on my Chevy 2500hd, and Nissan Titan XD). They want to use the Zone C1231 kit. Has anyone here used it, and if so, what were the results like? Secondly, they want 1200 for the kit/install. The kit can be purchased for $89. I realize a realignment has to be done, but does that price seem realistic if I did decide to proceed? Last, they claim there is no “good quality” suspension leveling only kit for the 2020 model yet, any feedback on that would also be appreciated. Thanks for the help on this!

9 hours ago, Garrett Kizer said:

I just bought a 2020 Denali 2500HD this past weekend. As part of the purchase they agreed to install a suspension leveling kit. I specifically clarified that I did not want a torsion key only kit, and they agreed saying this would def be a full kit including arms and shocks etc. Called the service dept to follow up on the situation and sure enough they wanted to schedule me for the torsion key install, which is exactly what three agreed not to do. In my past experience that completely ruins the ride of the truck 9did it on my Chevy 2500hd, and Nissan Titan XD). They want to use the Zone C1231 kit. Has anyone here used it, and if so, what were the results like? Secondly, they want 1200 for the kit/install. The kit can be purchased for $89. I realize a realignment has to be done, but does that price seem realistic if I did decide to proceed? Last, they claim there is no “good quality” suspension leveling only kit for the 2020 model yet, any feedback on that would also be appreciated. Thanks for the help on this!

I was concerned about the ride quality on all of the torsion key leveling kits so I went with the Cognito 4" lift which is a proper lift. It comes as a 4" front 2" rear, which would have put it slightly nose high ( I have 1.75" difference from front to back on my stock AT4). So I called Cognito and talked to them about getting me a 3" rear block instead of the 2" that came with the kit cuz I hate trucks squatting in the rear.. 

While I was at it, I went ahead and had the standard Fox shocks that came with the kit upgraded to the Fox with external resi's and then added the Cognito upper control arms. I can't wait for this kit to come in and get it installed!

Now just gotta figure out what wheel/tire setup I want to run... That's the most stressful part. lol