Sierra vs Silverado poll

As the title states.  What truck do you guys prefer overall?

In the new redesign I like both equally.

Originally I was leaning towards the Chev as it was overall priced lower.  Was comparing the RST and Elevation trims, not a fan of chrome, appreciate the painted bumpers.

Ended up with a manager’s demo Elevation due to the deal I got.

Over the years I preferred the Chev then the GMC vice versa.

98 and Older Chev

99-06 GMC

07-13 Chev

13-18 Chev

19 and up Both equal in my eyes.

I prefer the looks of the Silverado but I'll be buying an Elevation to get the 10 speed. I just wish you could get 18" wheels and the GM black work steps on the Elevation (or that the 10 speed was offered in the RST with the 5.3).

In terms of the history: 

GMT-400: Both equal

GMT-800: Like the Chevy just a little better 

GMT-900: GMC

K2: Like the GMC just a little better

T1: Overall like the Chevy better but it's mostly about the trim level and the colour. I like the Custom, Custom TB, RST, LT TB, Elevation and AT4 best.  The other Silverado trims are ok but the other Sierra trims look terrible to me. 

Edited by Cpl_Punishment

I target well optioned mid trim level  (LT / SLE)  trucks and find the GMC  preferable at this level.  The stitching on the dash and the wheel well treatment are a couple of differences that come to mind.

• Like 1

I honestly thought my 16 black standard bed Denali looked best with 22 GM black wheels. The 19 plus have all the options I like. Bigger cab ,more options etc. but I also think the new sierras are very gawdy looking. Like A In your face look at me. I still ended up with a 19 Denali.  I would have gone back To the Chevy side last year had they offered the 6.2 in the boss. Which they do now. Sorry I just can’t do 5.3 ??

but the HD sierras look 100 times better then silvy HD. Honestly wtf is GM thinking lately. The camaro , the trail blazer. New silvy HD and how can I forget some badly executed interiors. Man they better hit a grand slam with the Escalade. Have you seen the comparisons between the XT6 and Lincoln Aviator ? Some really suspect looking vehicles and for the love god can we retire the wheezy 3.6 already.  Shame on GM for sticking this motor in Everything. 

Edited by f8l vnm

I purged a '17 F150.. Based on that experience I got an '18 Sierra. They look better than the '19s overall either the chevy or gmc. 

Looks aren't everything. I did the 6 sp and 5.3. I want to turn the key and go. Every-time. 

'19s... i'd pick the GMC...

44 minutes ago, sheepdawg said:

I like the looks of the new Chevy,1500, the front of the GMC looks like crap and that new tailgate is a joke and a waste of good money.

Waste of good money ? Why is it a joke ? Cause you don’t have one ? Oh ok. ? but remember looks are subjective. By the way to get the multi pro you need an SLT. The average SLT climbs to almost 60k. Trust me GM is making their money back ten folds. 

46 minutes ago, Mountain boy said:

Everyone likes the one they bought the best, this is just a way to start shit and should be locked.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Looks are very subjective and if i have learned anything from car forums, you are just going to start a pissing contest with this. We should just be glad GM decided to make 2 different looking same trucks to cater to all and just leave it at that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, f8l vnm said:

Waste of good money ? Why is it a joke ? Cause you don’t have one ? Oh ok. ? but remember looks are subjective. By the way to get the multi pro you need an SLT. The average SLT climbs to almost 60k. Trust me GM is making their money back ten folds. 

What, a person can't put an opinion out without someone getting his panties in a wad? Please enlighten me as to why you think those tailgates are so wonderful. If you need a step use your bumper. What else is it good for???

Edited by sheepdawg

I've had both.  It just depends on what the dealers have in stock at the time there are large incentives.  This time around there was only one Max Trailering package in state and it was a Chevy.  It had everything I really needed, so I got it.  Had it been a GMC, I would have gotten that.  I like the looks of both of them.  Were I looking for an HD, I'd have to draw the line...the 2020 Chevy looks butt ugly.

3 hours ago, Mountain boy said:

Everyone likes the one they bought the best, this is just a way to start shit and should be locked.

No need to lock this thread.  Usually people say they like the one they bought because it is the one they prefer.  Makes perfect sense. imo.   We all know looks are subjective and people can give reasons for their choice without this topic turning confrontational.  Hell, there are members on this forum who think RAM is a nice looking truck.    I don't see it, especially when GM's are better looking, but I respect their right to be wrong! ?

• Like 1

everyone has their own opinions and tastes,  if not there would only be one type of vehicle available.

I prefer the new gmc to the chevy as I don't care for the "gills" on either end of the front bumper or the crease/body line on the front fender extending to the door.

as for  the 2007 - 2018 I didnt like either,  think that crease over the fenders looks more like a dent than a body line...