Sierra vs Silverado poll

3 hours ago, sboden said:

I have a 2018 Sierra AT4 which I got because it doesn't have all the chrome.  I like both trucks but I prefer the 10 speed transmission which wasn't available in Chevy, so I have the 6.2L with 10 speed.  The tailgate is not a gimmick to me as I use the features (yes plural) all the time.  The camera system was also great on the sierra.  I guess it was more about what they delivered than the looks for me.

But if you'd bought a Chevy with the 6.2 it would have the 10 speed...

On 10/13/2019 at 11:12 AM, sheepdawg said:

What, a person can't put an opinion out without someone getting his panties in a wad? Please enlighten me as to why you think those tailgates are so wonderful. If you need a step use your bumper. What else is it good for???

The step make a great place to sit down and listen to the built in Kicker stereo while you enjoy a cold one! 

On 6/28/2020 at 10:58 PM, superhighsierra said:

As a Chevy guy, the GMC is undeniably the better looking truck which is why I bought a GMC. The truth is that the GMC has been the better looking platform since '14. 

You guys are really arguing that this truck:

spacer.png

is a better looking truck than this truck...

spacer.png

LOL. It's not really even close. After I decided on a half ton I first went to the Chevy dealership and then to the GMC dealership. Got a bottom dollar on a GMC and went back to the Chevy dealership to see what they could do, and no disrespect, because I would much rather have bought a car from the Chevy guys (much more normal people b/w the particular dealerships) but I laughed to myself when you put them in contrast. I'll never be loyal to a brand and always buy what is best for me, but when it comes to pickups I have grown up around and always liked Chevy's and wanted a Chevy. Until I saw the GMC... It's almost as if GM took the nicest design and gave it to GMC and took the second best design and gave it to Chevy. The GMC's are the best looking trucks on the market by a longshot. Not met anyone that disagreed. But Chevy does have one of the most loyal brand followings of any vehicle. I will give you that. 

Of these 2 images; the chevy is better hands down. Not a fan of that grill or the rims in the GMC, it's what you call "trying too hard".

On 6/28/2020 at 11:09 PM, superhighsierra said:

Now I will concede that the Elevation & AT4's look like $hit, but the Trail Boss and RST's look even worse. 

I mean we can do this all day. You think this truck:

spacer.png

looks better than this truck?:

spacer.png

Again, it ain't close brother. And if you want to go 3/4 ton it gets even worse for the Chevy's...

The GMC has improved in this image; the grill is less in your face, the rims are still too obnoxious but better.

The chevy looks "off" here. It's missing smoked windows, and has no wheel well liners or running boards, all of which immensely improves the appearance of any truck.

36 minutes ago, Cpl_Punishment said:

But if you'd bought a Chevy with the 6.2 it would have the 10 speed...

True but, if you read the post again you quoted, you will see Chevy didnt have the 6.2 at the time.  I bought very early.  It was hard to find in the Sierra.

Now I will concede that the Elevation & AT4's look like $hit, but the Trail Boss and RST's look even worse. 

I mean we can do this all day. You think this truck:

WHITE_cc_2020CHT270066_01_1280_G1W.jpg

looks better than this truck?:
Whit-Forst-Tintcoat_o.jpg

Again, it ain't close brother. And if you want to go 3/4 ton it gets even worse for the Chevy's...
Personal preference, i wont buy another truck with chrome grille or wheels, thats why i got my rst over ltz5e0c64c22cc38904c34aeffde3b850bf.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Silverado doesn’t turn by crank at all. Looks like it’s trying to be a Camaro.

My Sierra AT4 looks like a truck, that’s what I wanted it to look like.

That and when I got mine the Silverado only came with the little girl engine ?

I dunno why there are now two different people saying the Silverado didn’t have the 6.2 or 10 speed until “later”...

Maybe they mean the Trail Boss didn’t, but nobody was being specific so who knows. 

At any rate, everyone is going to say they like the brand they bought more. Since Chevy outsells GMC over 2 to 1, there’s your poll data.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, OnTheReel said:

At any rate, everyone is going to say they like the brand they bought more. Since Chevy outsells GMC over 2 to 1, there’s your poll data.

Chevy is generally a little cheaper for the same truck, at least in my area.

I think both can look stunning, just depends on trim and how they are spec'ed out.

I don't get the "oh noes, the chevy looks like a camaro" comments. For a start, that doesn't mean it's bad, most brands have a design language that carries through into most/all of their models.

And if you look hard enough and have enough of an axe to grind, you can find similarities between many models and brands.

Chevy - Camaro

GMC - Ford

Ram - Toyota Tundra

Nissan Titan - yesterdays leftovers.

• Like 2

On 10/13/2019 at 11:28 AM, sheepdawg said:

I like the looks of the new Chevy,1500, the front of the GMC looks like crap and that new tailgate is a joke and a waste of good money.

For me the tailgate is a big help.  I use my truck everyday for work, and my guys load and unload heavy items.  Dropping the upper tailgate makes it much easier as you can get closer to the bed, and don't have to reach so far. I have some back issues, so it's much easier to climb in via the Multi pro step that than the corner steps for me.  Also, dropping the upper gate makes it a lot easier to load and secure long items such as lumber. To each their, own, but for me it works.

I like them both but for different reasons. I like the HC better than the Denali, but I like the AT4 better than the Trail Boss. Based on looks for HC/Denali and based on options for the AT4/Trail Boss.

I think in 1500 comparison , they both look good...Its a toss up . It really is . 

Now once you get to the HD trims, the Silverado is the ugliest thing i have ever seen. 

Kudos to GM for going out of their way to make the HD different then the half tons but my goodness the people that came up with that HD front clip design need to be taken in back alley and beaten...Its awful . 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I personally prefer the GMC Denali and AT4. It is what made my decision to go with a GMC. Otherwise, I was looking at the RAM Laramie Longhorn or Limited.

I just preferred the exterior of the GMC over RAM. 

The Chevrolet Silverado High Country looks nice too.

57 minutes ago, f8l vnm said:

but my goodness the people that came up with that HD front clip design need to be taken in back alley and beaten...Its awful . 

I think most people like to jump on the bandwagon and hate on the Chevy HD just because that's the in thing to do. It's not "handsome", but it looks tough and rugged, and far better in person.

I mean scroll a couple posts up and look at the stuff they were making 50-70 years ago, it was considered a great truck back then. Can you imagine that design style as a 2020 truck? It would get laughed to death.

I would definitely consider a Chevy HD from an exterior perspective. The fact that the gasser is only at 6 gears is a complete and total deal killer, and that is the real WTF if you ask me. Nobody is selling 6 gear trannys anymore, except the cummins, but at least there you get 1000 pounds of torque to help out. That new gas engine desperately needs the 10 speed if chevy wants to compete against Ford's massive 7.3, and even Ram 6.4 which is at 8 gears now.

Chevy and GMC need to stop futzing around with those old school trannies and do like Ford; 10 speed across the board. They need to do this like yesterday, but no they're just trying to play games and push people into upper trims.

Edited by the wanderer
  • Like 1