Stupid electric door locks!

3 hours ago, Gary Lee Thompson said:

My automatic electric door locks suck on my 2018 Silverado work truck. Any way to shut off  & use only when I want to use them?

Quick answer...No, there is no setting to change the auto lock feature and it cannot be disabled.

Unless you modify the truck...I suppose you could modify the driver door harness so that the lock does not receive the lock signal to the actuator...

Edited by NCPGMC

I didn't know I couldn't turn them off when I bought the truck. Just talked with service mgr & he said it was a "safety factor" that you can't turn them off. 

I went to a local upfitter/electrical guy and he found the fuse for the door locks which is on P/S of the dashboard by the A Pillar. He wired a relayed interrupt circuit with a switch under my dash so I can turn them off whenever I want. Now when I go through drivethru's in sketchy neighborhoods, I can put the truck in park without the doors unlocking. Find a command start installer you trust and for a $100 or so he'll be able to rig you up, very easy to install actually...

FYI the 2019 models have the option to turn that shit off in the radio screen so that service manager is feeding you lies... I agree it's super annoying to hear the locks clicking everytime you put the truck in park.

I know a few guys who've done what I have to their trucks they drive on construction sites with lots of idle time and driving around site, no need to have the locks actuating 100s of times a day.