Sold 2019 and hoping for a change in 2021

aha1987

3 hours ago, truck_newbie said:

Are you sure you aren't phantom sensing some of these vibrations, lol. Noticed you have reported a few vibration issues. 

I have the same vibration just not as bad as his. started at around 8k miles. Before that it was smooth as silk.  I have a feeling this problem is going to show up way more once people start racking up miles. 

On 10/14/2019 at 8:21 PM, Aycock1987 said:

I hope they make appropriate changes for 2021 on the interior. I just sold my 2019 because I was wasn’t happy with it ( interior, problems, etc). I know there are rumors of changes coming but I sure hope GM gets their Sh** together for 2021. I should’ve kept my 2017. I will reconsider once they get all the bugs worked out and update the interior. I learned my lesson on buying a first year redesign. FYI, I am still a gm loyalist 

Sorry, you may have already stated this, but just curious, how did you sell it?  Carmax or Private Sale?  

7 minutes ago, Doolin-Dalton said:

Sorry, you may have already stated this, but just curious, how did you sell it?  Carmax or Private Sale?  

I had it up for sale for a week or 2 on auto trader but ended up taking it to CarMax and they gave me a low number so I went to some Chevrolet dealerships and one of them gave me a couple grand more than what CarMax was offering.

13 minutes ago, Sin City Trail Boss said:

You tell me. I took this today in the smoothest road out here going about 75.

Sorry, i don't mean to make light of your vibration issues. I went through something similar on my previous vehicle ('16 CTS). I put on new tires and wheels and ever since then, there was this small vibration that could not be resolved. I was also apparently the only one who could tell. I went through at least 10 road force balances across 3 different shops, same issue. Eventually, one guy from discount tire told me he thinks it's from the wheels and recommended i get myself a better set of wheels. He said low quality wheels might have small imperfections that might not be picked up by the balancer. 

Granted, the wheels i had initially (Verde Saga) were bargain wheels and didn't have the best manufacturing process. I bit the bullet and bought another set of wheels (O.Z Italia Racing). They were much more expensive but i definitely got what i paid for. The O.Z wheels came with calibration/performance results so right away, i knew i was unto something. After i got them mounted, I thought the vibration was still present but after about a week, i realized it was gone and was just residue feelings from the previous wheels.  

Every vehicle exhibits some amount of vibration since there are a lot of rotating parts. I can't tell if the water bottle shake in your video is abnormal. Have you tried the water bottle test on another vehicle which you would consider smooth?

7 minutes ago, truck_newbie said:

Sorry, i don't mean to make light of your vibration issues. I went through something similar on my previous vehicle ('16 CTS). I put on new tires and wheels and ever since then, there was this small vibration that could not be resolved. I was also apparently the only one who could tell. I went through at least 10 road force balances across 3 different shops, same issue. Eventually, one guy from discount tire told me he thinks it's from the wheels and recommended i get myself a better set of wheels. He said low quality wheels might have small imperfections that might not be picked up by the balancer. 

Granted, the wheels i had initially (Verde Saga) were bargain wheels and didn't have the best manufacturing process. I bit the bullet and bought another set of wheels (O.Z Italia Racing). They were much more expensive but i definitely got what i paid for. The O.Z wheels came with calibration/performance results so right away, i knew i was unto something. After i got them mounted, I thought the vibration was still present but after about a week, i realized it was gone and was just residue feelings from the previous wheels.  

Every vehicle exhibits some amount of vibration since there are a lot of rotating parts. I can't tell if the water bottle shake in your video is abnormal. Have you tried the water bottle test on another vehicle which you would consider smooth?

I was actually thinking about those two things myself!

Changing rims, and also do the water test on my wife's brand new SUV which is super smooth.

On 10/17/2019 at 11:15 AM, Bigfoot16 said:

I like my HC a lot... much better than my '16 LTZ.  My only complaint would be the tilt wheel.  I wish it was like the Tahoe that is automatic and telescoping... First world problem..... :)

My salesman told me they dropped the electric tilt/telescopic wheel because too many people use the steering wheel to help pull themselves into the vehicle and the electric version was more prone to wear from this, which made it not work correctly or at all and it is super expensive to repair or replace.  Take that for what its worth...

• Like 1

22 hours ago, mistaare said:

Why exactly do you think that RAM took 2nd? Is it based solely on interior or also build quality and reliability? I really want to buy either a GMC Elevation or AT4 but to be honest, reading about brake, transmission and electronic issues really has me second guessing,,,,,

Go read the Ram forums and you will see they have plenty of problems, maybe more than GM. Even the F-150 that came out in 2015 still has plenty of complaint threads over on their forum. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, wizard4878 said:

My salesman told me they dropped the electric tilt/telescopic wheel because too many people use the steering wheel to help pull themselves into the vehicle and the electric version was more prone to wear from this, which made it not work correctly or at all and it is super expensive to repair or replace.  Take that for what its worth...

Isn't that why they brought the grab handle back? 

42 minutes ago, jlong1984 said:

Go read the Ram forums and you will see they have plenty of problems, maybe more than GM. Even the F-150 that came out in 2015 still has plenty of complaint threads over on their forum. 

Not to mention a dozen recalls on the 2017s, which I was led to believe didn't change much from the two previous years. 

hmm, i just bought a 2020 Sierra Denali with Duramax. i've had 3 of the previous gen, 2014, 2015, 2017 all with the 6.2 and the last 2 were Denali Ultimate.

honestly i cannot find much i don't like about the 2020.

one of the reasons i always buy the fully optioned model of anything i buy is there will always be things you don't like, but the plethora of great things outweigh the bad things.

my daily is a 2017 CTS-V and despite the crappy 8 speed trans i still love the car. (what's not to like about 640 hp and 600 lbs of torque?) i still get almost 30 highway MPG..

anyway, i think the interior looks pretty good overall. is ram better? maybe? but i also think RAM / Dodge makes a pretty cheap ass vehicle from all other aspects.