Sold 2019 and hoping for a change in 2021

aha1987

10 hours ago, Sierradude said:

Where’s the adaptive cruise control?

2020s have it.

11 hours ago, redwngr said:

You can buy a truck and still acknowledge its shortcomings. I love my Sierra, but the interior is lacking in comparison to Ram, and I'm sure the new 2021 Ford will have a nice interior GM will be measured against. 

1 hour ago, jlong1984 said:

2020s have it.

You can buy a truck and still acknowledge its shortcomings. I love my Sierra, but the interior is lacking in comparison to Ram, and I'm sure the new 2021 Ford will have a nice interior GM will be measured against

13 hours ago, redwngr said:

Yes I do! GM sales are doing a lot better then the first 2 quarters. But you can’t deny Rams sales and now they are clear cut number 2 for first time ever. Ram took market share from both ford and GM. But Ford is still selling 70-80k trucks a month.  I’m a die hard GM guy , not putting the truck down. Just saying it has short comings compared to its main rivals. 

14 hours ago, redwngr said:

I wonder how much of this is driven by dealers building up stock in preparation for the potential (and occurrence of) the strike?

Plus there have been a lot more incentives on the new trucks of late. My crystal ball says that will be the best quarter for the year.

I have a 19 AT4 and sorry but I love the interior.  The fact there are real knobs and buttons and not all touch is the best part.  I own a jeep grand Cherokee and that has all touch for climate and such and its awful.  You have to take your eyes off the road, go through multiple screens to just turn the heated seats on or change the climate.  Also have you driven the ram with 12in display at night?  Try it and you will find out its like having the interior lights on all the time.  My 2 cents

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I said this once before and I'll say it again. The guys that are coming from the 07-13 trucks are going to be in awe of the interiors on the new 19s because the older trucks are all plastic from door to door. Now the guys that are coming from 14-18 trucks are either going to like it or not. Because there is not too much change between the materials and layout of the trucks they are used to.

• Like 1

I think the interior is an important item.. but reliability is a vital item. that is, coming from a '17 F150 eco to a GMC has been a real reprieve. 

I agree that one may buy a truck based on its looks or interior. But you will sure as hell get rid of it on account of an unreliable power train. And that my friends is where you get bit.

Pete

• Like 1

On 10/15/2019 at 11:05 AM, f8l vnm said:

100% agreed.  GM dropped The ball in the interior. Big time. So much so that RAM took 2nd place in sells for the first time ever. I know some of you are perfectly fine with the interior but majority of people have spoken and they think it’s a weak attempt. Again don’t agree with me ? Look at the sales numbers.  We’ll see what happens , I’m not expecting a miracle as GM just lacks in the interior dept. 

Why exactly do you think that RAM took 2nd? Is it based solely on interior or also build quality and reliability? I really want to buy either a GMC Elevation or AT4 but to be honest, reading about brake, transmission and electronic issues really has me second guessing,,,,,

Then I suggest checking out the ramforumz .com problems forum. You’ll be back in a hurry. Honestly, if reliability is your biggest criteria just go with the Tundra. That platform has been around since 07 and is pretty much bulletproof. Gas is horrendous but you’ll only see the dealer for maintenance. I have had absolutely zero problems with my 07 crew cab.  My 2002 Tahoe has also been a fantasticaly reliable vehicle.l have put over 240k miles on original Powertrain. Just replaced the AC compressor and a tie rod on it. I would drive it or my tundra across country tomorrow. 

Edited by lrtexasman
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, lrtexasman said:

Then I suggest checking out the ramforumz .com problems forum. You’ll be back in a hurry. Honestly, if reliability is your biggest criteria just go with the Tundra. That platform has been around since 07 and is pretty much bulletproof. Gas is horrendous but you’ll only see the dealer for maintenance. I have had absolutely zero problems with my 07 crew cab.  My 2002 Tahoe has also been a fantasticaly reliable vehicle.l have put over 240k miles on original Powertrain. Just replaced the AC compressor and a tie rod on it. I would drive it or my tundra across country tomorrow. 

Only thing that stopped me from buying a Tundra was that during test driving, all 3 ones I tried had an annoying gas pedal vibration. 

Otherwise I would have been all over it.

OP:  Sorry the 2019 didn't work out for you. 

I am loving my '19 so far.  I do admit that the interior is not as slick as the Ram and should have been better.

Possibly when the refresh  comes out I may upgrade, but I don't feel that compelled right now. I am happy with the features and look of this one.

I just came out of a '14 which was a great truck and I like the familiarity to that one.  Very functional in my opinion.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sin City Trail Boss said:

Only thing that stopped me from buying a Tundra was that during test driving, all 3 ones I tried had an annoying gas pedal vibration. 

Otherwise I would have been all over it.

Are you sure you aren't phantom sensing some of these vibrations, lol. Noticed you have reported a few vibration issues.