Chirping noise on at cold startup

I have a 2019 GMC Sierra 1500 Denali, just over 4000 miles, on startup I keep hearing a chirping sound similar to a slipping belt,  very noticeable on auto start /stop,  dealer said it’s normal, pretty annoying on a 65k truck.

any ideas on what’s causing it.

Owned multiple new vehicles over the years, Per the dealer Its not a serpentine belt noise, they said it’s a starter noise when cold ( normal ), just disappointing To hear the chirping on a brand new truck.

6 minutes ago, Dean1983 said:

Owned multiple new vehicles over the years, Per the dealer Its not a serpentine belt noise, they said it’s a starter noise when cold ( normal ), just disappointing To hear the chirping on a brand new truck.

My starter sounds like an old Dodge starter from the 70's.  ?

2 hours ago, Dean1983 said:

In other words, if you want the issue resolved, you'll have to figure it out yourself because the service departments won't do anything about it. 

5 hours ago, Colossus said:

In other words, if you want the issue resolved, you'll have to figure it out yourself because the service departments won't do anything about it. 

For an issue that will most likely go away as the starter wears what are they supposed to do?

• 3 years later...

Mine chirps at start up too, I dont believe its the starter at all. Sounds like its electric power steering to me, its a quick 1 second chirp in my situation.

• 5 months later...
On 4/13/2024 at 3:56 PM, ArbZ said:

2019 Silverado LD has the chirp on startup. Noticeable at speed on occasion, coinciding with the switch from 8 to 4 cylinders. Didn’t start until about 65,000 miles, belt was new from a water pump replacement. 

Were sorry to see you are having concerns with your 2019 Silverado and would like to investigate this further for you. Please send us an email at [email protected]. Make sure to include your Username and Forum name in the subject line with additional details. Our team looks forward to your email.