New to this forum, I have a 2008 GMC Sierra 1500 and I’m trying to beef her up a bit. I bought it already with a leveling kit installed and now it’s time to get it up higher.. my previous vehicles were all jeeps so I’m semi new to the whole off roading with a truck scene. What’s the best way to get 4.5-6 in of suspension lift ? Body lift ? What parts would I absolutely need to swap out for a lift of this size? I have 32in MTs on here already,  but looking into getting a 35s’ after the holidays . Thanks for your advice and time! 

FEE9B5B5-E2F7-4CDB-BA84-8C111EAC29EF.jpeg

Search around the forum, there are many threads about lift kits. I often see rough country and others as popular choices and they pretty much come with everything you need.

If you do go with 35's I do suggest you re-gear the truck to 4.56's to gain back your mechanical advantage.

Is it 2WD or 4WD?

4WD would mean both have to be done.

Look in the glove box for the RPO codes. Being a half ton with the 4 speed 4L60 is going to be one of two options. Either GT4 for 3.73's or GU6 for 3.42's.

Generally speaking tire sizes and gear ratio's need to go together. Otherwise the truck will be a slug because it can't overcome the huge tires and added weight.

30-31in tires normally have 3.42/3.73's.

32-33in tires ideally should have 4.10's.

34-35in tires ideally should have 4.56's.

37's get 4.88's.

You can do the math with online calculators to see where your cruising rpm will be at. Doing new gears is the best way to improve performance and gain/maintain fuel mileage because the truck won't be fighting itself.