Let's see your bed management system

Jorge18

The spot for the 2x4 that keeps groceries in the back is a small area, so I just added a sheet of ply to my 2x4 rack above. Along with that i have a sliding box that holds the trailer hitches and ratchets above. But the grocery idea easily freed up another 7 inches. All will be sprayed black soon. 

20200131_161352.jpg

Edited by bdsilverado

I've got this polymer bin that I used in my old truck that I wanted to keep using. The typical kind you can buy at Lowes or Home Depot. It's just about the right size for me and I throw a moving blanket folded up in the bottom of it in case I need it and it acts as padding for stuff. The 'feet' on the bin line up with the grooves in the bed so it slides in and out pretty straight.

I put an LED strip light in it that came with my bed covers (I think they gave me four strips and I've already got bed lights.)

It has a lid but I rarely use the lid in the truck.

I used the 2x6 but I put it up in the higher slots and put some spacers on it to keep the bin from jumping around. I just sprayed it with cheap flat black spray pain. It doesn't move at all with the tailgate shut. I can put it in the back of the cab if I need the whole bed for something big. If I've got longer stuff that's thin I can slide that kind of thing in next to the bin and under the 2x6. I can flip the 2x6 over and slide the bin all the way over to one side. I can put the bin in front of the 2x6. All in all I can swap it up and it stays put.

dLJHWySgX639Dh9UjpinJeWmhkv4jukclvU_ynwT

glguYvLFaHbF__jyKega3K8B0bWSnFT-C3b7iEc8

WlLUkgeIFoG0aMkIhNdleZDLkE3eBxHyyK_GZ1fT

A0Xd8W2A8wpdVzN5v9pxXA3sxJrIuQ2wXW7dDZt0

Edited by nolte

21 hours ago, disneybaker said:

Just noticed you name on here the B4U, is that a 94-96 Grand Prix reference?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, RPO code B4U was for the SS option on my 03 Silverado.

Keep the large tools in a plastic Home Depot bin, smaller tools in a soft bag behind the wheel hump.  I also made some nice axe and shovel mounts out of rubber quick release clamps and the after market tie down inserts.  

bed mod2.jpg

IMG_0807 copy.jpg

• Like 1

On 2/2/2020 at 4:46 PM, JT19HC said:

Mounting possibilities to these tie down inserts are many.

IMG_3375 2.jpg

Where abouts did you find those mounts? I’ve been wanting to do something for my axe (big time camper/atv’er in the summer so it rides there all year) to keep it up out of the way of everything else and that is exactly what I’m aiming for!

15 hours ago, shortboxshuffler said:

Where abouts did you find those mounts? I’ve been wanting to do something for my axe (big time camper/atv’er in the summer so it rides there all year) to keep it up out of the way of everything else and that is exactly what I’m aiming for!

On 12/4/2019 at 5:28 PM, Ryno12 said:

Yep, I use a 2x6 also. I sprayed mine with bed liner coating and also made moveable pieces that prevent items from sliding side by side. 

A980813D-C9EF-4F8F-8EC3-4DF360B7045C.jpeg

How long did you cut the 2x6? I got a different number every time I measured (I was by myself) ranging from 72 to almost 73 inches. I feel like 72 and 1/4 is probably right, but wondered what you had.

How long did you cut the 2x6? I got a different number every time I measured (I was by myself) ranging from 72 to almost 73 inches. I feel like 72 and 1/4 is probably right, but wondered what you had.

You’re pretty much right on. Mine is exactly at 72 3/16”. I think I started at 72.5 & then kept shaving a little off till went in & came out easily.
My bed is obviously sprayed with bed liner. Non sprayed beds will be slightly wider.
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Ryno12 said:

You’re pretty much right on. Mine is exactly at 72 3/16”. I think I started at 72.5 & then kept shaving a little off till went in & came out easily.
My bed is obviously sprayed with bed liner. Non sprayed beds will be slightly wider.

I intended to cut mine long and then shorten if too tight as well, but it wound up being like I wanted it on the first cut. 

I think it's the way to go because you can always shorten it if the tight fit bugs you, but if you're bugged by it wobbling around that's just not (quite) as easy.

I say cut it 72.5 and go from there.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...