Upfitter switches

24 minutes ago, Truckchauffeur said:

Is the only termination point the wires under the dash or is their a spot under the hood that you can hook up to the switches? Also I only have 4 wires but 5 switches. how do you terminate the fifth switch position? 

The only termination point is under the dash. Switch 5 is prewired for a strobe light in the roof, and the other end is in the spoiler. You could pull that wire out of the harness and cut it and then use it for what you want. 

1 hour ago, LSX Z28 said:

The only termination point is under the dash. Switch 5 is prewired for a strobe light in the roof, and the other end is in the spoiler. You could pull that wire out of the harness and cut it and then use it for what you want. 

Thanks Kevin

• 5 months later...

I tried asking a couple of dealers around me and they all turned down the installation. With all the videos on youtube, you can do it yourself very easily. Hardest part is popping off interior panels. Everything else was easy.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Well the first picture is similar to the one in my truck. Just a different color. Well I added a 5 aux switch panel to it today. I didn’t want to cut into my dash just to add some switches. Plus I wanted it to look factory. So since the fold down compartment for the eye glasses isn’t really big enough to hold glasses. I decided to use that space. So I cut out the hole with my router table. Then Cut out couple of abs panels with a rectangle hole in it. big enough to snug the switch panel body into it. And drill a small hole on each corner of the abs panel. This becomes my mounting plate. Then Epoxy one abs panel to the back side of the compartment. And the second one. I epoxy that to the switch panel body. Then screwed ( using the 4 holes i drilled ) the switch panel to the abs panel on the back side of the compartment. It turned out amazing. What do you all think of it.

So my gmc truck is 2017 2500hd Denali. And this kit is made for newer trucks. 
So I have to extend all the wires, and hardwire it in. ( gotta find abs locate couple of wires on the truck to tap into to make the switches work with the leds ).  Since I don’t have the factory plug that this kit comes with. Plus I have to find a place to mount the fuse / relay box. 

On 4/8/2020 at 6:32 PM, mkeddie said:

Thanks
I won't need the knee bolster as I'm gonna extend the wires and put the switches up in the headliner

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Well the first picture is similar to the one in my truck. Just a different color. Well I added a 5 aux switch panel to it today. I didn’t want to cut into my dash just to add some switches. Plus I wanted it to look factory. So since the fold down compartment for the eye glasses isn’t really big enough to hold glasses. I decided to use that space. So I cut out the hole with my router table. Then Cut out couple of abs panels with a rectangle hole in it. big enough to snug the switch panel body into it. And drill a small hole on each corner of the abs panel. This becomes my mounting plate. Then Epoxy one abs panel to the back side of the compartment. And the second one. I epoxy that to the switch panel body. Then screwed ( using the 4 holes i drilled ) the switch panel to the abs panel on the back side of the compartment. It turned out amazing. What do you all think of it.

So my gmc truck is 2017 2500hd Denali. And this kit is made for newer trucks. 
So I have to extend all the wires, and hardwire it in. ( gotta find abs locate couple of wires on the truck to tap into to make the switches work with the leds ).  Since I don’t have the factory plug that this kit comes with. Plus I have to find a place to mount the fuse / relay box. 05FD42DF-4B82-46F2-A0C8-0C1197D811AF.thumb.jpeg.6b4875d8f4a9621e26108b3fd2e750ae.jpeg

• Like 3

@Robo9831 You did a very clean job on cutting out, and installing the switch stack.  I like where you have this installed for a couple of reasons:

* Easy to see which switches are activated

* Easy to manipulate the switch while keeping your averted vision on the road ahead.

I was not excited to see the OEM location, so this is a nice alternative.

Will look forward to see how you end up making all your connections.

Nice work! :thumbs:

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/10/2022 at 10:07 AM, sheath said:

@Robo9831 You did a very clean job on cutting out, and installing the switch stack.  I like where you have this installed for a couple of reasons:

* Easy to see which switches are activated

* Easy to manipulate the switch while keeping your averted vision on the road ahead.

I was not excited to see the OEM location, so this is a nice alternative.

Will look forward to see how you end up making all your connections.

Nice work! :thumbs:

Thank you.