Upfitter switches

18 minutes ago, kf9yr said:

Can someone post a picture of where the small fuse box is mounted?

My switch and harness arrived today.

Thanks

George

Goes kinda under the steering wheel behind the trim panel. It’s the blue box in this diagram!  You installing yourself? Good luck! 

ACBEE57E-7A72-4899-9701-624E6B2984F1.jpeg

Thanks!

I did most of the install.

I bought the new knee bolster but decided to use it to make a template and just cut the hole for the switch.

I ran the wire across the engine compartment and through the grommet.

I didn’t get started until 5:30 and ran out of light.

Tomorrow I will find the end of the wire under the dash, put it in the plug and then connect the battery end.

It took me around two hours so far... The last 1/2 hour was spent searching for the power wire in the driver’s knee well. I should have given up and waited for daylight.

It will also probably help to have a second person move the power wire while you’re under the dash so you can see it easier.

I’m going to hook up a ham radio, an air compressor and eventually some extra lights.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

31 minutes ago, kf9yr said:

Thanks!

I did most of the install.

I bought the new knee bolster but decided to use it to make a template and just cut the hole for the switch.

I ran the wire across the engine compartment and through the grommet.

I didn’t get started until 5:30 and ran out of light.

Tomorrow I will find the end of the wire under the dash, put it in the plug and then connect the battery end.

It took me around two hours so far... The last 1/2 hour was spent searching for the power wire in the driver’s knee well. I should have given up and waited for daylight.

It will also probably help to have a second person move the power wire while you’re under the dash so you can see it easier.

I’m going to hook up a ham radio, an air compressor and eventually some extra lights.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Nice work! The hardest part is definitely installing the new knee bolster as the whole dash has to come apart so good call drilling a hole in your current bolster!  Have a few lights hooked up to mine so far, probably going to add some more with a back rack! 

137FBCBD-EDE8-46E7-B9CB-45CC2A18D725.jpeg

Does the 5th switch always have to be used for snow plow prep? I would like these for adding some auxiliary lighting. I don’t have any need for a snow plow so it would be nice to use that switch for something else.
No just have to find the wire that feeds the beacon

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, mkeddie said:

Not sure what u mean but u can get it on all models from the factory

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

I purchased a 2020 2500 Denali about 2 months ago. I'm not sure if it's because I live in Canada but there was no option for upfitters switches. I didn't know they where available until I found this thread. For reference I have the snow plow prep package and 5th wheel prep. 

31 minutes ago, Avinashh said:

I purchased a 2020 2500 Denali about 2 months ago. I'm not sure if it's because I live in Canada but there was no option for upfitters switches. I didn't know they where available until I found this thread. For reference I have the snow plow prep package and 5th wheel prep. 

Did you custom order it from the factory? It should be available for U.S. and Canadian markets. 

If you "build" a truck on the Chevrolet website you should see it listed as an option to select. 

5 minutes ago, FirstAscent said:

Did you custom order it from the factory? It should be available for U.S. and Canadian markets. 

If you "build" a truck on the Chevrolet website you should see it listed as an option to select. 

Yea it’s an option on the Canadian trucks as well! 

558CF890-D31D-47C2-9529-3E921A09A4DD.jpeg

• Like 1