Jump to content
  • Sign up for FREE! Become a GM-Trucks.com Member Today!

    In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Upfitter switches


Recommended Posts

On 12/19/2019 at 8:23 PM, Kevin Monaghan said:

Really the knee bolster was the hardest part to install. The rest is fairly easy, plug in, hang the fuse block and run the wire to the battery. I went to the dealer to get the missing battery stud kit today. There are 12 in California, may be awhile with the holidays.

I have this connector hanging next to the BCM. Is this where the upfitter switches would plug into? I know you had to install the whole harness, but maybe mine is already installed?? 
 

The dealer did install a big bag of parts in the back seat that included studs and fuses. It was UI bulletin #147 that covers VYU plow package and 9L7 upfitter switch power provision. 
 

Where are the RPO codes listed? They are not in the glovebox like I am used to. 

C191937B-AC49-49BD-AAF6-BB7385C74AE9.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, LSX Z28 said:

I have this connector hanging next to the BCM. Is this where the upfitter switches would plug into? I know you had to install the whole harness, but maybe mine is already installed?? 
 

The dealer did install a big bag of parts in the back seat that included studs and fuses. It was UI bulletin #147 that covers VYU plow package and 9L7 upfitter switch power provision. 
 

Where are the RPO codes listed? They are not in the glovebox like I am used to. 

C191937B-AC49-49BD-AAF6-BB7385C74AE9.jpeg

Yes, that appears to be the connection location, mine did have that there installed. If you push in on the tab on the left side, that cap will come off and then you plug in the harness with the new fuse block that hangs under the column. The bulletin # 147 kit is what I am missing to connect to the  right side battery. This is all on top of the battery, below the cover.

Not sure on the codes, should say in the manual. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Kevin Monaghan said:

Yes, that appears to be the connection location, mine did have that there installed. If you push in on the tab on the left side, that cap will come off and then you plug in the harness with the new fuse block that hangs under the column. The bulletin # 147 kit is what I am missing to connect to the  right side battery. This is all on top of the battery, below the cover.

Not sure on the codes, should say in the manual. 

 

I misspoke earlier, I have the studs and fuses (147)  that the dealer did not install, but told me I need to. They did install #124 which was a whole wad of wires. Is that the one that you had to install? 
 

B0518D5A-75A1-433E-B08C-B3688148E6C9.jpeg

C9A7EF55-3414-4B9E-8ED0-F475C0045129.jpeg

5E71C7F7-11E9-4BDD-9FCF-96F1CF336163.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, LSX Z28 said:

I misspoke earlier, I have the studs and fuses (147)  that the dealer did not install, but told me I need to. They did install #124 which was a whole wad of wires. Is that the one that you had to install? 
 

B0518D5A-75A1-433E-B08C-B3688148E6C9.jpeg

C9A7EF55-3414-4B9E-8ED0-F475C0045129.jpeg

5E71C7F7-11E9-4BDD-9FCF-96F1CF336163.jpeg

No, #124 is snowplow prep related. It has something to do with large electrical loads and the infotainment/radio performance. Dealer is supposed to install that if requested. #153 is Upfitter switches.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Skeld said:

My buddy has one of these trucks he just picked up on Tuesday.  He has snow plow prep but doesn't have upfitter switches.  Anyone know how you're supposed to switch the strobe in that case?

I am going to do more investigating when I get home next week and back to the truck. I might just mount a single switch where the upfitter switches would mount. I am running a Game Changer strobe setup that plugs into the BCM right there anyway, so I just need to get a power wire to that area for the switch. Right now I just wired a cigarette lighter end on it to test them out. The video I have of them is to large to upload, I will have to try to get a shorter one later. It uses all of the trucks lights as strobes instead of having to mount a strobe light on the truck. 
 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, pegasus said:

I have an upfitter kit that came with new 2020 Silverado 2500HD truck. I would be willing to part with it as I don't ever plan on putting a plow on it.

Joe 

I would be interested in purchasing it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, pegasus said:

I have an upfitter kit that came with new 2020 Silverado 2500HD truck. I would be willing to part with it as I don't ever plan on putting a plow on it.

Joe 

I guess is it the plow harness, or the up fitter switches?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So im in the process of ordering my truck and trying to get all the info on everything that im gonna need to get it built when I receive it 

few questions 

1 what is the amp rating on each switch.  it says there are 3 30 amp and 2 20 amp  I don't think I will exceed any of those but want to know before I layout what they will activate.

2 is the roof beacon wire already predetermined in the switch layout.   I plan to run a 'roofbeacon' but also some other cornering lights.

3 some of the bulletins posted here are for the 1500 are they the same for the 2500

 

any help would be great

pictures/videos would be better to help everyone thru this  

 

thanks

mike

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, mkeddie161 said:

So im in the process of ordering my truck and trying to get all the info on everything that im gonna need to get it built when I receive it 

few questions 

1 what is the amp rating on each switch.  it says there are 3 30 amp and 2 20 amp  I don't think I will exceed any of those but want to know before I layout what they will activate.

2 is the roof beacon wire already predetermined in the switch layout.   I plan to run a 'roofbeacon' but also some other cornering lights.

3 some of the bulletins posted here are for the 1500 are they the same for the 2500

 

any help would be great

pictures/videos would be better to help everyone thru this  

 

thanks

mike

 

Looking at the wiring schematic it looks like switch 5 is dedicated to the roof beacon.  The others are user configurable.  Attached are the installation instructions.

Joe

UI Bulletin 153_wip.pdf

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So if I'm reading that right the switches go

30 20 20 30 30

The fifth switch is the roof beacon
but can i tap into that wire under the dash to re route power out of the firewall

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

They do light up too, the 4 blunt cuts out the bottom are for your connection. #5 is the roof beacon wire that is coiled near the 3rd brake light. (snowplow prep pkg)

IMG-0851.jpg

 did you have to cut the hole? Or was the switch mounted and you had to run the wires?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.