What’s your most favorite vehicle, the one that you wish you never got rid of or still have??

TXGREEK

My 2007 " AWD intake and tune only record holding" Trailblazer SS, then my 94 Lt1 loaded Caprice Classic, with headers, no cats, 3.73 gears 1.6 rockers.... then my first car, a 69 Dodge Dart Custom, 2 door with a 318. Not much done, but in the early mid 80's everything else was super slow.  And I have to admit, this truck I have now I'm liking more and more.  Runs very good for a truck, haven't lost a race to another truck.  Raced a lot of diesels and a new style Raptor. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grumpy Bear said:

1964 Chevelle Malibu SS Hard Top.

185 hp 283 1 barrel Powerglide 10 bolt open 3.08 gear. Teal Green with White leather interior. 

My father had a 65 Chevelle, white 283 four speed two door with red interior.  Had a fender bender and it needed like $300 worth of work, which seemed like a lot in 1980 so he got rid of it.  I was only five and gave him hell for getting rid of it then, and now I'm 44 and I still give him hell for getting rid of it.  

Edited by i82much
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I did not make this mistake!  My parents bought a 1965 GTO in the early 80's, I got it from them in high school and drove it for five years.  Joined the Army, parked it.  The car rusted out pretty bad, but at least I didn't sell it.  

Many years, a couple of college degrees, two military deployments, an ex-wife, and a whole lot of $$ later, I still have my first car ...

Man, I wish. My moto was so many cars so little time. Most were used. I fix them up a little trade for the next. I had my javelin, roadrunner, California special Mustang, 66 442, 68,69 impala, 74 nova in one year. I’ve had over 100 in all. One I found is still around. In 1975 my brother in law was looking. Found him a 69 Firebird convertible. His first car, he still has it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Just now, KARNUT said:

Man, I wish. My moto was so many cars so little time. Most were used. I fix them up a little trade for the next. I had my javelin, roadrunner, California special Mustang, 66 442, 68,69 impala, 74 nova in one year. I’ve had over 100 in all. One I found is still around. In 1975 my brother in law was looking. Found him a 69 Firebird convertible. His first car, he still has it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's awesome.  It is easy to look back and regret selling a specific car, but at the same time it is pretty cool to have owned a bunch of cool cars.

My personal claim to fame is that I have always owned domestic brand vehicles, despite having owned an early 80's BMW beater.  I was an E4 stationed in Germany at the time!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, i82much said:

I did not make this mistake!  My parents bought a 1965 GTO in the early 80's, I got it from them in high school and drove it for five years.  Joined the Army, parked it.  The car rusted out pretty bad, but at least I didn't sell it.  

Many years, a couple of college degrees, two military deployments, an ex-wife, and a whole lot of $$ later, I still have my first car ...

Very nice!!! 

What part of Washington are you in? If you show it at any local shows in the Seattle/Tacoma area, I probably have seen your car.

Merry Christmas, and thank your for your service to our country!!!

Edited by JimCost2014

57 minutes ago, Grumpy Bear said:

They really haven't made anything since 1970 that turned my head. Serious as a heart attack. 

I'm not too different than you, although I like the 71/72 Chevy and GMC trucks and some of the mid- and late-70's Pontiacs as well.  For me 72 is almost the cut-off year.  Usually when I check craigslist I look at 1955-1972 cars.

36 minutes ago, JimCost2014 said:

Very nice!!! 

What part of Washington are you in? If you show it at any local shows in the Seattle/Tacoma area, I probably have seen your car.

Merry Christmas, and thank your for your service to our country!!!

Thanks, and Merry Christmas to you!  I'm one winning argument with the wife away from going back in the Guard, so wish me luck in convincing her!

As for location, I'm in Spokane.  I mostly just take the car out on nice evenings and drive it, we have a 6 and a 2 year old so I'm not ready to take them to car shows in the hot rod yet.  My son wants to paint my 72 Chevy k10 with polka dots, rainbows, scary dinosaurs, and scary monsters.  Oh, and put a supercharger on it.  Maybe when we are done with the truck we will bring it over to the west side and you will see it at a show.  Shouldn't be hard to pick out! 

10 minutes ago, i82much said:

My son wants to paint my 72 Chevy k10 with polka dots, rainbows, scary dinosaurs, and scary monsters. 

I like his thinking!!!

Local guy in the area, Roy Dunn that could airbrush that for you. Good Guys do two shows here in Washington, usually around 3000 cars out at the Puyallup fair grounds, never have made it to the one in Spokane.

Good luck with the wife, and always good luck if you ever see action again!!!

Edited by JimCost2014
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, amxguy1970 said:

We've had a couple AMC's (one 73 AMX and a 70 Javelin), no longer have either of them. 

My personal choice is my 06 GTO; bought it new and drove it for 4 years. Sold it to me smart and bought my aunts Altima, bought it back last year with only another 3k miles on it when the new owner called asking (he promised to give me first dibs), it will be staying for a very long time. 

Tyler

Love the Holden GTO's (Manaro), had a chance to drive both the 5.7 and the 6.0's when I was selling cars. 6.0 was a blast to drive!

They were going to be the next generation Camaro's, but they could not get them to pass the bumper regulations (crash). so they pulled the plug on them.

Very nice cars, with the option packages, gauge cluster matching exterior color, nicer leather, Blaupunkt stereo, Corvette engine and so on....

Edited by JimCost2014

25 minutes ago, JimCost2014 said:

I like his thinking!!!

Local guy in the area, Roy Dunn that could airbrush that for you. Good Guys do two shows here in Washington, usually around 3000 cars out at the Puyallup fair grounds, never have made it to the one in Spokane.

Good luck with the wife, and always good luck if you ever see action again!!!

ok man take care!  if you have a link to a hot rod of your own, post it up!