Better FM signal

10 minutes ago, MacLaren said:

I agree.  Mine is just as good as any other vehicle I've owned. 

Yep.  There's thousands types of vehicles on the road so how does he know only 50% of the vehicles are able to receive that station?  Weird...

• Like 1

I must confess I have unlimited data on my iPhone. So I go through iHeartRadio and Bluetooth. The only (radio station) I listen to is through iHeartRadio and my local talk radio station. Even local I do it that way. If I listen to music in this right now world I listen to only what I like. Pandora, iHeartRadio, prime or iPod. I don’t have patience to listen to FM. I can’t imagine why anyone who would listen to the yakking on FM or limited options on satellite radio.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

54 minutes ago, mafd2 said:

Yep.  There's thousands types of vehicles on the road so how does he know only 50% of the vehicles are able to receive that station?  Weird...

Lets see out of the 20 vehicles I drive around regularly or are a passenger in, half of them get it clearly and half do not. So like I said it SEEMS about 50% of vehicles are capable of getting it clearly, a 19 Sierra is not one of them. That's why I asked if anyone knows of a way to get better reception, aftermarket or otherwise.

7 minutes ago, KARNUT said:

I must confess I have unlimited data on my iPhone. So I go through iHeartRadio and Bluetooth. The only (radio station) I listen to is through iHeartRadio and my local talk radio station. Even local I do it that way. If I listen to music in this right now world I listen to only what I like. Pandora, iHeartRadio, prime or iPod. I don’t have patience to listen to FM. I can’t imagine why anyone who would listen to the yakking on FM or limited options on satellite radio.

I am sometimes In a remote area where there is no cell service, and Sirius seems to be on repeat for weeks on end. FM is the only other option or recorded playlists on Spotify. The FM station sometimes broadcasts local games though too which is nice.

I am sometimes In a remote area where there is no cell service, and Sirius seems to be on repeat for weeks on end. FM is the only other option or recorded playlists on Spotify. The FM station sometimes broadcasts local games though too which is nice.

I travel across country often with little if any lost reception. There’s always WiFi. I haven’t used reg FM for many years, too much yaba. You could explore a tv service that down loads to your phone. Last year I watched an Astros game through my phone in South Carolina. I had a plug that I use to plug it in to the TV. I do that with Netflix when the tv isn’t smart, when I travel.

1 hour ago, 19sierra53 said:

Lets see out of the 20 vehicles I drive around regularly or are a passenger in, half of them get it clearly and half do not. So like I said it SEEMS about 50% of vehicles are capable of getting it clearly, a 19 Sierra is not one of them. That's why I asked if anyone knows of a way to get better reception, aftermarket or otherwise.

I would first make sure all your antenna connections are tight (if you haven't already).

As for an fm signal booster, yes they do make them, I'm sure Amazon would have several, however I haven't used one in 30 years so I don't know how good it will work.  

A new antenna might make a difference depending on what type you get,  usually the taller it is the better the reception

15 hours ago, 19sierra53 said:

There is a good FM station near me, that only about 50% of vehicles seem to have a good enough antenna to get clearly. The 19 sierra is not one of them. Is there any way to boost the FM signal? An aftermarket antenna or something?

More to FM reception than just antenna. Check the specs on all these receivers involved, the lower the uv, the better reception.

Edited by It's Tim

1 hour ago, KARNUT said:

I travel across country often with little if any lost reception. There’s always WiFi. 

Maybe along the interstate. There's still lots of places with spotty or no 4G LTE service. They are all low population areas. But there are still plenty of places where you can't stream anything.

Maybe along the interstate. There's still lots of places with spotty or no 4G LTE service. They are all low population areas. But there are still plenty of places where you can't stream anything.

I haven’t encountered that in awhile. I guess it’s still possible, I don’t expect it’s wide spread. You would think maintaining the required game would be difficult over FM airwaves while traveling. I’ve listened to my local AM Houston station from Houston to the Carolinas to the hills of Tennessee and back uninterrupted.

HD radios in the Silvy and Traverse. I live in a mountainous area but a few stations come in really strong and the HD symbol, usually HD1, is lit by default.......hit the touchscreen to disable HD and the signal becomes weak and fades the further from the station and in teacup areas of the road. No HD radio in the Malibu and the same stations are always weak and fade.