KO2’s Continue to impress me

I’ve got 40 k miles on them.  When I got my truck inspected the other day they said 7/32 of tread left.

Today I got called into work during the worst part of today’s  winter storm. PennDOT was just starting to plow roads, but 70% of my journey was untouched.  I shut traction control off and made the whole 17 mile trek in 2wd without any issues.  I was doing the speed limit or better as long as no one was ahead of me.  I couldn’t ask for better traction.

• Like 2

On 1/18/2020 at 6:11 PM, rjpoog1989 said:

I’ve got 40 k miles on them.  When I got my truck inspected the other day they said 7/32 of tread left.

Today I got called into work during the worst part of today’s  winter storm. PennDOT was just starting to plow roads, but 70% of my journey was untouched.  I shut traction control off and made the whole 17 mile trek in 2wd without any issues.  I was doing the speed limit or better as long as no one was ahead of me.  I couldn’t ask for better traction.

Good review, I’m going for a set of KO2s next.  Currently have 34k miles on Duratracs with 6-7/32nds left.  While they’ve handled pretty good, I’m curious if the KO2s are better.

• Like 1

Love mine, 68a9de5b29b28801a082a5216542f9d4.plist

Got rid of my Nitto Ridge Grapplers at 16k miles because their siping started to disappear causing lots of dangerous slipping. They’ve got cosmetic siping that’s not all the way through the tire lugs.

Nitto Ridge Grapplers new

74cf9292854e77c1b8a9d8b6a18ba68c.png

At 16 K Miles, siping disappearing

4fa27397d20b89517d35808822eb25dd.jpg

Now look at the KO2’s, siping straight through giving excellent water exit.

78988dfef8faf7c621674839388cdb3b.jpg

Tires are always going to have better reviews up in the beginning, the key is at 20k miles and further. People complained about the KO’s wearing out to fast, though I never ever noticed my many sets wearing out to fast I always considered them more in the line of OffRoad performance tires, performance do tend to wear a bit faster as they tend to be stickier giving better traction. Tires today are so focused on looks and one thing for sure is the KO2’s are definitely worth their weight in Gold!

Ever notice how EVERYONE in the tire industry has changed their tires up in order to compete with the king, The BFG KO’s and KO2’s.

Sent from Above

• Like 1

i only run my k02's in the winter. this is my 4th winter running these tire and they still have lots of tread and grip just as good as the first day i put them on. i had duratrash on before and by the time they were worn 50 precent they were dangerous. the only thing about the k02's is they are stone throwers, they pick up everything and throw it. gravel roads are tough on  the truck. still would not have any other tire

• Like 2

I first thought this thread was about K2's continuing to impress! (I don't own K02's) Like Op, we just experienced a huge snow storm that kept most people indoors.  I put my truck in 4wd auto and used my truck like any other day.  The frustrating part was finding my destinations closed because of the snow!!   Great truck and great tires make for a winning combination!

• Like 2

I first thought this thread was about K2's continuing to impress! (I don't own K02's) Like Op, we just experienced a huge snow storm that kept most people indoors.  I put my truck in 4wd auto and used my truck like any other day.  The frustrating part was finding my destinations closed because of the snow!!   Great truck and great tires make for a winning combination!

They’ve continued to impress me for over 25 years and though I’ve fallen off the BFG wagon two years ago, I’ve soon realized the horrible mistake of jumping into a trend and rejoined the BFG group. I’m thinking if putting KO2’s on my wife’s new X5 XDrive lol

Sent from Above
  • Like 2

Haha.  Whenever the topic comes to tires we tend to see good discussion.  Tire purchase is a major expense for most of us so we like to read about others' experiences to prevent making a poor choice.  Twenty years ago I became frustrated with the tire buying process as my career wasn't affording me the opportunity to spend a lot of time shopping!  I shared my frustration with a much older and busier colleague during a break.  He said, "Costco Michelins".   I now have loads of time to shop and I still end up with "Costco Michelins"!

• Like 3

I used KOs on my trucks for as long as can remember. The highest load range and ply rating. My work would take me off road on utility and pipelines. Some in the thorny bushes. No flats, rode good and quiet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

just got a set installed on my truck last week.  I love the look of them and so far they feel great(obviously).  costco has a $110 off promo running on the BFGs right now if anyone is on the fence.   

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TXGREEK said:

Love mine, 68a9de5b29b28801a082a5216542f9d4.plist

Got rid of my Nitto Ridge Grapplers at 16k miles because their siping started to disappear causing lots of dangerous slipping. They’ve got cosmetic siping that’s not all the way through the tire lugs.

Nitto Ridge Grapplers new

74cf9292854e77c1b8a9d8b6a18ba68c.png

At 16 K Miles, siping disappearing

4fa27397d20b89517d35808822eb25dd.jpg

Now look at the KO2’s, siping straight through giving excellent water exit.

78988dfef8faf7c621674839388cdb3b.jpg

Tires are always going to have better reviews up in the beginning, the key is at 20k miles and further. People complained about the KO’s wearing out to fast, though I never ever noticed my many sets wearing out to fast I always considered them more in the line of OffRoad performance tires, performance do tend to wear a bit faster as they tend to be stickier giving better traction. Tires today are so focused on looks and one thing for sure is the KO2’s are definitely worth their weight in Gold!

Ever notice how EVERYONE in the tire industry has changed their tires up in order to compete with the king, The BFG KO’s and KO2’s.

Sent from Above

The Ridge Grapplers look good and aggressive. I’m sure they’re a better choice for off-road, but for me that’s only a third of what I need a tire for.  The other two parts are highway and snow traction.  The Ridges aren’t rated for severe weather so they miss out one a third of my uses.

• Like 1

Don’t think that would be at all a comfortable ride, your 22” come in P rated which is as comfortable as you can have on your 22”, E rated would completely destroy your ride quality with that short sidewall. Cooper makes a Zeon but not going there lol.

Sent from Above

The Ridge Grapplers look good and aggressive. I’m sure they’re a better choice for off-road, but for me that’s only a third of what I need a tire for.  The other two parts are highway and snow traction.  The Ridges aren’t rated for severe weather so they miss out one a third of my uses.

Those Ridge Grapplers were not even that good in offroading, no better than the KO2’s, maybe stiffer, stronger sidewalls but I don’t drive on my sidewalls and they’re extremely over rated!

Sent from Above

• Like 1