V807 Infotainment Update

4 hours ago, OnTheReel said:

RPO IOS and IOT are user OTA updatable. IOR is not.

IOR is the standard radio on RST. IOS comes in Convenience Package II and includes Bose and a bunch of other little things.

so weird that the RST got f'd over when it's a pretty expensive package and not to shy of the ltz with features.

30 minutes ago, Belo said:

so weird that the RST got f'd over when it's a pretty expensive package and not to shy of the ltz with features.

Yeah, you can actually load up an RST higher than a base LTZ. That said, the top end of the LTZ is much higher. And most of them on the lots have at least the plus package, if not the premium package.

Most RSTs I’ve seen in the wild are configured to the middle of their price range, where the value is probably the best.

Fully loaded RSTs approach the “holy crap” MSRP...where unless there’s good incentives, you’re better off going LTZ or even HC.

4 hours ago, JacobC1983 said:

anybody else having problems connecting to the GM marketplace or and apps store?  

I can connect to the Marketplace and the Apps store with V807. I had a problem with connecting to the Marketplace early this morning for some reason but it works now.

4 hours ago, bamorris2 said:

I have a 2019 Sierra SLT running v805. It keeps saying I have no update available. Hopefully it shows up soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It will show up soon.

I got the V807 update a few days ago I believe it was Wednesday or Thursday. I’ve driven the truck a few days now and today (Saturday) I was driving and all of a sudden my infotainment system and my small screen on my instrument panel for no reason restarted while driving. I was not touching the system at all just driving. It looked like it restarted similar to if I had turned the truck off and turned it back on. Everything worked fine during the shut off and it came back on fast but then said no gps and did not have the outside temp. I got to my destination and it was parked for about an hour and no issues on the way home. It was just very strange. I have no idea why it restarted. It’s been a few days since the V807 update and this was not my first trip since the update. If it keeps acting strange I will take it to the dealer. 

i didn't see the update and shut my truck off and the radio didn't shut down when I opened the door. I restarted the truck a couple of times with the same results.

I shut the radio down then turned the truck off. the next time I drove it I saw the update notice. Download did its job and everything seems fine. 

Just got the v807 update. I was on v803 before. 2019 RST with the Convenience II radio package. Build date 2/2019. 

Got it in the Costco parking lot when I parked the truck. 13 min download and install while I was shopping. ??

Only thing I’ve noticed is that I STILL cannot sync my iPhone contacts. So frustrating. Worked when I first got the truck for a few months, then just stopped. I’ve tried every possible trouble shoot. ???‍♂️ 

Read this thread just yesterday. Checked and it had not been updated to the 807. 

Went to work this morning and pulled into work and the notice came up on the screen. 

I did the update and we will see what happens when I leave from work later today,. 

EDIT: drove home from work.  Didn’t notice anything different. 

Edited by HONDABBQ

On 1/24/2020 at 4:26 PM, OnTheReel said:

Yeah, you can actually load up an RST higher than a base LTZ. That said, the top end of the LTZ is much higher. And most of them on the lots have at least the plus package, if not the premium package.

Most RSTs I’ve seen in the wild are configured to the middle of their price range, where the value is probably the best.

Fully loaded RSTs approach the “holy crap” MSRP...where unless there’s good incentives, you’re better off going LTZ or even HC.

I have one of those holy craps. No Z71 package because the $3K 22" wheels eliminate the Z71smaller knobby wheels. Still a lot of crap to get a double cab RST to $56.5K on the sticker.....more than many LTZs on the lot. And has the Convenience II which gives the console/SD card updatable IOS radio. Running v. 509 and says no update available so checked with the dealer and it is current for my Nav system. Everything works fine, never had an SD card error, boots almost immediately through the profiles and no Climate errors.....so update number is irrelevant - nothing to fix!.

On 1/24/2020 at 4:26 PM, OnTheReel said:

yep that's where mine is and it fit me perfect. Nice trim, nice wheels and all the bells and whistles I really need (carplay, heated stuff, remote keyless etc) and nothing extra except the safety package which was on the truck I wanted. I dont think the safety package is worth what they charge, but I don't hate it either. 

23 minutes ago, Thomcat said:

I have one of those holy craps. No Z71 package because the $3K 22" wheels eliminate the Z71smaller knobby wheels. Still a lot of crap to get a double cab RST to $56.5K on the sticker.....more than many LTZs on the lot. And has the Convenience II which gives the console/SD card updatable IOS radio. Running v. 509 and says no update available so checked with the dealer and it is current for my Nav system. Everything works fine, never had an SD card error, boots almost immediately through the profiles and no Climate errors.....so update number is irrelevant - nothing to fix!.

i'm the opposite kind of, RST with z71 and I think I was in around $54k with options... I needed that dual exhaust haha.

• Like 1