V807 Infotainment Update

I received the update last night as well. Haven’t noticed anything different yet but will report back if I do. Where would one find the bulletin for what was included with the update? Would be nice to know. 

Thanks. 

17 minutes ago, Rod S said:

I received the update last night as well. Haven’t noticed anything different yet but will report back if I do. Where would one find the bulletin for what was included with the update? Would be nice to know. 

Thanks. 

Improves bluetooth connectivity, climate control  display, and sd card errors as per the entry a few threads back.

is anyone with a 2020 getting this?  I just checked and my version number isn't an 80x anything, its like 611 or something.  do 2020s have a different infotainment system with different version numbers?  mine says no update available and current software is from May 2019.

thx

2020AT4 premium pkg.

I installed this a few weeks ago. MY personal opinion is its not very good.  805.1 was a fairly stable build for me.  I have had CarPlay issues with 807.   Especially with the factory nav loading with CarPlay running.   I will be looking to see if others have the issues I mentioned. One  plus is my traffic info seems to load every time now.  Used to it would be a miracle if it downloaded the traffic info and connected for online searches. 

2020 Trucks have a different and newer HMI.  They have different software and versions.  They are in the 145 area I think.  They have album art and also Sirius XM 360L package capability.  I bet they beefed up the internals on the 2020 units. 

When I got home today and pulled into my driveway and my truck connected to my home WiFi it told me I needed an update.

It obviously just came this afternoon because this morning it did not say anything.

All good and done, no issues.

IMG_9715.jpg

IMG_9716.jpg

IMG_9717.jpg

4 hours ago, MG386 said:

is anyone with a 2020 getting this?  I just checked and my version number isn't an 80x anything, its like 611 or something.  do 2020s have a different infotainment system with different version numbers?  mine says no update available and current software is from May 2019.

thx

2020AT4 premium pkg.

Different software versions 2019 V807 while the 2020 V148. Hardware is slightly different.

Different software versions 2019 V807 while the 2020 V148. Hardware is slightly different.
Ok thanks, just wondering if 2020 vehicles are getting an update now too, or if it's just 2019. Reason I ask is, my BT is finicky when using Android auto, and the user profile load takes a long time every time I start the truck.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

I’m really surprised they are still releasing updates for the 2019s here in 2020! I assumed we’d be done at 805, especially since it runs so good.

I know the 2020 T1s have moved on from

this particular system. But I wonder if other 2020 models in the GM product line are still running our software / hardware versions, and that’s why they keep developing for it.

1 minute ago, MG386 said:

Ok thanks, just wondering if 2020 vehicles are getting an update now too, or if it's just 2019. Reason I ask is, my BT is finicky when using Android auto, and the user profile load takes a long time every time I start the truck.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

The 2020 Software V148 was being sent out a few weeks ago and if your truck is equipped with the correct radio unit, you should see it unless you have it already.

everytime i see this i'm reminded and annoyed that my expensive ass z71 RST doesn't have the update feature... With all the tech these days, the ability to not update your tech is ridiculous. I constantly have buggy connection and audio issues with carplay that I have no doubt would be solved with some patches. 
My Z71 RST does.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

23 hours ago, Rocz3cqg said:

You might want to remind the dealership to check on updates for your radio when you are in for service.

yeah thats my plan. I'm nearing my first "free" oil change and have the 2 recalls and figure I'll ask while I'm there.

11 hours ago, leverett.scott said:

My Z71 RST does.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

There's a long thread somewhere on this that describes it, but iirc it has something to do with build date and plant. I guess I was unlucky. I dont think it applies to the sound package upgrade, just those of us with the base model stereo.