V807 Infotainment Update

11 hours ago, michael betz said:

This is my first new vehicle in a decade,  forgive the stupid question but how do we do the update,  do you have to go to the dealership?

You can get the update at the dealership, but I'd wait until it rolls out to your vehicle which can take weeks since there are few hundred thousand units. There is a Settings Icon which will lead you to an Update Icon that will initiate a download if the vehicle is permitted. It will also check at startup periodically if the Update option is checked in your settings. GM has 3 infotainment units also IOR, IOS and IOT which the IOS and IOT units will receive the update.

Edited by Rocz3cqg
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Rocz3cqg said:

You can get the update at the dealership, but I'd wait until it rolls out to your vehicle which can take weeks since there are few hundred thousand units. There is a Settings Icon which will lead you to an Update Icon that will initiate a download if the vehicle is permitted. It will also check at startup periodically if the Update option is checked in your settings. GM has 3 infotainment units also IOR, IOS and IOT which the IOS and IOT units will receive the update. If you have a 8 inch screen, then you have a IOS or IOT.

Thank you!!!!!

There is an 8” version of the IOR infotainment. It’s standard on LT/RST and SLE/Elevation, and is not eligible for OTA updates.

Rather than going by screen size, just check if you have an SD slot above your USB outlets. Console-equipped trucks have the SD slot in the console, bench seat trucks have the SD slot on the dash‘s USB ports. If you have the SD slot, you can download updates. No SD slot means base infotainment and no OTA updates.

But as said above, it’s a staggered rollout so just keep checking or wait for the truck to tell you it’s ready.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, OnTheReel said:

There is an 8” version of the IOR infotainment. It’s standard on LT/RST and SLE/Elevation, and is not eligible for OTA updates.

Rather than going by screen size, just check if you have an SD slot above your USB outlets. Console-equipped trucks have the SD slot in the console, bench seat trucks have the SD slot on the dash‘s USB ports. If you have the SD slot, you can download updates. No SD slot means base infotainment and no OTA updates.

But as said above, it’s a staggered rollout so just keep checking or wait for the truck to tell you it’s ready.

Thanks for clarifying.

Mine updated last evening.  So far I've noticed a quicker load time for user profile and the Spotify app.  Much faster.  I didn't notice any new apps added and I had to re-set up Market Place by accepting terms, etc.  Other than that, it seems like this maybe an "under the hood" update.

• Like 1

everytime i see this i'm reminded and annoyed that my expensive ass z71 RST doesn't have the update feature... With all the tech these days, the ability to not update your tech is ridiculous. I constantly have buggy connection and audio issues with carplay that I have no doubt would be solved with some patches. 

My truck updated yesterday, was prompted to install when parking the truck. Definitely quicker and connects faster than previously (although the only issue I had before was bluetooth lag on startup). 

Edited by Darth Potatoes

35 minutes ago, Belo said:

everytime i see this i'm reminded and annoyed that my expensive ass z71 RST doesn't have the update feature... With all the tech these days, the ability to not update your tech is ridiculous. I constantly have buggy connection and audio issues with carplay that I have no doubt would be solved with some patches. 

You might want to remind the dealership to check on updates for your radio when you are in for service.

The update hasn’t hit my truck yet, but I’m glad to see that one of the issues it addresses is the SD card error. I’ve gotten that a few times, where it says the card was removed and nav doesn’t work. Other threads say dealers were replacing either the card itself or the card reader. Maybe it was a software issue after all..??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1