15k Service turns into an adventure

12 minutes ago, diyer2 said:

Do you know it the replacement engine was a long block or a short block.

:)

On my 16, they "recycled" quite a few parts, so probably closer to a short block rather than being close to a turn key ready like a long block.

Just now, harry65 said:

Long Block

Wow it doesn't worry you at all that guys who couldn't do an oil change are now ripping your motor out and replacing it, even with plug and play we are talking about a place that couldn't perform an oil change.Good luck to you but i think you are letting them take advantage of you here, just my opinion but if your ok with it....

3 minutes ago, harry65 said:

Long Block

No parts reused from the old engine?

I would get clarification on that, just for peace of mind.

When they swapped my 16's 6.2 the reused quite a few parts per GM. Nothing internal of course.

I agree but......

What choice does he have BIGDOGx.

Taking it to another dealer for the fix would not be easy. Still a crap shoot.

All he can hope for is the tech installing the engine knows what he's doing and does a good job.

Same with all work at any dealeror shop.

Just now, JimCost2014 said:

When they swapped my 16's 6.2 the reused quite a few parts per GM. Nothing internal of course.

I would think a long block in this instance would just be a new block with internals and the heads. I would think all other parts would be swapped unless this is a direct swap crate motor which i doubt.

9 minutes ago, BIGDOGx said:

Wow it doesn't worry you at all that guys who couldn't do an oil change are now ripping your motor out and replacing it, even with plug and play we are talking about a place that couldn't perform an oil change.Good luck to you but i think you are letting them take advantage of you here, just my opinion but if your ok with it....

Yup, If 1qty Master Tech did not do Every piece of labor and time from the minute after fixing this fiasco I would tell em to straight shove it  up their ARSE!

Edited by mookdoc6

Just now, diyer2 said:

I agree but......

What choice does he have BIGDOGx.

Taking it to another dealer for the fix would not be easy. Still a crap shoot.

All he can hope for is the tech installing the engine knows what he's doing and does a good job.

Same with all work at any dealeror shop.

I can understand this if it was just a defect like the lifter issue but when dealer negligence creates this problem i don't feel the customer should be forced to settle for what they deem acceptable, especially after not being upfront about it and actual lying about it. Lawyering up might be the best case or atleast ask one what they think before you take the keys back to which then your stuck. Every little new trattle you hear or noise is going to drive the customer insane and that's not right imo for someone cutting large checks monthly for the use of this vehicle.

6 minutes ago, BIGDOGx said:

Right there with you, this was the result after playing "Frogger" with my truck trying to push it to the shoulder in rush hour traffic by myself.

Brand new engine from GM, CEL came on driving home the day I picked it up and this was the end result after numerous attempts to fix, and replacing internal parts that had already "failed" in less than a 1000 miles.

16.jpg

14 minutes ago, BIGDOGx said:

I would think a long block in this instance would just be a new block with internals and the heads. I would think all other parts would be swapped unless this is a direct swap crate motor which i doubt.

Doubt very much it will be a crate engine, if it is actually turned in to GM, they will try to save money.

If the dealer is trying to save face, and eating the cost on their dime, it might actually be a crate, turn key engine.

Looking back at the problems I had with the 6.2 in my 16, I wonder if they did start it without adding oil, they had to replace the oil pump, cam gear, and other parts that all seem to be related thinking about it now.

29 minutes ago, JimCost2014 said:

Yes no parts from the old engine.  I've been getting notifications of the parts as they come in and validated as well.

26 minutes ago, BIGDOGx said:

New injectors etc.

34 minutes ago, BIGDOGx said:

Of course it does, but curious in what way are they taking advantage?  They screwed up and replaced the engine, not much else I can do here that I see.  Demanding a new truck wouldn't guarantee a better truck based on the forums.  New trucks have issues as well and while this is a new engine, I havent' had any of the electrical, brake or other issues that some have had to experience.  Engine is covered under the warranty, not really seeing any other course of action at this time.  Now in the future, yes, dont' take the truck back to them but that is lesson learned

8 minutes ago, harry65 said:

Yes no parts from the old engine.  I've been getting notifications of the parts as they come in and validated as well.

That is good news.

I would think at this point they will use their best tech, tricky part with the swap can be the "relearn", that has to happen so the truck knows it has a new engine, and mates itself to it.

Good luck, and good move alerting GM, so they have records in case anything would occur in the future.

25 minutes ago, JimCost2014 said:

That is good news.

I would think at this point they will use their best tech, tricky part with the swap can be the "relearn", that has to happen so the truck knows it has a new engine, and mates itself to it.

Good luck, and good move alerting GM, so they have records in case anything would occur in the future.

Thank you sir!  Once I receive the invoice, will follow up with you guys.  BTW, just got notice of another part arriving so will be next week before I get the truck back.