Rear Under Seat Storage

Unless the dealer orders the larger plastic one (accessory), then they all have that small carpeted one. I used my GM points and ordered the larger plastic lockable one. I just put it into my new GMC yesterday (the only advantage of swapping out the 2020 Silverado for the 2020 Sierra is that they are the 'same'.  You just pull out that small carpeted storage area. 

IMG_4335.jpeg

IMG_4337.jpeg

IMG_4336.jpeg

Edited by Wbrisett

9 hours ago, Ryno12 said:

Mine came with the small carpeted one also. I immediately pulled it out.

My LT came with it installed, not sure if the dealer ordered it or not as I just bought the truck off the lot, but I took it out because it wouldn't hold all of the stuff I had under the seat from my previous truck. I added the full coverage floor mats and unfortunately there was some miscommunication and they cut that full coverage mat to get the storage bin back under the rear seat....

My LT came with it installed, not sure if the dealer ordered it or not as I just bought the truck off the lot, but I took it out because it wouldn't hold all of the stuff I had under the seat from my previous truck. I added the full coverage floor mats and unfortunately there was some miscommunication and they cut that full coverage mat to get the storage bin back under the rear seat....

Oh no! That would tick me off. So you’re basically back to square one?! Can you get them to replace the rear floor mat?

I keep so much stuff under the rear seat that neither storage option is viable for me. That & I have kids booster seats in the back so I don’t always want to have to lift the rear seats to access my stuff. I’d much rather just slide it straight out from underneath.

From what I see in the specs and order guides, the smaller carpeted unit is included with Double and Crew cabs on all Sierras, and Silverados from LT up.  The Silverado WT and Custom do not have it.  The lockable bin is an LPO/dealer-accessory option.

4 hours ago, Wbrisett said:

Unless the dealer orders the larger plastic one (accessory), then they all have that small carpeted one. I used my GM points and ordered the larger plastic lockable one. I just put it into my new GMC yesterday (the only advantage of swapping out the 2020 Silverado for the 2020 Sierra is that they are the 'same'.  You just pull out that small carpeted storage area. 

IMG_4335.jpeg

IMG_4337.jpeg

IMG_4336.jpeg

I was on the fence about ordering this box so did not include it with my factory build as I can always get one from the dealer.  Can you tell me, is the lid removable?  Also, it looks like it is designed to hold a couple of rifles, do you know if it 2 scoped rifles will fit in that space?

56 minutes ago, Sniperdan said:

I was on the fence about ordering this box so did not include it with my factory build as I can always get one from the dealer.  Can you tell me, is the lid removable?  Also, it looks like it is designed to hold a couple of rifles, do you know if it 2 scoped rifles will fit in that space?

I suspect that GM didn't want to 'offend' folks so they use fishing poles in the photos. I don't have two rifles to test with myself, so I can't tell you for certain, but it might work. The lids are removable, in fact, you have to remove them to install the bin. Basically if any of you folks signed up for the GM rewards points, after buying a truck you should have nearly enough for the storage units for 'free'. 

3 hours ago, Ryno12 said:

Oh no! That would tick me off. So you’re basically back to square one?! Can you get them to replace the rear floor mat?

I keep so much stuff under the rear seat that neither storage option is viable for me. That & I have kids booster seats in the back so I don’t always want to have to lift the rear seats to access my stuff. I’d much rather just slide it straight out from underneath.

Oh I was ticked off and texted the pictures to the dealer. He thought I was leaving the box in and said that GM actually calls for more of the liner to be cut when installed with the box. I had told him I was taking the box out as he was there when I moved everything from the old truck into the new truck and everything wouldn't fit under the rear seat with the small box. He said he was going to get me a new floor liner but never did. I didn't push the issue as I have that area covered with the jumper cables bag and had planned to make a plastic filler panel at work. Oh well, can't see it and doubt anything will get on that carpet.

I used to have car seats and boosters in the back seat so I'm also used to just sliding out the stuff I need.

IMG_20190919s1.jpg

IMG_20190919s2.jpg

• Like 1