MAJOR Transmission Fluid Leak from front end

2020 1500 RST 5.3L 1700 miles

So after a few errands this morning, I hit the highway.  Merged on the the Atlantic City Expressway and checked the mirror.  Lots of smoke.  Other driver pulled up and said I was dumping fluid.  Pulled off to the shoulder and the fluid was POURING out of the front.  Looked like somewhere up by the radiator.  I wasn't looking forward to crawling around the truck on a 75+MPH highway.  Towed it back and waiting to hear from the dealer.  So much junk up there that I couldn't tell where is was coming from and didn't know how much I lost to start it up and find out.  I'll report back in a few days when I hear what happened.  Just wanted to get a little warning out there

11 minutes ago, OnTheReel said:

Trans cooler line maybe? Certainly not unheard of but very unfortunate on a new truck.

Almost certainly that.  Just don't know if it was a loose fitting, split hose, no clamp, etc.  PIssed that it is all over the engine bay and underside of the truck.  Anyone want to put some action down on whether it gets properly cleaned?  Not to mention they said that warranty people don't always cover 100% of the tow bill.  That's gonna be a fun argument if it happens. 

Almost certainly that.  Just don't know if it was a loose fitting, split hose, no clamp, etc.  PIssed that it is all over the engine bay and underside of the truck.  Anyone want to put some action down on whether it gets properly cleaned?  Not to mention they said that warranty people don't always cover 100% of the tow bill.  That's gonna be a fun argument if it happens. 
Add towing to your auto insurance.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

Probably one of those new snap fit connectors. Great development for fast robot assisted assembly; not so great for owners if one of those nylon connectors or neoprene "O" rings give out. Even use them on gas lines and the high pressure A/C lines.

2 hours ago, Thomcat said:

Probably one of those new snap fit connectors. Great development for fast robot assisted assembly; not so great for owners if one of those nylon connectors or neoprene "O" rings give out. Even use them on gas lines and the high pressure A/C lines.

It seems to be a growing trend these days, never had issues like we see now with remote lines either trans or engine coming undone like this. Leak yes, but completely blow out and dump everything out , not that i can remember.

GM covers the tow under warranty as long as you called them to get it towed idk about calling the dealership or another tow service though, I wouldn’t pay a dime on towing. Sorry to hear about that hopefully gets fixed properly.

Edited by greco2003

• 4 years later...