GMC Sierra Leather Seats

Hey everyone. 

I want to add leather seats to my GMC Sierra and I'm thinking about going with Katzkin. I know they install leather on the 2017 Sierra because they say so on their website: https://katzkin.com/what-do-you-drive/gmc-sierra-leather-seats/

Has anyone gotten Katzkin, or leather from another company, installed in their truck? If so, what was your experience like? Would you recommend them or not?

Also, I'm thinking of getting this pattern to go with my red truck. Thoughts? If anyone has pictures of their Katzkin seats I'd love to see them. 

Screen Shot 2020-02-20 at 9.46.12 PM.png

I will try and find pics when I did my 15 Silverado. I went with Katzkin it’s what the dealers use so it’s pretty good and reasonable priced. When I installed them everything fit like it should I didn’t have one issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, blazebullock said:

Hey everyone. 

I want to add leather seats to my GMC Sierra and I'm thinking about going with Katzkin. I know they install leather on the 2017 Sierra because they say so on their website: https://katzkin.com/what-do-you-drive/gmc-sierra-leather-seats/

Has anyone gotten Katzkin, or leather from another company, installed in their truck? If so, what was your experience like? Would you recommend them or not?

Also, I'm thinking of getting this pattern to go with my red truck. Thoughts? If anyone has pictures of their Katzkin seats I'd love to see them. 

I have had the Katzkin in my 2016 for about 2 years, looks great and has held up well.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, blazebullock said:

Hey everyone. 

That is horrendous looking

do not buy horrible 2 tone seat unless your truck is a time machine, you have a flux capacitor, and your going back to 1993

Edited by truckguy82

So, from what most of you are saying, you like Katzkin. I've read a lot of their reviews and they're pretty dang positive for the most part. 

On a different note, what do you think of tekstitch? I'd like to get it in black with white stitching. 

Thoughts? 

I was thinking of the red two tone from up higher but it seems to have gotten a negative reaction haha

Screen Shot 2020-02-21 at 5.31.46 PM.png

So, from what most of you are saying, you like Katzkin. I've read a lot of their reviews and they're pretty dang positive for the most part. 

On a different note, what do you think of tekstitch? I'd like to get it in black with white stitching. 

Thoughts? 

I was thinking of the red two tone from up higher but it seems to have gotten a negative reaction haha

137741795_ScreenShot2020-02-21at5_31_46PM.thumb.png.0f6db0d3823648441140d2739cbdbe33.png
Look up Backyard Custom Interiors on IG. That guy does a ton custom Interior work, that'll give you a better idea versus some stock photo on a website.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Absolutely I love mine I upgraded to full leather and no vinyl. The eBay kits for around 500 are only leather surfaces on front seats and the rear is just the insert. There is an upgrade for the back seats to have leather on all seat surfaces and side edges are vinyl. The full upgrade that I got is all leather everywhere. 7670e41b82bf6f5151789faf49954811.jpgd953debc88349de21daad31466bab5fc.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

My brother in law bought a 2018 LT that has the katzkin leather and it was a nice soft leather which made me jealous when comparing it to my factory. A few thousand miles later, I changed my thoughts on it because it was showing signs of wear and very minor flaking. That could be from how people get in and out. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/23/2020 at 5:21 PM, Payton34 said:

Absolutely I love mine I upgraded to full leather and no vinyl. The eBay kits for around 500 are only leather surfaces on front seats and the rear is just the insert. There is an upgrade for the back seats to have leather on all seat surfaces and side edges are vinyl. The full upgrade that I got is all leather everywhere. 7670e41b82bf6f5151789faf49954811.jpgd953debc88349de21daad31466bab5fc.jpg

Those look awesome! Did you install them yourself or go through the Katzkin website?

Those look awesome! Did you install them yourself or go through the Katzkin website?

No I had the katzkin dealer install. I think it was only 3 or 400 for the labor