AT4 Bed Decals Installed - Your Thoughts

I wanted something to break up the large expanse of black of the rear fenders/bed.  I had some custom decals made and installed yesterday.  I wanted something to add a bit of low key, not over the top "color".  What do you folks think?  Tacky of OK?  I typically debadge my vehicles such as removing the "Sierra" logo from the tailgate but thought the large, a;ll black fenders could use some help/flair.  FWIW, they're 16" long.

P.S.  I have thick skin...

AT4 Bed Decal4.jpg

AT4 Bed Decal1.jpg

AT4 Bed Decal2.jpg

• Like 3

Too much/repetitive with the door ones on too (says it twice on one side, looks like you are just trying to yell you have an AT4 to everyone). Personally I would replace those door ones with "Sierra". I have always been a fan of the name on the door and bed having decal for the trim/drive. My current truck has Silverado on the door and a smaller Z71 on the bed. Not bad though, just a little big for my tastes. I agree it does break up the bed, that is why I am not a fan of debadging, just looks plain. 

Tyler

I like them, they are well done. But I would probably lose the door badges. As Tyler said, they are redundant and you’d never see double of the same badging on the same side from the factory. 

Also, did you have the solid rear window swapped on, or did it come like that? 

4 minutes ago, OnTheReel said:

I like them, they are well done. But I would probably lose the door badges. As Tyler said, they are redundant and you’d never see double of the same badging on the same side from the factory. 

Also, did you have the solid rear window swapped on, or did it come like that? 

I ordered the truck in order to get it exactly as I wanted.  I wanted the solid rear window and ordered as such.  FWIW, I've NEVER bought a vehicle off a "lot" from dealer stock as some dealer ordered.  If I'm going to spend the kind of money I spend on vehicles I'm going to order my way, not with high dollar options I don't want that a dealer chooses.  

30 minutes ago, rikhek said:

I ordered the truck in order to get it exactly as I wanted.  I wanted the solid rear window and ordered as such.  FWIW, I've NEVER bought a vehicle off a "lot" from dealer stock as some dealer ordered.  If I'm going to spend the kind of money I spend on vehicles I'm going to order my way, not with high dollar options I don't want that a dealer chooses.  

Smart thinking...you won’t have a leak! 

They don’t look bad and I’ve seen much worse. Anybody who knows will recognize that the truck has a little extra touches and it’ll get you a little more attention. I like them. 

I also noticed you removed the chrome Sierra badging on the tailgate... I did the same thing the first day I had the truck with some fishing string in a little bit of fingernail polish remover. 

Edited by EXSlider400

24 minutes ago, EXSlider400 said:

They don’t look bad and I’ve seen much worse. Anybody who knows will recognize that the truck has a little extra touches and it’ll get you a little more attention. I like them. 

I also noticed you removed the chrome Sierra badging on the tailgate... I did the same thing the first day I had the truck with some fishing string in a little bit of fingernail polish remover. 

Yeah, I removed the Sierra tailgate lettering within a couple hours of taking delivery.  I also had to remove the dealers sticker advertising where it was bought even thought I instructed them in very certain terms not to install their marketing garbage unless they wanted to pay me to put them on.  Same with the C7 Z06 Corvette in my Avatar.  I removed the rear deck/bumper "Corvette" lettering within hours of taking delivery.

6 hours ago, OnTheReel said:

I like them! And this ^^

.02  Looks great....much better than without.....silver breaks up the black expanse and the red lettering accents the sides of the taillights.

And keep the door badging for the same reason on the door panel. Might even consider a contrasting red pinstripe to break up the tops of the panels. 3M makes a high quality wider stripe for trucks.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00OI6X4EQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Helped to break up all that red on my panels

DSCN0762.JPG.2b55b34f1478f9a67169f33e0e5555d3.JPG

A red against black panel gets attention like on my  all black Malibu

DSCN0303.JPG.55c63e68566f4d2be117898a7fd8fd5d.JPG

I always remove badges and stickers but I think these came out great. Look to be professionally done and match the truck well. I also second taking the door badge off. 

When I get back from the beach next week I will be removing the Sierra and AT4 from the tailgate, ordering the black AT4 badges for the doors, and blacking out my front and rear Sierra.