Back seats not comfortable at all

I have the larger cab with cloth seats. And I do like how they added storage behind the back area but my god the seats are hard and not fit for any kind of comfort especially for a longer trip. Are the leather seats the same in the back?  I would assume they have a little more cushion being that they have to be in the higher levels.   The other night I had a few drinks and got to sit in the extra roomy back seat but man was I disappointed.  

I dont think they pleased anyone. My father in law said the back seats suck compared to the front the day I got it. I didnt think anything of it until I had the chance to try.  Just comes down to needing more cushion over the hard base of the seat. 

The front seats are pretty damn stiff too. My driver’s side has broken in nicely, but when I sit in the passenger seat I am surprised at how firm it is in comparison, having not been sat in nearly as much. 

I rarely have adults back there, but it does seem a little foolish of GM to add heated back seats, more head and legroom, a flatter floor...but then design such underwhelming back seats!

• Like 1

GM seats are stiff....I noticed it first day but thought they get softer and they really haven't....imo they could have went bit softer at least, I think last gens are softer from what ive heard

Ever been in the back seat of a Ford....theback seats are not designed for comfort..everyone want them to fold as slim as possible for more storage ect...cant have both

My 2011 thru 2018 Fords I had all had crap back seats, and ai also find my Front Denali seats much more comfy than my ford fronf buckets

But again this is the first GM ive had since 2006

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, FLTRXS said:

Ever been in the back seat of a Ford....theback seats are not designed for comfort..everyone want them to fold as slim as possible for more storage ect...cant have both

My 2011 thru 2018 Fords I had all had crap back seats, and ai also find my Front Denali seats much more comfy than my ford fronf buckets

But again this is the first GM ive had since 2006

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Last time I was in the back of any type of Ford, it was a Police car, and yes it was very uncomfortable....

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, JimCost2014 said:

Last time I was in the back of any type of Ford, it was a Police car, and yes it was very uncomfortable....

Been there done that, they are pretty cramped?

• Haha 4

On 3/13/2020 at 9:22 PM, bdsilverado said:

I have the larger cab with cloth seats. And I do like how they added storage behind the back area but my god the seats are hard and not fit for any kind of comfort especially for a longer trip. Are the leather seats the same in the back?  I would assume they have a little more cushion being that they have to be in the higher levels.   The other night I had a few drinks and got to sit in the extra roomy back seat but man was I disappointed.  

I have the smaller quad-cab on my 2019.  In my 2016 I had the larger crew cab.  In both cases,  it's been my impression that these seats are designed for the comfort of young kids only which is disappointing.  In either case, the one thing that I wonder,  IF/WHEN GM will ever come out with the reclining back seats? Even if they just slide forward and recline a little, perhaps 2-3 inches back, I believe that would be a really good feature for us to have available.  Long overdue.

• Like 2

Well I took my parents to the airport today and I said sorry those back seats are hard and they both said these are nice and comfortable I like them. 

Lol

Edited by bdsilverado
  • Haha 1

Hmmm, my double cab truck was definitely not a comfortable experience in the back seat. Ok for a quick ride across town, not cool for a long trip. My 2020 crew cab is dramatically better. I’ve done a few 5-6 hr road trips with fully grown adults in the back and they all said it was really comfortable and they felt they had massive amount of leg room etc. I have the heated seats in the back and that was a hit too. Tons of room for backpacks on the floor, USB ports to keep their devices charged and the hotspot lets everyone be online too.
My son is 6’3 and loves that I finally have a vehicle he can fit into without folding himself in half ! No seating complaints here so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk