New Truck, new mods

Last Sunday I got my first GMC pickup, 2020 Sierra 1500 Elevation X31, my first non import, and only my second pickup, since my lowered Mazda B2200 25+ years ago. Got this as a city truck, hauling liquor orders and beer for my Pub, and for hauling my custom bikes on the weekend......this has been a dream car since I first saw slammed full sized Chevy P/U's when on a vacation to LA as a teenager; finally got a chance to do one of my own, though keeping the drop rather mild, since I'm not prepared to C Notch the frame on my brand new truck.

Today we did a mild drop 2" front and back (the 4" rear kits are a month or 2 away, and we'll come down a bit more when they do, end with 2-3 in the front, and 4 in the rear), and added 24x10" Niche wheels, with Nitto 420V 305/35/24 rubber.

I've done a the factory Tonneau and stubby antenna as my only other mods so far.

Excited to be part of the GMC family......we've been a Mazda/Honda family since my first Mazda GLC, (2 Honda's and about 8 Mazda's) but traded in my wife's Mazda for a Chevy Volt 2 years ago, and now Honda Accord for a GMC P/U, and we're now all American.....gotta say, I don't know if I'd go back every again. Wife keeps asking if I miss my Accord, but I can't say that I do ?

Sierra Before and after.png

• Like 3

Here's my latest custom bike (The Mandalorian), and part of the motivating factor in getting this new truck.....love this bike, but it's not going to hang on a bike rack; if I want to show it, or ride it anywhere apart from home, I needed a truck to haul it in.

20190904_132715.jpg

20190904_132724.jpg

Edited by Daniel Cook
  • Like 1

Dude, looks sweet and that bike is a head turner too. Can't wait to see what the 4in drop looks like. I thought I was the only one that'd rather lower than lift in this generation. Planning on going for the retrax with the t-slot on mine so I can put a bike rack above a full bed.

Looking forward to seeing more pics of yours as you continue to mod. [emoji1690]

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Thank you ?

I'll definitely update once we get the full kit in.

This bike is running close to 90 lbs, so parking it on the tonneau isn't such a great idea, both in weight, and just in getting it up there...especially when you figure I'd prob have at least a cpl like this getting hauled around.....but def that option would have been nice.

What was the reason going with the 4wd off road package if you were going to lower it and use it as a street truck? That would add more complications one would think with all the 4wd hardware and electronic tech that comes with it...

BTW, I am a sucker for a nice darker blue, my favorite color on any vehicle. 

Tyler

Edited by amxguy1970

I love the bike except for the potential of severe testicular separation.  The design is stellar and cleverly executed with the exception of the flat metal directly fore of the saddle (imo)

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, amxguy1970 said:

What was the reason going with the 4wd off road package if you were going to lower it and use it as a street truck? That would add more complications one would think with all the 4wd hardware and electronic tech that comes with it...

Tyler

He's probably like me, i need a 4wd for the snow but will never take it off-roading. So a nice lowered 4wd truck is desirable. 

I plan on doing a 1-2" drop once i hit 30,000 miles.

3 hours ago, amxguy1970 said:

Tyler

The off-road package wasn't intentional, didn't even realize it had it until we walked out to put the plates on it ?

However, 4wd was wanted, the drop doesn't compromise that, and the added traction in the wet or winter would be nice. Granted to X31 package isn't needed, but I think when it goes back to stock afterwards,  it'll likely sell better as that than the regular package.

2 hours ago, Donstar said:

I love the bike except for the potential of severe testicular separation.  The design is stellar and cleverly executed with the exception of the flat metal directly fore of the saddle (imo)

lol.....looks more dangerous that it is......though I likely wouldn't recommend slamming into a wall with it ?

this is completely custom, made to measure, so there's no risk of scrotal damage; fits like a glove.

• Haha 1

On 3/17/2020 at 8:10 AM, amxguy1970 said:

Tyler

I was thinkin same thing, but his answer makes sense

Edited by Dunn

6 hours ago, Velocity12 said:

Truck looks great man. What did you drop the front with? 

spindles in the font, and shackles in the rear....looks like there'll be an option for a new hanger for the rear shortly, get that in when it comes out.