Custom Dash Cam Install.

Hey guys,

With all this free time we’ve got now, finally around to sharing my BlackVue 2 channel dash cam install.

Worked with thedashcamstore.com, and they’re phenomenal. Free shipping, great customer service.

Dash Cam:

BlackVue DR750s-2CH

https://www.thedashcamstore.com/blackvue-dr750s-2ch-dual-lens-dual-1080p-gps-wifi-dashcam-for-front-and-rear/

I used the BlackVue Power EZ cable that uses the OBD-II port. This allows parking mode.

Mount:

Blendmount for BlackVue.

https://www.thedashcamstore.com/blendmount-blackvue-dashcam-mirror-stem-mount-standard-series/

The install was easy. Concealed the wires via behind headliner and panels. Power and coaxial cable for the rear camera conceal perfectly in center windshield crash detection system module. Took me 2 hours total.

The camera system is exceptional with 1080P HD video and audio. Perfect day and night video.

On to the pictures!

Windshield has Llumar Air Blue 80 ceramic clear film. (Amazing BTW!)

9a1aa7bf23ff179cf7d192c53ba6b351.jpg

7bbc4b7cd1a95e04090b8ceccb3ec6be.jpg

b71dfce105ad530f7fa83b054d6d8a14.jpg

73276654f8f7dc85ada6ed9809283bd8.jpg

9fbb24517d855e754ccb68ad006f505d.jpg

18491ce1babbc2f4891dcda4374b01ca.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

On 3/17/2020 at 10:51 PM, Flyinwells said:

Hey guys,

With all this free time we’ve got now, finally around to sharing my BlackVue 2 channel dash cam install.

Worked with thedashcamstore.com, and they’re phenomenal. Free shipping, great customer service.

Dash Cam:

BlackVue DR750s-2CH

https://www.thedashcamstore.com/blackvue-dr750s-2ch-dual-lens-dual-1080p-gps-wifi-dashcam-for-front-and-rear/

I used the BlackVue Power EZ cable that uses the OBD-II port. This allows parking mode.

Mount:

Blendmount for BlackVue.

https://www.thedashcamstore.com/blendmount-blackvue-dashcam-mirror-stem-mount-standard-series/

The install was easy. Concealed the wires via behind headliner and panels. Power and coaxial cable for the rear camera conceal perfectly in center windshield crash detection system module. Took me 2 hours total.

The camera system is exceptional with 1080P HD video and audio. Perfect day and night video.

On to the pictures!

Windshield has Llumar Air Blue 80 ceramic clear film. (Amazing BTW!)

How did you feed the wire to the back camera? 
Did you lower the headliner, or find another way?

How did you feed the wire to the back camera? 
Did you lower the headliner, or find another way?

It was very easy actually. The center bezel for the FWD crash detection system components easily removes. Then, I removed the screw(s) for the drivers side sun visor mount and the sun visor mount itself allowing the headliner flexibility. Also, removed both bolts of the driver side A pillar for panel flexibility as well. Then using an array of panel removal tools I concealed the power and coaxial cable. The coaxial I kept in the ceiling all the way to the left rear cabin for the rear camera and the power down the A pillar to the OBD-II port.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice setup, very similar to mine, except I don't have a rear camera.

What fuse did you hook it to? My camera shuts off every time the auto-start comes back on. It thinks it's getting plugged back in, it's pretty sensitive.

I tried the fuse with the radio, but because the radio starts up when you open the door, the camera then shuts off when I turn the truck on.

22 hours ago, nichos said:

Nice setup, very similar to mine, except I don't have a rear camera.

What fuse did you hook it to? My camera shuts off every time the auto-start comes back on. It thinks it's getting plugged back in, it's pretty sensitive.

I tried the fuse with the radio, but because the radio starts up when you open the door, the camera then shuts off when I turn the truck on.

You can use the heated steering wheel fuse. Works fine on mine. 

Thanks Flyinwells!  This was very useful in getting me started on my Blackvue install.  I made a new topic with a PDF of my install and some of the issues I encountered.  I also included a link back to your article as well.  I am definitely going to upgrade to the mount you are using in the near future.  Thanks again!