In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

jeepincbum11

2020 Hood Hinge LED Mounts

Anyone found a set that will work with the 2020 Sierra's

I reached out to ZROADS to see if the '19 Silverado model would work on the 20 GMC thinking the hinges/hood might be similar.  They got back to me.  Just curious if anyone else has found hood mounts similar to these available?

Response -

We actually have a 2020 GMC 1500 in our shop for R&D right now and they confirmed Z362181 will not work on the 2020 GMC. They will have new part numbers available for the 2020 GMC in 3-4 weeks and should have all the light applications covered. Please check back in a few weeks and we should have new part numbers loaded on the website.

I recommend reaching out to Baja Designs. They have some A-pillar lights for the T1s through GM Accessories. They might be able to help.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I bought these mounts for my previous Sierra and just bought them for my new silverado.  They are built very robust.

https://sdhqoffroad.com/collections/19-current-chevy-gmc-1500-sdhq-built-products/products/19-current-gmc-1500-sdhq-built-a-pillar-light-mounts

Edited by pewterliftedz

On 4/7/2020 at 8:47 AM, jeepincbum11 said:

Anyone found a set that will work with the 2020 Sierra's

I reached out to ZROADS to see if the '19 Silverado model would work on the 20 GMC thinking the hinges/hood might be similar.  They got back to me.  Just curious if anyone else has found hood mounts similar to these available?

Response -

We actually have a 2020 GMC 1500 in our shop for R&D right now and they confirmed Z362181 will not work on the 2020 GMC. They will have new part numbers available for the 2020 GMC in 3-4 weeks and should have all the light applications covered. Please check back in a few weeks and we should have new part numbers loaded on the website.

Here is one for you. 

https://zroadz.com/i-23909941-2019-2020-chevrolet-silverado-1500-hood-hinge-led-bracket-to-mount-2-3-inch-led-pod-lights-pn-z362181.html

7 hours ago, TXguy said:

Thanks but Zroads stated the silverado hinges wouldn't work on the GMC.  I should have copied that part in the post.   Have you tried the above mount on your GMC?  did it fit?

On 9/15/2020 at 11:07 PM, pewterliftedz said:

I bought these mounts for my previous Sierra and just bought them for my new silverado.  They are built very robust.

https://sdhqoffroad.com/collections/19-current-chevy-gmc-1500-sdhq-built-products/products/19-current-gmc-1500-sdhq-built-a-pillar-light-mounts

I believe these may be your only option without customizing some intended for the Silverado

I said it before and don't think I was heard, but I think you should reach out to Baja Designs to see if they have something. Don't just look at their website. Actually call or email them. See the highlighted portion in the attached pic for a clear explanation why. The pic is from accessories.gmc.com. My search parameters were for a 2020 GMC Sierra. 1b7fc4139aef4d2603dfcd7d1e0f8b6a.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

On 9/16/2020 at 12:07 AM, pewterliftedz said:

I went with the SDHQ mounts. I like that they are positioned out of the way and off to the side.  The mounts are sturdy, but a pain in the ass to install.  I dropped a wrench and a washer down into the wheel well trying to install them.  Also not cheap to have it shipped to Canada.

Edited by CNADN SIERRA
added info

That looks sweet!

Can you please link to the bottom bar as well. Thinking of doing this at some point in the near future.

I have a 19 Sierra 1500 AT4 so hope both those items fit when I decide to do this.

Also, any help on how these are wired by chance?

A. Those zroads don’t put out a lot of light. 

B. Mounting lights that close to your hood you are going to get a lot of glare off your hood unless you’re running a very narrow spot. 

You’ll be better running a light bar on the front of your truck. 

The glare you would see is similar to what’s happening in this pick. 

F83F5A02-84A5-416A-9611-82113C7E5D95.jpeg