Hello All!  I do apologize if this has already been tackled.   I did do a cursory search and could not find this in the HD forum at the very least. 

We were able to finally able to pick up our 2020 GMC AT4 HD 3500 this past Saturday.  Everything with the back-up camera seemed normal the first few time we back-up up.   Then, I’m unsure if I did something messing with the setting or jostling thru the different camera views or what...but now the camera, when you go into reverse looks like this!   It is all skewed and stretched.  

Has anyone seen this before1. Figured I would approach y’all before spending the time going back to the dealership!

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated, Thank you!.  

4761FD58-E38B-4ACA-995D-95F66E1ECE89.jpeg

Totally normal wide angle lens view.  My biggest gripe is that the lines don't exactly show you where you're going.  They were spot on in my Colorado, but in the 2500 they're more annoying than useful.  Dealership said there is no way to adjust it, and I haven't found anyone that can either.  Maybe someone out there knows a trick?

I would like to say too that it is normal!  But I know it worked as my 2015 Denali HD that I traded in when we first picked it up and came home.  That was this past Saturday.  Sunday is when we noticed this, when we went out and about to put a few miles on her, we got home, backed in as we always do...that was the image we got.  Its really weird and disorienting!

• 1 month later...
On 4/14/2020 at 8:17 AM, 2020-2500 said:

Totally normal wide angle lens view.  My biggest gripe is that the lines don't exactly show you where you're going.  They were spot on in my Colorado, but in the 2500 they're more annoying than useful.  Dealership said there is no way to adjust it, and I haven't found anyone that can either.  Maybe someone out there knows a trick?

I'm having the same issue with the lines being completely off (by feet) when backing up with the wheels cut.  Appears they used the 1500 programming and the HD has a longer wheelbase so you end up 3-5 feet off of where the lines started to send you.  My dealer is "looking into it" with GM engineers, but don't have a solution yet.  

1 minute ago, TexasCW said:

I'm having the same issue with the lines being completely off (by feet) when backing up with the wheels cut.  Appears they used the 1500 programming and the HD has a longer wheelbase so you end up 3-5 feet off of where the lines started to send you.  My dealer is "looking into it" with GM engineers, but don't have a solution yet.  

I figured it was calibrated for another truck.  So dumb.

If you hear anything about a fix please please please post it here.  This is literally my biggest gripe with this truck.

• Like 1

Mine looks nothing like that - I have a normal view without any distortion. Yours looks like it is combining the hitch view with the back up camera giving a strange view...Is it a setting or view that you might have toggled to???

I just checked, and mine looks normal with the split screen (surround view on left side).  If I remove the split screen, the rear view is distorted - system stretches the image to fit the scree.

• 2 months later...

FYI to others - there was an OTA update for infotainment that got installed on my truck a few days ago.  Seems to have fixed the camera issue.  Haven't tried hitch mode yet, but regular mode has the lines in a much better location.  They're also slight different - thinner than they showed before.