Trailer Cameras Not Working

I purchased my 2020, 2500 Duramax in September. I ordered it with the all of the trailering features.

I also ordered an auxiliary camera to attach my travel trailer, which I installed in November. 

It worked great for the first two months.

Six weeks ago it stopped working completely. 

I tried every combination of plugging and unplugging, cleaning connectors, switching between the interior and exterior jack.  

Finally, I removed it from the trailer and took it to a Chevy dealer.

They let me plug it into one of their trucks to see if it was the camera or my truck that was the issue.

The camera did not work on their truck either.

Chevy sent me a replacement camera under warranty, which I received last week.

After installing it, it worked great for two days, then stopped.

Has anyone else had similar problems?  

Thank You

I'm not sure this will help with the above problem but I purchased a GM trailer camera about a month ago but have not had a chance to test it until today.  Temps have finally warmed enough to allow me to plug into the trailer and ensure the camera was  working.  It went well - the camera showed a light inside the camera lens as soon as it was plugged into the truck receptacle.  The camera view also showed on the infotainment screen inside the truck when I went to that view on the system.  I'll be running the cable to the back of the trailer and mounting the camera over the next few days.  Everything looks promising.

Edited by unit

Guys, here are a couple things to try.  The cameras do not like a hot hookup.  When hooking up your trailer, once you get your hitch lined up, shut the truck off and close the doors.  Hook up the trailer,  plug in 7 way, and finally hook up cameras.  Start the truck up, pump the brakes a couple of times, and then select your trailer profile or setup a new one.  

If you still have problems after following this, you may have a hardware issue.

#iworkforGM 

• 3 weeks later...

I ordered the GM OEM trailer camera. I followed the  instructions an input all of the measurements only to receive a message that the trailer is too long. Anyone else having problems? 

I have the same problem. 2020 Denali HD... have 2 enclosed trailers, bought a camera for each trailer. My snowmobile trailer camera worked for the first season, an occasional issue, but a reboot would fix it.  Now, I have nothing but a black screen with an X in the upper right corner. I tried every fix, reboot, truck off... nothing works. I will try the other trailer to see if it the camera or the truck.

Edited by In2racn

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/22/2021 at 2:41 PM, MTU Alum said:

There is a length limit but it will still work if you put the maximum length value in.  I believe the length limit is around 10 meters.  Convert that to inches and go down an inch at a time until a number works.

#iworkforGM 

How do I delete or reset the camera settings and start over?

On 4/8/2021 at 8:50 AM, MTU Alum said:

Either go into trailer profile and change one of the dimensions or delete trailer profile and start over.

#iworkforGM 

Can you be more specific? Where do I go to do this?

10 hours ago, Foldbak said:

Can you be more specific? Where do I go to do this?

Select trailer app through your infotainment screen.  Create a new profile or select an existing.  I believe the next step is selecting conventional, 5th wheel, gooseneck.  Transparent only works with conventional.  I believe next step is select trailer type.  I believe transparent only works with cargo, horse, and one other one.  The next step it will ask about transparent setup.  This is where you enter your seven dimensions.  Next step would be calibrate.  I'm doing this from memory so I may have missed a step.

#iworkforGM 

Edited by MTU Alum

The easiest way to change the trailer dimensions is to use the phone app if you have an OnStar subscription.  Alternatively you can press the pencil shown in the image below to go into trailer settings.  Trailer dimensions are available from there.

F09-trailer-app-trailers-2.jpg

Edited by unit