Quality hard folding tonneau cover that lasts more than 5 years

I am going with a hard folding next time around avoiding the vinyl cover. Who has had a hard folding cover that has lasted them more the 3-5 years without replacing various parts. I like the Bak folding covers like Mx4 but hesitant after poor quality of my current cover. Any other brands that people have first hand experience and it holding up?

I have had a few different tonneau cover brands over the last 20 years and non of them last longer than 4-5 years. My current one is a Bak roll x now called Revolver. The Bak was around $800 and I figured it would be a high quality cover and last longer than my past covers. Unfortunately the Bak is pretty much slowly started falling apart after 2 years old. The seals started separating from the cover right after the warranty was up then the felt liner underside fell off the first hot day in its 2nd year. Today I noticed the vinyl top that covers the aluminum hard roll up part is splitting at the folds. My truck is always garaged and I always use 303 protectant in it. The cover I would say will be junk by next year. So 4-5 years is the life span on the Bak rolling hard cover. I figured after nearly spending $1000 it should last awhile.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have had the MX4 on my 2018 since I bought it new (34k miles). It works, but a few parts broke: strap clip to hold cover partially folded and clips to hold struts. It also leaks. So much so that I have to keep the bed mostly empty in the winter or everything molds and rots. Company tried to replace seals, but that didn't work, and so far they are not willing to replace it. I would not get another, and I am looking for a replacement as well, but don't know what's better. Undercover/LineX (made by same company, but with 5y war and higher quality parts)? Extang?

Hope more people chime in.    

• Like 1

Moved my Xtang solid fold from my 08 silverado(purchased fall of 07) to my 16, and it still keeps the bed dry.

I’ve only had my exTang solid fold 2.0 for about a year, but it’s very well-made and it’s been holding up fine and I use it a lot. And I use it I mean open and close a lot and remove and replace a lot. So +1 on this one from me. I know that’s not quite 4-5 years, but mine usually show wear pretty quick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, UnlimitedMatt said:

I have Truck Gear by LINE-X Stealth Hard Folding Tonneau Cover.  It has a lifetime warranty, although I have only owned it for a year and it has had zero issues so far.

I have the same one UnlimitedMatt been a year also no problems yet ?

• Like 1

I bought my truck with the Weather Tech Alloy Cover. it is  probably more expensive than i would have paid myself, but works pretty well. Its secure, and lets in very little water. the only downside so far is if i wanted the full bed open, which i have not needed. it folds on itself in panels, so even when fully open, still have the panels stacked closest to the rear window.

Another vote for the Extang Solidfold 2.0.

I have the "non-2.0" version for 5 1/2 years now with no problems.  The 2.0 has improvements that make it even better!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

See my review of extang solid fold 2.0.

Extang Solid Fold 2.0 Hard Tri-Folding Tonneau bed cover review after 2 years of ownership

• Like 1