2500 HD REBATES or SPECIAL OFFERS?????

8 hours ago, Dunn said:

they may get full pop come august/sept

This assessment is just as likely as going the other way, especially if there are any more supply/production interruptions.  It is a crap shoot right now.  I'd say if you want a truck and find one for a decent price I'd buy it and not look back.  

yep....glad I got one when I did, even back then supply was getting low ( 2500s).....Ive checked since and most of dealers I was checking out don't have any of the trucks left I was looking at.....a couple don't even have any trucks left at all

if you need one and can get a deal jump on it

• Like 1

23 hours ago, jjackkrash said:

This assessment is just as likely as going the other way, especially if there are any more supply/production interruptions.  It is a crap shoot right now.  I'd say if you want a truck and find one for a decent price I'd buy it and not look back.  

Yeah I think I am going to lock in one of the trucks my dealer has arriving in August. Rebates actually went up a bit for June from what they were in May and I am hoping GM continues that trend. I don’t think I’ll regret waiting as I believe the incentives will get better as these dealers start to build up inventory levels. Curious what they do for July here in a few day’s. 

• Like 1

I'm a little nervous how incentives will change, my truck was built this week. I like the current incentives plus the extra Costco offer, would set me up pretty sweet. Gotta wait I am guessing three-ish weeks for the dealer to get the truck in.

On 6/24/2020 at 3:09 PM, Dunn said:

back in March, April a lot of peeps thought they would be giving way vehicles right about now but turns out it went the other way.....they cant sell what they don't have and sure as heck aren't gonna be trying to discount the last remaining ones heck of a lot.....

I don't know how fast plants can produce vehicles but 2021 will be on production line as well.....they may get full pop come august/sept

Count me as one of those people...  My lease is expiring and I was hoping that the "massive incentives" would make it easier to jump up to a 3/4 ton. Boy was I wrong... At this point new is more than I want to pay and there are not really any used trucks out there because there aren't any new trucks out there to trade them in on. 

I am still hoping that the 2020's will see some good incentives by Sept/Oct when the 2021's hopefully start to arrive.  I hate to buy a used truck and I am actually considering leasing a Ram 2500 since they offer a lease in the 3/4 ton.

I jumped up to 3/4 ton from 1500....I see $4250 cash on diesels right now but maybe no dealer discount ..they don't really discount 2500/3500s like they do 1500s anyway........I paid about 8k less than MSRP in April and inventory was low back than.....WT and LTZ/HC I still see some around but mid level trucks are tough to come by.....if searching nationwide, maybe bit easier...…

but come sept good luck finding one if they don't produce many more.....dealers around me are out, mostly LTZ and HC or WT

I couldn't find many used and when I did new was still a better deal....they really weren't taking much off...plus new you get full 3/5yr warranty as original owner....don't think it transfers over from owner to owner but could be wrong.....ones I seen at dealer only had 1 yr warranty I believe....could be a lot of ways that plays out with registered owners and miles.....still new wasn't really much more and well, you have new truck...….I was also looking at Ram and came really close to buying one....

Well I rolled the dice on taking July incentives in lieu of taking June. The July incentives went up $250.00 from $1,250.00 to $1,500.00. They just are not giving out much cash on the AT4 Truck. Mine arrived Friday at the dealership. They closed early and Saturday and Sunday they are closed. Pick up truck on Monday. Been a long wait for my 2020 GMC Sierra 2500 4WD Diesel Crew Cab. Monday I’ll send a pic on the photo thread. Good luck shopping.

Probably for the best. I had to buy custom out of town. Local dealer only had $65000 trucks (maybe 6?) and I was keeping the old one. After I signed, they only had one red one left and it was soon gone. Just noticed this week they finally got 2ore reds on the lot. Lots of chrome on them. This area has a lot of snowbirds. The dealer I went to had 2 other customs that sold within a week or 2 of mine. One of my bosses just bought a used 1500 and won't tell me what he paid for it.

Edited by Stand By