New interior for 2021 Silverado

2 hours ago, OnTheReel said:

Is there something I’m missing here? Why does everyone who sees this article assume it’s getting the whole SUV interior...it says center console. The thing between the seats. Not the screen. Not the push button shifter. 

In the pics in the article the dash shifter is there...looks like a sliding switch or something

15 minutes ago, Pappy58 said:

In the pics in the article the dash shifter is there...looks like a sliding switch or something

The pics are of the 2021 Tahoe / Suburban interior that the Silverado isn’t getting. There aren’t any pics of the Silverado interior yet but the article only mentions it getting the SUV center console, and upfitter switches (maybe replacing all the blanks on lower trims)...

Shifter on the SUV is a push/ pull button. Park and neutral are push buttons. Drive and reverse, you pull towards you using the slots next to those two buttons to get your finger in there.

Had that shifter arrangement in my Terrain loaner. Not terrible. One could certainly get used to it, but it wouldn’t fly in a pickup. For whatever reason, everything in a pickup needs to be designed for use in gloves. And that shifter ain’t.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, OnTheReel said:

The pics are of the 2021 Tahoe / Suburban interior that the Silverado isn’t getting. There aren’t any pics of the Silverado interior yet but the article only mentions it getting the SUV center console, and upfitter switches (maybe replacing all the blanks on lower trims)...

Shifter on the SUV is a push/ pull button. Park and neutral are push buttons. Drive and reverse, you pull towards you using the slots next to those two buttons to get your finger in there.

Had that shifter arrangement in my Terrain loaner. Not terrible. One could certainly get used to it, but it wouldn’t fly in a pickup. For whatever reason, everything in a pickup needs to be designed for use in gloves. And that shifter ain’t.

Yeah my bad, I mis-interpreted the pics.  

I just bought a 2020 AT4 last week Pretty happy I did instead of waiting for the 21's.  Don't like what they're proposing for 2021 interior at all. As for seats, I find them super comfortable. 

• Like 2

Heck with the interior. I like it. It's practical for a truck yet very easy and simple to use. If they want to update and refresh. Offer more POWER!!! 

5.3L should have around 400 HP and still be very reliable

6.2L should have 480HP

and offer a 7.0L 550 HP natural aspirated SS version. Lowered with performance suspension, riding on 22's....

GM really needs to step up and offer more HP/TQ  

• Like 2

On 6/9/2020 at 4:56 PM, OnTheReel said:

Is there something I’m missing here? Why does everyone who sees this article assume it’s getting the whole SUV interior...it says center console. The thing between the seats. Not the screen. Not the push button shifter. 

You expect people to not only read but comprehend?!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cpl_Punishment said:

You expect people to not only read but comprehend?!

Yeah, my mistake! The same type of posts were coming up on Facebook, TFL, and GM Authority too so it was annoying me a bit. I guess the article wasn’t really well done or meaningful anyway. Just more crap to generate clicks like everything anymore.

• Like 1

I personally love the current interior. I don't know what the new tahoe center console would offer that would be a benefit. I like the current arm rests, cup holders and wireless charging area. Everything seems pretty easy to keep clean, as well.  My only complaint is that the seats are pretty friggin stiff. I hope they soften up a bit - but I doubt they will. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, chukronos said:

I personally love the current interior. I don't know what the new tahoe center console would offer that would be a benefit. I like the current arm rests, cup holders and wireless charging area. Everything seems pretty easy to keep clean, as well.  My only complaint is that the seats are pretty friggin stiff. I hope they soften up a bit - but I doubt they will. 

They do soften up. I sat in my passenger seat to clean my windshield the other day and couldn’t believe how much stiffer it felt versus the one my fat butt broke in on the driver’s side. Granted I’m a year and a half in now. 

On 6/11/2020 at 3:17 PM, Sierra_Kayaker said:

Weird, maybe I'm in the minority. I actually really like the current interior style, I think keeping the same design feel but updating the gauge cluster would be enough for me. 

The gauge cluster is simple, but clean. I like it at nite when it is just white and red. I like it better than the blue in the previous generation.