New interior for 2021 Silverado

The only reason I would trade in my 19 for the refresh is if they improve the seats. The other stuff is nice, but I don't mind the current interior with the exception being how uncomfortable the seats are.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I was a little surprised when GM didn’t release the ‘19s with a 10”+ infotainment screen on the Denali/HC models to try and compete with Ram. The big chunky aluminum trim kind causes some awkward proportions and makes the 8" unit look like it's out of place. I always figured it was added as a last minute fix since the larger touchscreen wouldn’t be ready in time for launch, but even with the Tahoe/Yukon it's not like they're putting in a 15" screen.

I’ll be disappointed if they put a “tablet” style display in there instead. It’s a design trend that other manufacturers have been moving away from, and it looks like its mounted to high in the dash to comfortably reach. It works OK with some of the German and Japanese brands where the primary means of input is a knob on the console, not just touch inputs but not so great in a full size truck with touch-only inputs.

• Like 1

The article just says the center console from the Tahoe, not the whole interior. If that’s it...big whoop. Sound more like a stopgap rather than a mid-cycle refresh.

• Like 1

Interior for sure needs a bit of updgrading. Good to hear GM is listening to majority of people/magazine/internet writers and upgrading the looks. Current interior is very bland. love the soft materials in my 19 Denali but overall look and layout is terrible. To each his own though , I know some peeps love theirs. So no offense to anyone. 

so the wt and custom in 2500HD finally get storage on armrest.....idk about 1500s but that was huge gripe and rightfully so.....guess they got the point!

not really a fan of SUV  screen....while I do think the trucks need a change idk the screen just looks like an after thought....it just kinda sits out there all by itself.....integrate it into dash like ford or dodge would be better and cleaner.....

and yes I am huge fan of column shifter.....don't want a knob to turn, though I think chevy could have done a better job with design of column shifter.....rather have it than not

Edited by Dunn

56 minutes ago, f8l vnm said:

Interior for sure needs a bit of updgrading. Good to hear GM is listening to majority of people/magazine/internet writers and upgrading the looks. Current interior is very bland. love the soft materials in my 19 Denali but overall look and layout is terrible. To each his own though , I know some peeps love theirs. So no offense to anyone. 

I'm glad you said to each his own. I went from a 01 LB7 Dually to my new 2020 L5P Dually so you know how well I like mine.

Column shifter is a must have for truck IMO. I'm still having a hard time adjusting to push button start, but I came from an 07 F150, so even the interior on my 19 feels space aged to me :D

• Like 1

I don't care for the big infotainment screens that they are adding to all these new vehicles, they look out of place. Why do I need an Ipad while I'm driving down the road??? The one in my 19' Sierra is just fine. I still like column shift, but I could get used to using a push button also, that is not a big deal to me. I love push to start on all the vehicles I have owned that have that feature. I personally do not have any issue with the interior in the new trucks, I think they are just fine. Do not need all the little gimmicky gadgets. Everybody compares to a RAM, but I don't like the RAM interiors, too much going on, it is overload. I buy a vehicle to drive and be comfortable in while driving, and for reliability and ease of working on. The GM trucks fit that bill for me. Everybody has their opinions on this, and it could be an age thing too. I am 50 and don't need or want all these things I will never use or need. I just want a good looking, nice driving, reliable truck, and I feel I have that with GM products.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2