In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Hey guys, i know this topic has probably been covered over and over again and there is a lot of controversy over this topic. Is it okay to lift a 2wd truck? I just got my first truck and want to lift it but some people say its pointless on a 2wd. I was all for it until people started commenting on it and now it got me to thinking. Should i lift my 2wd truck or sell it and buy a 4wd? Also drop your cool truck pics if your a 2wd and lifted for some inspiration thanks guys 

People do it all the time so do whatever you want.

Some even make pre-runner style trucks that are 2WD.

• Like 3

Why are you lifting it?  If it's for appearance (you like the lifted look, or want to run bigger tires), then it's exactly the same as for 4wd.

If it's for off-roading, then a lift would probably still help, but it's probably more effective to swap to a 4wd truck and then lift that...

• Like 1

You can lift a 2wd easy.

Check out Frankielozano214's 2wd on a 9" McGaughys. 

C43C4594-0B4A-45AC-AED2-D832FE6A6344.thumb.jpeg.efd9e26f8701aa73e6cfacd96942ca48.jpeg

• Like 3

I don’t mind the 2wd, wish I would of had the 4wd but I’m probably never gonna take this off roading 😂 it’s more for looks. 

• Like 1

Just know it seems like I’m at the gas pump a lot more now since the lift and bigger wheels and tires 😆 

DAC0971E-CAFF-4628-A70B-A4AAB5566269.jpeg

• Like 2

Just know it seems like I’m at the gas pump a lot more now since the lift and bigger wheels and tires  
DAC0971E-CAFF-4628-A70B-A4AAB5566269.thumb.jpeg.13278669c36697096baac9273643c2d5.jpeg
What did I tell you Bro

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

Should start a new thread
Frankie's gas pump adventures

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, dieselfan1 said:

Should start a new thread
Frankie's gas pump adventuresemoji857.pngemoji2957.pngemoji40.png

Shiittt I gotta fill up like 3 times a week now smfh, I work like 35 miles away so about 70miles a day

I would personally be embarrassed to lift a 2WD truck, but do what you like.  Poser for sure.  But then you have all these Brodozers running around that have less off roading capability than stock, so there is that...

Lol 😂 when niggas talk down, worry about your own ****** if u don’t like it good for u I ain’t embarrassed because I know my truck still looks better then yours!

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

He must be a trump fan 😂 smug donald trump GIF by Election 2016

Edited by Frankielozano214
  • Like 1

Another lifted truck hayta

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nitrousbird said:

I would personally be embarrassed to lift a 2WD truck, but do what you like.  Poser for sure.  But then you have all these Brodozers running around that have less off roading capability than stock, so there is that...

😂 22's on a truck and you'd be embarrassed about lifting a 2wd and he's the poser? 

OP, those that mention you don't lift a 2wd buy a truck for the image, don't listen to those people. Many buy 4wd just for 4x4 emblem looks but you know what, most couldn't tell if it was a 4wd or 2wd by looking at it and would need to see the 4wd knob... By all means you can and should lift a 2wd, it is those that buy 4wd with no use for it that are the problem and should be embarrassed. Good on you for getting a 2wd truck knowing you didn't need 4wd, saved a bunch of money and no one is the wiser. Now don't go putting 4wd emblems on it though, saw a 2wd Titan lifted with aftermarket 4wd stickers on it and it was only a 2wd, those people really have problems. Also be happy with the fact a lifted 2wd won't have as many problems or potential for problems as a lifted 4wd because a worn out CV axle is annoying and a failed transfer case or front diff is expensive. 

Tyler

• Like 3

I've seen lowered 4x4's, so yeah.