rear suspension

Are you are running truck 'unloaded' and have factory tire sizes at the pressures on the door sticker? 

If so try running reduced tire pressure - its a free trial.

Washboard road has always been a issue in a pickup -- especially unloaded and at speed. 

Suspension adjustment -- by setting tire pressure match current loading -- can help.   

I have a 2019 Sierra SLT 4x4, and I lived with the crappy ride for almost a year. I noticed the same thing, it would go sideways when going over bumps, lose rear traction easily, etc. I installed new Bilsteins on the rear about three weeks ago - best $200 I ever spent. The ride is much improved on all less than perfect surfaces.

As others have said, loading up the rear with several hundred pounds and/or reducing tire pressure can help (I tried both) but neither helps nearly as much as getting the junk factory rear shocks out and replacing with good ones.

A LOT of us have this issue. It's very well-known. 

Adjust your tire pressures down some, it helps. The shocks will also get better as you put mileage on them. 

Best solution, though, is to replace them with either Bilstein (not out yet) or Eibachs. 

I just put Bilstein 5100s on the rear of mine today. I haven't driven it yet.

There is now a 5100 for the front but no one has it yet. Part # for the front will be Part Number: 24-293297. The rear is Part Number: 24-293471.

I've driven a truck on washboard dirt roads since before I was legally old enough to do so and every one of them to some extent will do that, and the longer the wheelbase the move pronounced the effect. Trucks are made to haul stuff and when the bed has nothing in it they will tend to get a little "squirrelly", they certainly make shocks that will help but as mentioned a cheap fix it to put something in the bed. Doesnt have to be much...back in my wilder days even a igloo full of ice and beer makes a big difference lol. 

On 7/7/2020 at 12:50 PM, Barry Hartling said:

has anyone else had trouble with there truck going sideways on gravel roads in pot holes or washboard ????    is there a fix for this that is not too expensive ????   new here so Thank you for your Time ....

I had the same problem on my F150. Bilstein 4600’s fixed it. Can’t wait until they have the 4600’s for the new Sierra. Hate that feeling.

On 7/15/2020 at 7:48 AM, Barry Hartling said:

Thanks Guys for all the help.. going to see if the dealer will help  Thanks again .....

They won't be of any help. You need new shocks to get the more planted ride you're wanting (and should come OEM off the lot!) 

The other day I was following Mrs. Econometrics home in her minivan, she was driving my RST. I was watching the rear suspension on my RST... wow... it was just bouncing up and down like a loose noodle. Someone with a TB was driving in front of us, and I honestly didn't see the same play in the rear end. Then a GMT900 1500 CC drive along side my RST for about a mile... same thing. Rear axle just did not look as bouncy. Made me realize how badly I need to get rid of these Rancho twin-tubes. 

1 minute ago, econometrics said:

They won't be of any help. You need new shocks to get the more planted ride you're wanting (and should come OEM off the lot!) 

The other day I was following Mrs. Econometrics home in her minivan, she was driving my RST. I was watching the rear suspension on my RST... wow... it was just bouncing up and down like a loose noodle. Someone with a TB was driving in front of us, and I honestly didn't see the same play in the rear end. Then a GMT900 1500 CC drive along side my RST for about a mile... same thing. Rear axle just did not look as bouncy. Made me realize how badly I need to get rid of these Rancho twin-tubes. 

The key question here is: why weren't you making Mrs. Econometrics drive the minivan? 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Cpl_Punishment said:

The key question here is: why weren't you making Mrs. Econometrics drive the minivan? 

? We had $5500 of (warrantied, thank God!) work done on the suspension, so I needed to make sure the dealer got it right. ? 

• Like 1