Snorkle Anyone ???

Has anyone come accross snorkle kits for the silverado's ?  iv'e seen tons for the toyotas, and even for the colorado, but nothing for the silverado's .   Not planning on doing any deep river crossings on purpose, but want to cover all the bases for exploring and protecting the vitals as best I can.  What other options might there be ?  suggestions ?   Thank you 

X2 ^ and that thing is going to be deep under water for a snorkel to be nessessary. If your still interested, I'd call 4wparts and ask them if there is a kit that has a similar angle to it you might be able to retrofit. Youd have to measure the degree of your a pillar and see if there is something close. Thatd be the route I'd go if I was hell bent on having one. But for me id be more worried about traction with a gov lock and open front diff (IFS) being that deep and getting stuck. Cause then you'll flood the qhole cab and ruin the truck more than likely. Idk, just my .02. Good luck brother

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, voyager1500 said:

Has anyone come accross snorkle kits for the silverado's ?  iv'e seen tons for the toyotas, and even for the colorado, but nothing for the silverado's .   Not planning on doing any deep river crossings on purpose, but want to cover all the bases for exploring and protecting the vitals as best I can.  What other options might there be ?  suggestions ?   Thank you 

Maybe try these guys, closet thing to a K2 (not really) I could find.

See the source image

2 hours ago, davester said:

If you get in water deep enough for a snorkle to help, expect to have a host of electrical problems...

Had my snorkeled Tacoma in deep mud and water all the time, once the bottom of the seats got wet, it's sensor replacement time. The Tacoma breathed in through the fender, a lot like our trucks do. That fender intake area is above the bottom of the seats, so it didn't really help at all. The truck would have kept running, but the electric are going to crap out.

Thanks for all the feedback.   I looked up AEV and they do not have one for that truck, no silverados at all.  I guess it would be a funky set up since the intake is all the way at the front of the fender, run all the way to back of fender and then up.

I Guess that would be some pretty deep fording to get up to that intake as it is up at top of fender.  Maybe be better to just put more lift in it ?

Edited by voyager1500
  • Like 2