Bought my dream truck, turned into a nightmare!

I have read your story, you had a pity experience with your GMC Sierra. I appreciate your belief in GMC but hope you have a better view of other car brands. I've been driving a Ford F150 for 5 years, until now I feel fine with it

2 hours ago, greco2003 said:

I don’t see why you feel GM should of bought it back. It comes with a warranty for issues such as this. Lemmon law is a reoccurring problem and it has to be the same problem. 

You don't see why he wanted a new truck when his engine crapped out at the ripe old age of 500 something miles, Seriously?

I think new laws are needed to protect the consumer from these flawed and flat out broken products manufactures sell,  I think any catastrophic failure like an engine within the first 10,000 miles and found to be a manufacture defect should be an instant buy back if the owner so chooses. I don't blame the guy for having no confidence in his purchase when bill and ted from insert no name dealerships crack opens your brand new truck. As you see here other problems occur, no possible way to fully install an engine the same-way it is done at the factory. To have to make payments for the rest of the bank note on a flawed vehicle has to be infuriating and it is not right imo.

Absolutely imo the dealership or manufacture or both should be the ones taking it on the chin here with these kind of issues!

51 minutes ago, BIGDOGx said:

You don't see why he wanted a new truck when his engine crapped out at the ripe old age of 500 something miles, Seriously?

I think new laws are needed to protect the consumer from these flawed and flat out broken products manufactures sell,  I think any catastrophic failure like an engine within the first 10,000 miles and found to be a manufacture defect should be an instant buy back if the owner so chooses. I don't blame the guy for having no confidence in his purchase when bill and ted from insert no name dealerships crack opens your brand new truck. As you see here other problems occur, no possible way to fully install an engine the same-way it is done at the factory. To have to make payments for the rest of the bank note on a flawed vehicle has to be infuriating and it is not right imo.

Absolutely imo the dealership or manufacture or both should be the ones taking it on the chin here with these kind of issues!

Yes seriously that’s why it has a warranty and was repaired under that warranty. I mean if businesses replaced stuff with brand new stuff everything something broke they wouldn’t be in business long. It’s unfortunate it happened but that is why it has a warranty from the manufacturer and they fixed it according to there warranty policy. No manufacturer is going to give you a new vehicle because something broke. Not saying the dealer didn’t mess more crap up on it either just saying it was repaired under the warranty they were given under GMC or really any auto manufacturer. 

Just now, greco2003 said:

Yes seriously that’s why it has a warranty and was repaired under that warranty. I mean if businesses replaced stuff with brand new stuff everything something broke they wouldn’t be in business long. It’s unfortunate it happened but that is why it has a warranty from the manufacturer and they fixed it according to there warranty policy. No manufacturer is going to give you a new vehicle because something broke. Not saying the dealer didn’t mess more crap up on it either just saying it was repaired under the warranty they were given under GMC or really any auto manufacturer. 

Which is why new laws are needed, the manufacture should be the one to get stuck with these problem vehicles imo. We all know the blown motor thing at these low miles are few and far between, it is just simply not suppose to happen, and the warranty is not for making sure the thing can last the first few weeks of ownership! 

Issues like this are obviously an extreme, i don't think it is asking much for a little different approach to satisfying the customer is all, and without a doubt i don't find it wrong for the customer to be upset and want more then the hear you go "Tony our one certified Tech and the oil changer boys out back fixed you up real good" kind of conclusion to it either!

2 minutes ago, BIGDOGx said:

Which is why new laws are needed, the manufacture should be the one to get stuck with these problem vehicles imo. We all know the blown motor thing at these low miles are few and far between, it is just simply not suppose to happen, and the warranty is not for making sure the thing can last the first few weeks of ownership! 

Issues like this are obviously an extreme, i don't think it is asking much for a little different approach to satisfying the customer is all, and without a doubt i don't find it wrong for the customer to be upset and want more then the hear you go "Tony our one certified Tech and the oil changer boys out back fixed you up real good" kind of conclusion to it either!

I agree they could fix it with a law. And I would be pissed if it happened to me.

Where does it stop? Maybe we need laws to prohibit the fatties from eating enough food in one sitting to feed four average sized people?
That's not really a good comparison. People choosing to be unhealthy is their choice, people dont choose to have a brand new vehicle that doesnt function properly. As it is, the lemon laws are too restrictive. Just because a vehicle has a multitude of different problems doesnt mean they are less valid than a single recurring problem.

If the laws favored the consumer more it would benefit the consumers as a whole because then the manufacturers would have to improve the quality of their vehicles to avoid losing so much money on defective ones.

As it is currently, they have no incentive to improve their quality/quality control because it is so difficult and time consuming for a consumer to go through and win the lemon law process that it costs them a hell of a lot less to have crappy quality and payout the small number of people that successfully get a buyback.

As an aside, I have actually gone through this process with an attorney and even meeting all the criteria for lemon law in my state, it was still a nightmare going through the process and left me without a functioning vehicle for several months while it was happening.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Mikedfw said:

That's not really a good comparison. People choosing to be unhealthy is their choice, people dont choose to have a brand new vehicle that doesnt function properly. As it is, the lemon laws are too restrictive. Just because a vehicle has a multitude of different problems doesnt mean they are less valid than a single recurring problem.

If the laws favored the consumer more it would benefit the consumers as a whole because then the manufacturers would have to improve the quality of their vehicles to avoid losing so much money on defective ones.

As it is currently, they have no incentive to improve their quality/quality control because it is so difficult and time consuming for a consumer to go through and win the lemon law process that it costs them a hell of a lot less to have crappy quality and payout the small number of people that successfully get a buyback.

As an aside, I have actually gone through this process with an attorney and even meeting all the criteria for lemon law in my state, it was still a nightmare going through the process and left me without a functioning vehicle for several months while it was happening.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

True.

Big money wins all the time IMO. The consumer is last on the list.

:)

• Like 1

I’ve been really lucky. I bought my 2020 AT4 in December brand new, and now have 13,700 miles on it with no issues (yet). No leaky rear window, no vibration, no leaf spring squeak, etc. I feel terrible for the OP - I’d be pissed if I was wearing those shoes.

Ram is not much better. I researched Ram heavily before getting this GMC. My sales guy (I have gotten 7 vehicles from him between my wife, son and me over the years) handles GMC/Buick/Caddy and Ram/Chrysler/Dodge. His quote, “lease a Ram, buy a GMC.” He said they can’t keep the Rams out of the service bays. Our son is friends with a tech at a different Ram dealership, and he said the same thing. The Rams are constantly in and out of the service departments for various issues.

My buddy has a 2019 F350 with the V10, bought new, and he is having motor issues (misfiring) as well.

It sucks that we spend this much $$ for vehicles and can’t be assured a great experience. But the worst is when the OE disregards or dismisses a customer. Good luck OP.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I’ve been really lucky. I bought my 2020 AT4 in December brand new, and now have 13,700 miles on it with no issues (yet). No leaky rear window, no vibration, no leaf spring squeak, etc. I feel terrible for the OP - I’d be pissed if I was wearing those shoes.

Ram is not much better. I researched Ram heavily before getting this GMC. My sales guy (I have gotten 7 vehicles from him between my wife, son and me over the years) handles GMC/Buick/Caddy and Ram/Chrysler/Dodge. His quote, “lease a Ram, buy a GMC.” He said they can’t keep the Rams out of the service bays. Our son is friends with a tech at a different Ram dealership, and he said the same thing. The Rams are constantly in and out of the service departments for various issues.

My buddy has a 2019 F350 with the V10, bought new, and he is having motor issues (misfiring) as well.

It sucks that we spend this much $$ for vehicles and can’t be assured a great experience. But the worst is when the OE disregards or dismisses a customer. Good luck OP.

That’s the truth, all the trucks these days have problems. Though my 2017 Silverado was always in the shop for odd electrical gremlins, my 2014 Dodge Dart limited (with every piece that could go wrong installed on it) had a better track record than it did. I don’t know that I necessarily believe your dealer’s advice on RAM, my GMC/Chevy/Ford/Volvo/RAM/Jeep/BMW group of dealers under the same company is sick and tired of GM’s crap 8 speed transmissions. My friend in the service department wishes that the 8 speed transmission in the Colorado/Canyon never existed, as it took GM far too long to come up with a proper fix, leaving them to shoulder the public backlash of frustrated customers.

Oh and the 2019 F-350 doesn’t have a V10, in regular or chassis cab form.

Oh and the 2019 F-350 doesn’t have a V10, in regular or chassis cab form.

It’s actually his commercial van with a Rockport body. Sorry, should have clarified.

Yeah, I heard the 8 speeds are troublesome. I’ve got the 10 speed, which I have to say runs awesome. So far, at least.