Front Passenger Window Auto Up Stops Half Way

I have a 2019 Sierre CCSB SLT X31 6.2. Whenever I use the 1 click/auto down function to control the front passenger window and then try to close the window by using the 1 click/auto up function, the window begins to rise, then stops about 1/4 of way up, then lowers itself again. Anyone else having this issue or know what could cause it?

Have you tried the window programming routine?

Programming the Power Windows

Programming may be necessary if the vehicle battery has been disconnected or discharged. If the
window is unable to express-up, program each express-close window:

1. Close all doors.

2. Turn the ignition on or to ACC/ ACCESSORY.

3. Partially open the window to be programmed.

Then close it and continue to pull the switch briefly after the window has fully closed.

4. Open the window and continue to press the switch briefly after the window has fully opened.

On 8/4/2020 at 4:39 PM, redwngr said:

Have you tried the window programming routine?

Programming the Power Windows

Programming may be necessary if the vehicle battery has been disconnected or discharged. If the
window is unable to express-up, program each express-close window:

1. Close all doors.

2. Turn the ignition on or to ACC/ ACCESSORY.

3. Partially open the window to be programmed.

Then close it and continue to pull the switch briefly after the window has fully closed.

4. Open the window and continue to press the switch briefly after the window has fully opened.

Thanks for enlightening me and providing those instructions. I had never heard of that before. It would never occur to me that system would require programming. Seems like the window needs to travel a certain distance or it could use limit switches at the top and bottom of travel, but I'm not an engineer. 

I followed the instructions, and it worked correctly a few times then it stop about an inch from being closed, then it went back to the original problem. I'll try again today.

If it's changed again that quickly on it's own it may be binding or have some other problem.

Time to make an appointment so it can be diagnosed.

Edited by redwngr

I've owned a Canyon, two Silverados, and a Volt and every single one has had this problem. Is this a common GM thing? Every single one needed the actuator repaired under warranty

Edited by SummitWhiteT1

I've had about 15 or so GM vehicles (usually 2 here at a time, sometimes there have been 3 or 4) and I've never had to replace an actuator.  A good percentage of them ending up being high mileage vehicles, well out of warranty.

I think I've had to 'reprogram' the window in one of the trucks -- after trying to operate it when it was frozen in place due to freezing rain. 

I'd say that it's not common at all.

YMMV

I've had this issue off and on with my 2019 RST. I've mainly just found that the auto-up is very touchy to ANY disturbance in the window seal. 

Never tried the re-set thing mentioned above. Mine really only does this every once in a while. I usually clear my window seal/edge of any dirt or debris, then it works normally again. 

• 3 weeks later...

My 2019 Trail Boss also had this issue. The drivers window would roll half way up and then back down when using the auto up. It was very random as to when it did it. I tried reprogramming it, but with no success. I also didn't think it was old enough to accrue that much debris and dirt in the window tract. I took it to the dealer and they said they could not replicate it. On my drive home I tried it and it happened 80% of the time so I drove right back. They ended up investigating more and eventually replacing the regulator unit. I would suggest trying for a replacement before the warranty is up, because mine only seemed to get worse. Since the repair it hasn't happened a single time. I can take a picture of my paperwork if that helps anybody.

Edited by Nedwards88