Does anybody else wonder if they should turn their truck back in to GM or am I alone on this?? I’ve had my 2020 Silverado for about 3 months, and I’ve had so many issues with lights and warnings all over my dash popping up, and most of my days off  are spent at the service center! I did NOT buy a new car to only spend my days worrying about its reliability and safety, and also to waste all my free time at the dealership. Is anybody else feeling this way??   I’m thinking I got a lemon from the start! What I’m supposed to do now- I don’t know...

I've gone through the process on another vehicle and it sucks. You need to check your states laws first though and see what the requirements are. The problem you may run into is that your vehicle has to have a certain amount of failed attempts to repair the same issue and/or be in service continuously for a certain amount of time within a certain time period.

If you are having a lot of unrelated, different issues as I have with mine, that makes it more difficult and you may not qualify. It also depends what the issues are, some things that are just annoyances and should work on a brand new vehicle will not meet the criteria as they don't necessarily impede the operation of the vehicle.

When I went through it, took about 4 months and I had had major, consistent issues with my vehicle that kept it from even being started or were a safety hazard.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Sntos20RST said:

Does anybody else wonder if they should turn their truck back in to GM or am I alone on this?? I’ve had my 2020 Silverado for about 3 months, and I’ve had so many issues with lights and warnings all over my dash popping up, and most of my days off  are spent at the service center! I did NOT buy a new car to only spend my days worrying about its reliability and safety, and also to waste all my free time at the dealership. Is anybody else feeling this way??   I’m thinking I got a lemon from the start! What I’m supposed to do now- I don’t know...

Once you sign on the dotted line it is yours, some check engine lights and random annoyances will not be enough to get a buy back IMO but you can try. I understand your frustration but it is as simple as this, if buy backs were easy everyone would do it. You will need well documented issues that continue to occur regardless of how many attempts the dealer try's to fix it and even then jumping through hoops will be a common theme to get a buy back.

10 minutes ago, Grey Jay said:

I would give anything to ditch my GM and go back to toyota

I just bought a 2020 Tundra TRD off road! Still got my 2008 Sierra Vortec max, but would never buy another current GM. 

https://www.crowntoyota.ca/inventory/new-2020-toyota-tundra-4wd-sr5-awd-pickup-truck-in-winnipeg-mb-5tfdy5f14lx938036

Edited by Pinnacle

36 minutes ago, Pinnacle said:

I just bought a 2020 Tundra TRD off road! Still got my 2008 Sierra Vortec max, but would never buy another current GM. 

https://www.crowntoyota.ca/inventory/new-2020-toyota-tundra-4wd-sr5-awd-pickup-truck-in-winnipeg-mb-5tfdy5f14lx938036

The Tundra loses me with the pre-2010 interior design, without a doubt the most dated interior imo on the market for both cars and trucks. Would be a great truck if Toyota still cared about it, and gave it even just a little love.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BIGDOGx said:

The Tundra loses me with the pre-2010 interior design, without a doubt the most dated interior imo on the market for both cars and trucks. Would be a great truck if Toyota still cared about it, and gave it even just a little love.

I wasnt asking for your opinion. The truck has everything one needs, and is the most comfortable.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I understand your frustration but it is as simple as this, if buy backs were easy everyone would do it.

The problem with the current laws, in my opinion, is it is too difficult to win a lemon law case. I get that it isn't right for everyone to be trying to get buybacks, but the problem is that there a numerous issues, often without fixes that people basically have to live with or sell the vehicle at a loss.

I can't really think of any other piece of equipment that I would be ok keeping and be unable to return if some of the features didn't work and were unable to be repaired.

If the laws required the manufacturer to do more buybacks for basically anything they were unable to fix, they would either drastically improve their quality control or go out of business.

If these problems were universal to all manufacturers, maybe it would be a little different, but when my wife's Mazda, which costs 20k less and has more technology in it than my Denali works perfectly all the time, it isn't right that other manufacturers get away with shoddy products. We, as consumers, shouldn't accept it and the laws should be in our favor, not the companies putting out a bad product because they can.

I Lemoned my 2016 SLT Sierra . In in Ca 

Numerous issues but my steering wheel clicking was what pushed me to win my case 

They fixed it 4 different times and every time it would start to click when turning the steering wheel left and right 

The 4th time, as soon as i drove off the lot after picking it up from service started clicking right away . 

I called the BBB,. and literally after 40 days , i had my down , and 14 months of payments in my hand 

GM did call me and try to low ball me with some bogus offers which i declined ,

The problem with the current laws, in my opinion, is it is too difficult to win a lemon law case. I get that it isn't right for everyone to be trying to get buybacks, but the problem is that there a numerous issues, often without fixes that people basically have to live with or sell the vehicle at a loss.

I can't really think of any other piece of equipment that I would be ok keeping and be unable to return if some of the features didn't work and were unable to be repaired.

If the laws required the manufacturer to do more buybacks for basically anything they were unable to fix, they would either drastically improve their quality control or go out of business.

If these problems were universal to all manufacturers, maybe it would be a little different, but when my wife's Mazda, which costs 20k less and has more technology in it than my Denali works perfectly all the time, it isn't right that other manufacturers get away with shoddy products. We, as consumers, shouldn't accept it and the laws should be in our favor, not the companies putting out a bad product because they can.

I agree completely. I really don’t think it should just be drivability and safety that would warrant a buy back. Today, we buy vehicles based of features and options available, idk what OP is having issues with, but if his lane keep assist isn’t working for example and the dealership has done things to correct the issue but fails.. that isn’t the customers fault. He bought a product that isn’t working as advertised/intended and GM should eat the cost. Just like something you buy on amazon that you return for not working. I do know people would take advantage of this, which is why it probably is the way it is. However, things have changed in the last decade and the buyback/lemon laws should be updated according.