Would you rebuy 2019/2020 GM truck?

RE1

6 hours ago, Philipgonzales3 said:

This is the LT interior from the current gen silverados.  Looks the same as all the other trims except no full middle console and gold bowtie instead of black. Looks pretty much the same as your GMC interior to me...

dims.jpeg

Wrong, the Chevy doesn’t have those hideous aluminum knobs for the controls like the GMC. ?

I dunno what they were thinkin. Rubber coating with chrome trim just looks and feels better.

• 2 weeks later...

I am afraid I cannot recommend a new GMC Sierra to you.

I picked up my first GMC Sierra (AT4 with the 6.2 and 10 speed) in late December 2019.

I am currently at 10,000 miles.

Here is a list of the items that have occurred thus far:

1) Valve Lifter failure. Took a whole week to fix it.

2) Truck pulled to the right. They checked the wheel alignment and found a problem that they resolved. Went back a second time because I could still feel a pull to the right and they claimed that being in AUTO mode at that time made it pull to the right. Not sure I agree with that resolution.

3) Whole day in the body shop so that they could remove the front bumper and re-align it. It was not fitted correctly at the factory and had missing/bent brackets.

4) Camera system failed with message "Service Camera System". Dealer said they could not find any problems and it went away after restarting engine.

5) Camera system blue screened again today, maybe 6 months after the item above. Scheduled to go back into the dealer in 2 days to have them look at it again.

6) Multiple recalls. Some performed on the day I purchased it and the Brake System Malfunction Warning one when they were working the Valve Lift Failure.

I traded in an almost 5 yr old RAM 1500 Hemi with the 8-speed. It was flawless! The only problem it had was a failed battery at 4.5 years that I quickly replaced. 

GMC need to do better than this.

I want to love this AT4, the 6.2 and 10-speed is so good, but its already spent more time at the dealer than any other vehicle I have owned in 31 yrs of driving and I've owned many different brands.

So with that, I cannot recommend a GMC Sierra at this time. Sorry.

Edited by carpendj

On 8/13/2020 at 7:14 AM, steve841 said:

I did ...

Had a 19 High Country with 6.2L ...

Could not take the crappy mileage anymore... 

That combined with the long 0% financing ... 

I got a 20 GMC Denali with the 3L diesel ...

Other than missing the power tail gate, love the 20.

Crappy mileage??? My 6.2 AT4 easily gets 19-22 every week. A few months back I drove from Austin Texas to the Gulf coast. About a 4 hr drive, 4 people, bed full of stuff....average was 24.1 mpg.  What were you getting in that High Country?

4 minutes ago, carpendj said:

Crappy mileage??? My 6.2 AT4 easily gets 19-22 every week. A few months back I drove from Austin Texas to the Gulf coast. About a 4 hr drive, 4 people, bed full of stuff....average was 24.1 mpg.  What were you getting in that High Country?

Hypermiling I managed 24.  My usual real world was 16.  Towing 8-11.

the diesel I’ve hit 28,  real world 21, towing 11-14.

To me those are real improvements.

• Like 1