Would you rebuy 2019/2020 GM truck?

RE1

1 minute ago, Grumpy Bear said:

My mother totaled a car dad bought driving off the lot. Ownership time under 3 minutes. I test drove a T1 and on that drive concluded with a I own was not giving away a thing. Test drive was over three minutes. Would signing a title have made my opinion less valid? I think not. 

Your logic is irrational. You never OWNED the truck. You test drove it.  There is a huge difference. This thread is for people who OWN the truck.  You seem like an intelligent old man, but your posts on this thread are making you look/sound quite foolish. 
Also many trucks drive/ride different. My first K2 truck rode totally different than my second and third one. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TNTSilverado said:

Your logic is irrational. You never OWNED the truck. You test drove it.  There is a huge difference. This thread is for people who OWN the truck.  You seem like an intelligent old man, but your posts on this thread are making you look/sound quite foolish. 
Also many trucks drive/ride different. My first K2 truck rode totally different than my second and third one. 

Like most with an agenda you state your opinion as a fact. Fine. Let's work with that as you wish to test my rationality.  

If I would have drove it off the lot title in hand but only drove it 20 minutes before totaling it THEN my opinion would be valid? Is that what your saying? Yea, pretty much.  

Talk about irrational. So how long do you have to OWN a thing to have a valid opinion? Doesn't say in the title.....obviously more than 20 minutes. Would an hour do? A day? A week? A month? A year? When does it become rational.

Talk about a foolish thing to say.....how long do you have to screw to loose your virginity?

:dunno: 

I drove it. Didn't like it. Get over it.

Move on.

How about it Batman, what do ya think about them crows?

:crackup:

4 minutes ago, Grumpy Bear said:

Like most with an agenda you state your opinion as a fact. Fine. Let's work with that as you wish to test my rationality.  

If I would have drove it off the lot title in hand but only drove it 20 minutes before totaling it THEN my opinion would be valid? Is that what your saying? Yea, pretty much.  

Talk about irrational. So how long do you have to OWN a thing to have a valid opinion? Doesn't say in the title.....obviously more than 20 minutes. Would an hour do? A day? A week? A month? A year? When does it become rational.

Talk about a foolish thing to say.....how long do you have to screw to loose your virginity?

:dunno: 

I drove it. Didn't like it. Get over it.

Move on.

How about it Batman, what do ya think about them crows?

Man you have totally lost it. Irrational at its finest folks. 

How about this!  Instead of wasting all your time trying to one up me or anyone else on this forum. Get out your little blue pill, shut off your computer. Flush your pill down with a glass of nice cold milk, and use this aggression/tension you have on your wife.  Then tomorrow morning your can change your avatar name from Grumpy Bear to Happy Rejuvenated Papa Bear.

good night and sleep tight 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Grumpy Bear said:

Did you miss the UGLY part? 

Why buy again what I wouldn't buy to begin with.  

Don't you talk about Pepper like that. Shes a sensitive girl. :) She now has 126 K on the clock and has yet to show a single issue attributed to the K2** trucks. Not a single one. She's been a perfect lady. 

I don't care how much money the Governor's has, his daughter is ugly and I'm not asking her to the dance. 

OH I sat in one. Lord that seat is crap. Did they get that from a kindergarten class room?

My seat doesn't squeak and it isn't loose. Don't get fresh with me young man. The gall of some people!

13 hours ago, Grumpy Bear said:

You would not believe how much better my Stihl equipment runs on my $5 'brew' over $38 Stihl fuel. Not even if you held it in your hand your own self. Says something about bias doesn't it? 

Word twister eh? Didn't say a thing about it's reliability. Said it was too ugly to buy. 

1 hour ago, Grumpy Bear said:

My mother totaled a car dad bought driving off the lot. Ownership time under 3 minutes. I test drove a T1 and on that drive concluded with a I own was not giving away a thing. Test drive was over three minutes. Would signing a title have made my opinion less valid? I think not. If I didn't buy it the first time I sure wouldn't a second. Done and Dun. 

So the guy with a 2015 V-6 lowest trim level and weakest engine Chevy has ever put in a half ton says that he is totally happy with his said vehicle and thinks the T-1 is a POS?

spacer.png

Again, I'm sure you would love the Crew Cab or AT4 threads where other people like yourself who had zero clue what they were buying or have inferiority complexes, knock those who chose nicer vehicles. How do you feel about a back seat? How about leather? How about navigation? Cameras? Center console? Powered seats? I mean I could go on and on... you have a stripped out underpowered work truck and are knocking people buying the best half ton that money can buy? LMAO, only on this forum. 

I'm sure this guy's POS work truck is a total cream puff, but for those who actually can afford a new truck with a couple bells and whistles my answer would be that the jury is still out as to whether I would buy one again. So far the answer is yes, but with all the recalls thus far I'm not 100% confident that these are 200-250k mile vehicles, which is what I thought I was purchasing and would probably have looked elsewhere if I thought it wouldn't be...

Edited by Ted Turner

One up you? Wow, that says you believe your solidly in the argument. 

Multiple T1 threads and depending on length of ownership to comment on. I've commented on both. One before the test drive and one after. Made little difference. Made no difference. 

IMG_1395.thumb.JPG.c7b3159fd0e341b962046e45cce850a0.JPG

Peppers clone in a T1. This is the one I test drove. Wait, the clone does not exist. This is an 8 foot box version. I have yet to see a WT1 6.5 box in 2WD. 

Okay, so it has the larger tank and more bed and the weight is about that same as Pepper with the shorter box. Sounds good, eh? Not so much. It has about a 20% larger frontal area and a stiffer chassis which translated into a truck that bunny hops worse that Pepper ever did and gets worse mileage. It is also not tune-able at any rational cost. Thousands instead of hundreds to tune. Thank the powers that be the 6L80E was still available (and sadly un-tune-able) and yet this unit worked pretty good. The seat was an absolute joke and the paint.... I thought it couldn't be worse...yea I was wrong. I didn't think the interior could get cheaper. I was again wrong. 

I don't have to eat crap to know I don't like it. I got close, it stunk and I pasted it by. If I spend every dime I spent on Pepper on a T1 it wouldn't be half the truck. And that is frankly impossible. Everything for the T1 is multiples higher (tune) to do and somethings are not even yet available. Even if not, it's shear size (frontal area) will preclude it from being anywhere near as efficient in any way that matters. They make a one percent improvement and then do something that takes away 5%. 

You can attack till the cows come home and it won't change an thing. It's a friggin Edsel. IMHO

I've owned three Honda Civics. 98 , 03, 06. Each IMPROVEMENT got worse and worse until......I don't buy anymore Honda's.  GM is getting to be the same pile O' crap. You want to give away your hard earned on less, be my guest. 

You can't even make your argument so you petition the crowd for support? Look folks how I'm whooping this old fart. :crackup:

Use the right photo. Something current when you quote me. 

InkedIMG_0179_LI.thumb.jpg.622448e1144a9012c6e7a1268df0e02c.jpg

I"m still waiting for Batman. It's a good joke...promise....  

6 hours ago, Grumpy Bear said:

One up you? Wow, that says you believe your solidly in the argument. 

Multiple T1 threads and depending on length of ownership to comment on. I've commented on both. One before the test drive and one after. Made little difference. Made no difference. 

IMG_1395.thumb.JPG.c7b3159fd0e341b962046e45cce850a0.JPG

Peppers clone in a T1. This is the one I test drove. Wait, the clone does not exist. This is an 8 foot box version. I have yet to see a WT1 6.5 box in 2WD. 

Okay, so it has the larger tank and more bed and the weight is about that same as Pepper with the shorter box. Sounds good, eh? Not so much. It has about a 20% larger frontal area and a stiffer chassis which translated into a truck that bunny hops worse that Pepper ever did and gets worse mileage. It is also not tune-able at any rational cost. Thousands instead of hundreds to tune. Thank the powers that be the 6L80E was still available (and sadly un-tune-able) and yet this unit worked pretty good. The seat was an absolute joke and the paint.... I thought it couldn't be worse...yea I was wrong. I didn't think the interior could get cheaper. I was again wrong. 

I don't have to eat crap to know I don't like it. I got close, it stunk and I pasted it by. If I spend every dime I spent on Pepper on a T1 it wouldn't be half the truck. And that is frankly impossible. Everything for the T1 is multiples higher (tune) to do and somethings are not even yet available. Even if not, it's shear size (frontal area) will preclude it from being anywhere near as efficient in any way that matters. They make a one percent improvement and then do something that takes away 5%. 

You can attack till the cows come home and it won't change an thing. It's a friggin Edsel. IMHO

I've owned three Honda Civics. 98 , 03, 06. Each IMPROVEMENT got worse and worse until......I don't buy anymore Honda's.  GM is getting to be the same pile O' crap. You want to give away your hard earned on less, be my guest. 

You can't even make your argument so you petition the crowd for support? Look folks how I'm whooping this old fart. :crackup:

Use the right photo. Something current when you quote me. 

InkedIMG_0179_LI.thumb.jpg.622448e1144a9012c6e7a1268df0e02c.jpg

I"m still waiting for Batman. It's a good joke...promise....  

I knew that a group was called a murder but I didn't know what 2 meant. Google said it was attempted murder lol

• Haha 1

Here’s how your story and reasoning is irrational.  

you chose to drive ONE truck for 3 minutes and the lowest grade WT GM offers. LMFAO.  Are you kidding me???  SMH

Also, second when I bought my truck I test drove it for 10 minutes. It didn’t impress me much over my K2 at first but I bought it because of the 0% interest, plus I got discounts on it, and I got a heck of deal on my 2018 (drove it 2 years paid $45k for it and got $42k on trade in)

here is where on your 3 min test drive you don’t get to appreciate the truck:

The rear cabs in these trucks are so much roomier. The rear center counsel cup holders, air vents, and rear heated seats are fantastic and huge upgrade over K2 trucks. The engine combinations are amazing. The steering, road manners, and comfort of the T1s trump the K2s. I take this truck everywhere. Heck it took me almost a year to put 10k miles on my 2018. I’ve had this T1 for 4 months and have almost 8k miles on it. I love driving it. (Remember I owned 3 K2 trucks) 

The cameras and infotainment make the truck so much easier to park and deal with in a daily basis. The cabin layout and interior is simple and easy to use.  (Even you’re  tired old @$$ couldn’t mess it up) All these things you can’t appreciate in a 3 min test drive. THIS is how your reasoning is irrational. 

hopefully you took my advice from last night and we can see a happy bear from now on

have a fantastic day and rest of your weekend. I’m going to go drive my T1 to my grandfathers house for a family gathering and cook him a steak! I know he won’t be grumpy and irrational!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Would I rebuy my 2019 GMC? Yes.14000 miles works perfect best truck ever owned. Tow a 21ft Bigfoot trailer works great. Only thing that has been a problem is the Z31 emblem has sharp points on the Z part that catches microfiber towel. GM should issue a recall on this.       

Edited by Welder2014
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 8/17/2020 at 5:12 AM, winks79 said:

I do not know one single person, other than a couple of comments on this forum, that has bought a truck for what size the screen is. If that is your priority that is fine, go buy the other brands. Most buy a truck for its reliability and functionality as a truck. So I agree with your comment that most could care less about the screen size. Heck, most are perfectly happy with the 8 inch. It is a very small fraction of the consumer that they will lose over screen size.

Now that being said, if they are going to put a larger screen in them, it does need to be integrated into the dash as the current 8 inch is. I don't care for the new Tahoe/Yukon slapped on version that they did. The new Ford screen looks like it belongs, even though it is way too big for my taste, where as the new Tahoe/Yukon looks like an afterthought. I really like the 8 inch current version myself. To each their own though, but it would never keep me from buying the truck!

I dont like new Tahoe interior either...... Ipad sticking up from dash looks like it doesnt belong.....integrate it into dash like Ram and Ford.......8in is enough for me i dont really use it that much anyway.....when driving buttons are easier .....try keeping fingertips steady on info screen in an empty 2500 on city freeway, lol.......even in my 1500 was bit tricky

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dunn said:

I dont like new Tahoe interior either...... Ipad sticking up from dash looks like it doesnt belong.....integrate it into dash like Ram and Ford.......8in is enough for me i dont really use it that much anyway.....when driving buttons are easier .....try keeping fingertips steady on info screen in an empty 2500 on city freeway, lol.......even in my 1500 was bit tricky

I love the new interior but I'm old school enough to want my column shifter (because truck) and have no use for the big screen even though it looks cool. The buttons on the back of my steering wheel are the best thing since sliced bread and my phone just connects with bluetooth. Wireless apple Carplay would be awesome if it let me (heart) songs on Spotify. Have never wanted to connect my phone with a cord every time I get in so I never use Carplay. 

Column shift will be hard for me to let go of, but you know change is coming at some point. 

I think functionally the current interior is real good. I like the layout. Screen is (I guess) small by today’s standards but it’s very responsive and easy to work. The overall ho-hum fit and finish, and lack of character is disappointing for the price I paid. But the benefits outweighed the negatives for me.

Dynamically the T1 is a hundred times better. People piss and moan about the tune-ability but fail to mention that these trucks don’t really need it. Not compared to a clunky, lazy K2 with obnoxious AFM and god awful transmission tuning.

Features are also much improved. HUD, camera mirror, keyless go, heated rear seats with normal vents, etc.

I would buy my truck again, but not right now. Too damn close to the refresh. I plan to trade in 2022, but if something changes I’d also be fine keeping this truck for many years. So I guess the short answer is yes. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Ted Turner said:

So the guy with a 2015 V-6 lowest trim level and weakest engine Chevy has ever put in a half ton says that he is totally happy with his said vehicle and thinks the T-1 is a POS?

Seriously? 

I'm going to let you Google that and try again. 

:idiot:

Been awhile since I've heard such an ignorant statement.

13 minutes ago, Grumpy Bear said:

Seriously? 

I'm going to let you Google that and try again. 

:idiot:

Been awhile since I've heard such an ignorant statement.

Hmmm not ignorant... I think Ted hit the nail on the head.

Edited by mafd2