Would you rebuy 2019/2020 GM truck?

RE1

35 minutes ago, Duramax3oh said:

@Grumpy Bear  you now have your own thread to share your thoughts.  Let's quit arguing on this one over senseless stuff

So the answer is " judged superior based on the totality of your qualities, features and experience? 

Wise choice.

• Like 1

I have a 2020 Chevy Silverado LTZ double cab I got in March it has 12800 miles and I have not had any problems. So far it's been the best truck I have ever had and I'v had a lot of Chevy trucks. From what I have learned it will be the last model year for double cab LTZ trucks. So this one could be my last. So yes I would buy it again.

tnw1.PNG

• Like 3

I would and in fact just did! 

I had a 2019 GMC Carbon Pro - photo attached.  I stareted to tow more often and found the camera system did not have the trailer see though and the mirrors while great for everyday work, did not allow great vision around an enclosed trailer.  

I found a 2020 Carbon Pro with tow mirrors and the updated camera tech and traded the 2019 for the 2020 last week.  Trucks have exact same options - except the mirrors and the 2020 tech for the cameras.  I swapped out the Method wheels to new truck - but left Ready Lift SST level kit on 2019 (so that was $1,000 spent) 

Went from 8,600 miles to 3 - both are leased - dealer took my old lease, gave me new lease - 3 yr/36k - interest rates are down - so pmt was $20 less per month - drive off's were $1,108 of which $730 was my first lease payment - so cost me $1362 (drive off's plus RL SST kit on 2019) to get a new truck, with mirrors I needed and will get $720 of those dollars back in pmt. savings, so essentially new truck for $642.  Sometimes you just luck out!

1403036657_TruckTrailer-Day1-1.thumb.JPG.ad35b1f5431aa8d5eb9c7df4feff70a2.JPGDP.thumb.JPG.6d7e9fb393fc50a3b92cff07f48b752e.JPG

Edited by Supercup
  • Like 3

Started with a 2019 LT Z71 5.3L 8 speed.  Best truck I had ever owned to that point (also my first truck ever). Only ever had 1 real issue with the truck.  Hard downshift from 2 to 1 where it feels like you've been rear ended.  Was happy with the truck.  Had most of the features I wanted, leather, heated seats, keyless entry/remote start, etc.  Plenty of space for the fam and our dog.  And plenty of space in the trunk for all of our junk.  (I use it like a trunk more than a bed haha).  Sold this truck at 12K miles and 14 months of ownership.  Dealer said hard shift was normal.  Sold my truck for 6K in equity and used that towards a 2020.

Upgraded to a 2020 6.2L 10 speed RST, Z71, All Star, Leather, safety, convinence I and convinence II.  Truck drives like a dream.  Transmission is buttery smooth and the truck has passing power for days!  I like that I got the parking sensors as I hit a pole in a parking lot once in the old one.  

So yes I would/did.  But never ever want to get into an 8 speed again. 

• Like 3

My 2020 6.2 at4 is the best vehicle I’ve owned. I was between this new at4 abd a raptor with 20k miles. As I have not felt the need to ramp my truck off road yet, I’m super happy with my decision. It’s just a really smooth and great looking truck 

• Like 3

These are the comments I come here to see. People who actually own the truck and have driven it to enjoy it. Real world seat time.   The T1 drives so much better than the K2 trucks. Looks are subjective but I think they look really aggressive. Kudos to GM for going outside the box on a very “controversial” design that I really like. 

Edited by TNTSilverado
  • Like 4

Yes I would. I have a 2019 GMC AT4

Has not been in for anything yet except two recalls (all vehicles get them so I won't hold this against them)

Never let me down, never left me stranded, never been an issue.

great truck

• Like 1

On 8/24/2020 at 6:46 AM, AdamAT4 said:

Biggest would be that its pointless, costs me a lot if extra money to run and I get nothing out of it. I had 5.3 before and it wasn't even close to my ford on gas so I didn't want another but I didn't realize at the time the 6.2 needed premium fuel.

I figured it was same as the 6.4 hemi, in the jeep or challenger it requires 91 but in the trucks it uses 87.

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk

So you wouldn't get the 6.2 again because of fuel costs therefore you're looking at the TRX instead? 

So you wouldn't get the 6.2 again because of fuel costs therefore you're looking at the TRX instead? 
The TRX is worth it, The AT4 isn't.

Currently I'm paying a premium for a truck that isn't a premium. The 5.3 is not a good V8, we have many of each at work and the 5.3 gets poor fuel economy other than that its no different from an F150 5.0Lor Ram 1500 5.7L, the 6.2 doesn't seem any different. If i was on a blind drive I wouldn't know if it was a 5.3 or 6.2

The TRX yeah it requires 91 and will not get amazing economy but its got the suspension, power, looks and pedigree to be worth it.

My AT4 is no different really than a " grandpa" truck, we all like to think the AT4 is so much more and I do as well to keep me from complaining every time it costs me over $100 to fuel the pig up. The AT4 meets most of my needs which is why I bought it. I'm a non brand loyal person and when I decided to step down from a 3/4 to a 1/2 ton i skipped the F150 as i knew a new truck was coming and I really wanted a raptor but didn't think I could live with the short box, the Ram had a very nice interior but I really like the look of the HD more and mega cab so I knew I'd feel like I cheaped out. When I seen the AT4 I liked it for the 10 speed, its probably off-road capable enough but at least i got a standard box size and also I didn't have to get the 5.3

Had I known how garage the adaptive cruise is and no rain sensing wipers (sales person lied) and it needed 91 i probably would of got the raptor if I could of just got a few more grand off, if not I'd put a 4" bds on the ram and enjoyed plenty of grunt and 87 fuel costs with a 40% larger fuel tank.

2020 AT4 5.3 / 10 speed with 15.7k miles. Purchased in December 2019. Love this truck and will keep it. But it’s hard to say whether I would buy it again because it depends on what else is in the market. For example, I just put a reservation on a 2021 Ferd Br0nc0, so technically I did not buy it again. But that is not because I have any issues with it at all - just the opposite. Blows my 2015 All Terrain out of the water.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

7 hours ago, AdamAT4 said:

The TRX is worth it, The AT4 isn't.

Currently I'm paying a premium for a truck that isn't a premium. The 5.3 is not a good V8, we have many of each at work and the 5.3 gets poor fuel economy other than that its no different from an F150 5.0Lor Ram 1500 5.7L, the 6.2 doesn't seem any different. If i was on a blind drive I wouldn't know if it was a 5.3 or 6.2

The TRX yeah it requires 91 and will not get amazing economy but its got the suspension, power, looks and pedigree to be worth it.

My AT4 is no different really than a " grandpa" truck, we all like to think the AT4 is so much more and I do as well to keep me from complaining every time it costs me over $100 to fuel the pig up. The AT4 meets most of my needs which is why I bought it. I'm a non brand loyal person and when I decided to step down from a 3/4 to a 1/2 ton i skipped the F150 as i knew a new truck was coming and I really wanted a raptor but didn't think I could live with the short box, the Ram had a very nice interior but I really like the look of the HD more and mega cab so I knew I'd feel like I cheaped out. When I seen the AT4 I liked it for the 10 speed, its probably off-road capable enough but at least i got a standard box size and also I didn't have to get the 5.3

Had I known how garage the adaptive cruise is and no rain sensing wipers (sales person lied) and it needed 91 i probably would of got the raptor if I could of just got a few more grand off, if not I'd put a 4" bds on the ram and enjoyed plenty of grunt and 87 fuel costs with a 40% larger fuel tank.

I got 21mpg with my 2018 5.3L and 20mpg with my 2020 5.3L. 18-19mpg with DFM & auto stop/start disabled.... shrug.... Also, it costs you $100 to fill up your truck? Do you live in California? At the price of premium around here it would cost maybe $60 at most. You also say the 5.3 is no different than Fords 5.0, Ram 5.7 and basically the 6.2 ??? Is there a modern V8 you've driven and do like? 

It sounds like you just really want something new and different from everything else out there right now. Personally I'm trying to hold out for the next Tundra.

• Like 2