Would you rebuy 2019/2020 GM truck?

RE1

On 8/15/2020 at 11:24 AM, hotrodz37 said:

I drove a brand new trail boss this morning that arrived at the dealer yesterday and was built earlier this month. It had an E9 window which was known to be a leaker. I can’t believe they’re still putting them in brand new trucks.

My 2019 Denali had the E9 window replaced with the E4 which has the updated frame and hasn’t leaked since.

Crazy they haven’t sorted it out yet. Guess they’re just trying to use the leftover windows until they run out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had an E4 installed after the E2 leaked and the E4 leaked too. Now they are putting the bead of caulk/sealant over the E4s since they leak too.

On 8/15/2020 at 2:52 PM, econometrics said:

I don’t think the avg consumer is going to consider one screen “outclassed” by the other over a measly 1.8”. The functionality of the screen at these sizes is what matters. GM’s Infotainment 3 is excellent, simple and capable. 

I do not know one single person, other than a couple of comments on this forum, that has bought a truck for what size the screen is. If that is your priority that is fine, go buy the other brands. Most buy a truck for its reliability and functionality as a truck. So I agree with your comment that most could care less about the screen size. Heck, most are perfectly happy with the 8 inch. It is a very small fraction of the consumer that they will lose over screen size.

Now that being said, if they are going to put a larger screen in them, it does need to be integrated into the dash as the current 8 inch is. I don't care for the new Tahoe/Yukon slapped on version that they did. The new Ford screen looks like it belongs, even though it is way too big for my taste, where as the new Tahoe/Yukon looks like an afterthought. I really like the 8 inch current version myself. To each their own though, but it would never keep me from buying the truck!

Edited by winks79
  • Like 2

I came from a 2016 F-150 XLT 4x4 to a 2019 Silverado RST 4x4.

Both have their pros and cons. Silverado was all-new for 2019 and I got $10k off. Unusual to see a $10k off MSRP for a first-year model!

The 2019 Silverado gets much better gas mileage (with a very little power loss), I can lie down in the "short" 5.8' bed while the "short" 5.5' bed in the F-150 required me to sleep diagonally and both ends would still touch the wall since it was also much narrower inside so I had to get the long bed. Silverado seems to have more handling and reliability issues, I've gotten it repaired a few times, never had to do that with the two F-150's I owned since new.

Would I jump from a 2016 F-150 XLT 4x4 to a 2019 Silverado RST 4x4 again? Yeah.

If I was coming from a super-reliable 2016 Range Rover pick-up to a 2019 Silverado, probably not, but then again, there are no Range Rover pick-ups.. and, if it existed, it sure as ****** wouldn't be super-reliable.

• Like 1

No, had a 1971 Chevy and a 2007 Chevy and both were rock solid with well over 150k miles and still running. However the 2019 TB had waaay too many issues in this first year/15k miles and I bought it late in the MY (June 2019 build). Thanks to COVID I sold it with barely taking a hit but the time I spent at the Chevy dealership waiting for their crappy shuttle or getting sent to Enterprise for a loaner I will never get back.

• Like 1

2019 Trail Boss and No. If I could go back I would have just kept my 2014 Tundra. My biggest issue is the driver seat. Never had an issue with any other vehicle in my life to include being in the military most of my adult life driving multiple different vehicles. And still don't have any issues with any other vehicle I drive. But I do think the TB is the best looking truck out there.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Yes no problem. I have had a 2018 Sierra that was plagued with the highway vibration that couldn't be resolved.  A 2018 Silverado that was perfect but got wrecked by an a-hole.  A 2019 Trail Boss that had lots of problems but I loved it anyways...and now a 2020 Trail Boss that didn't leave the lot with 14 miles before a check engine light.  And I'll buy another one.    

My tolerance is high though, and I'm a GM fan I guess for what that's worth. I'm the guy who replaced his rear slider with solid glass DIY, and I'd do that again anytime over buying a Ford or Dodge and hoping they don't have any problems.   I think people believe GM's quality control is poor, which it *could* be, but my opinion and experience in the industry as a shop owner is that technology is outpacing the ability to service it on the backed for ALL new cars. This isn't limited to GM.  

Edited by Leevon
  • Like 1

Yes absolutely. My '19 TB was recall prone and the 8 speed is tough to get used to lol, chalk part of it up to first model year I guess. When I bought it I wanted the 6.2 with the 10 speed, but it wasn't available. So I settled.  

I'm friends with the GM of my Chevy dealer and asked him how much of a bath I'd take on my '19 because I saw a '20 with the 6.2 was dealer ordered.

He offered me $1500 less than what I paid for my new '19 after 18 months of hard use and 31k miles. Then I got over 10k off my new '20. So when Chevy debuts it's ZRX and an LT4 sits in that thing, I'll end up getting that truck too.

Yep, sure would. Although...I’ve only owned it for a month haha. I have the 20 crew cab Elevation. The size and ride are great, just generally more comfortable than the 16 Tacoma I had. I really did like that truck, but wanted to try full size, and like others said, I got a stupid good trade in deal. The Tacoma had a park/neutral switch failure that made it un-drivable, just out of warranty. Wouldn’t stop me from buying another Toyota. ****** happens.
As of now, if I stay full size, I’ll get another GM, next time I’ll know I like it and I’ll move up to a trim level or two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17 minutes ago, Grumpy Bear said:

NO!

Can I vote as often as I want to? Is there a camera hidden somewhere? Will Ed McMahon be coming over? Is a purchase necessary? 

:rollin:

Looks like Edsel Ford designed that thing

Do you even own a "19/'20? Or are you still driving tbe vibrating shakerado with the loose popping seat? Show us your '19/'20 truck and tell us the problem you have with it. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1