Would you rebuy 2019/2020 GM truck?

RE1

2020 AT4 6.2L fully loaded with pretty much every package. Coming from 2015 All-Terrain (which i loved) I would most certainly upgrade to the 2020 again. The bigger back seat for the kids, the rear ac vents, rear heated seats....all the camera upgrades! I have not found anything I don't like just yet except for the auto cut-off crap that all cars have standard now

just depends.......they all have their issues and there is no way to defend against one buying a "problem child".

doesnt matter the manufacturer look in any forum and you will see same stories

GM are generally pretty solid but perfect?....no way

bought 2 in last year and yes i would buy another

Edited by Dunn

On 8/12/2020 at 5:55 AM, 2020AT4 said:

Yes! I was originally going to get a 2019 AT4. I test drove one, and like a previous comment said "the seats are horrible!" Before I ordered mine I test drove a 2019 AT4 and thought the same thing, "The seats are stiff and uncomfortable, but maybe they're just so new and haven't broken in yet." I wanted a 6-1/2' box, not the 5-1/2' box. Apparently all the dealerships are mostly trying to sell 5-1/2' boxes because they searched a 500 mile radius and couldn't find a single AT4 with a 6-1/2' box. They told me I'd have to order one from the factory...no biggie, I wasn't in any rush; plus that gave me some time to sell my Ford Escape. Once I got looking at the difference between the 19's and the 20's I noticed the 20's have adaptive cruise control, I ordered a 20 instead of a 19 for only $250 more. Once I got mine the seats were nice & soft, nothing like the stiff-as-a-board ones I remembered in the 19 that I test drove.

It's had a couple issues here and there, but the dealership has been pretty good about fixing them right away. I did have to get the entire nav/xm/radio/etc thing replaced within the first month or so of having it because it wouldn't turn on some times. It still has it's little hiccups now & again, but so does my phone, I guess.

All in all, I've only had it for a about a year, but it's been a pretty good truck so far. My dog likes it too; 14 years old and she still goes pretty much everywhere with me. My dad even just recently bought a 2020 3/4 ton Denali diesel. His only complaint is that his trailering mirrors on his sit up so high they cause a heck of a blind spot up front.

2.png

OMG looks almost like mine.....she just passed away and she was almost 15

4 hours ago, Dunn said:

OMG looks almost like mine.....she just passed away and she was almost 15

I’m sorry to hear that ?

My parents just lost theirs last week, she was almost 14; she had a stroke about 2 weeks before she passed.

My girl is around 14 1/2 and had a stroke about 3 months ago; she’s recovered pretty good. Not exactly back to 100%, but I’d say she came back to about 90% of her old self.

• Like 1

mine had 2 strokes about 1 year ago, but finally she just couldnt walk anymore and other issues....was in alot of pain and looked at me and said "i am done" 0ctober would be 15yrs......it sucks but part of life, anyway this isnt the place for that just caught me off guard as look almost identical......hopefully you have yours awhile they are the BEST!

Edited by Dunn
  • Like 1

Yes...the 6.2L has no equal among the other trucks, is the quietest, smoothest, fastest truck I've had (and have had several, including F150/250s).  Couple random electronic issues, but they all have those now...loving my '20 SLT Max Tow.  I did have an extended stay at the dealer due to a trans leak, but if it weren't for Covid, it would have been simple and quick fix...so I can't hold the extended stay against GM really (was back in March when everything was shut down).  Should a brand new truck have a leaking trans pump?  Nope.  But been smooth sailing since and really enjoy driving it and towing with it. 

I had issues with my F150 with the Ecoboost, and we have a Chrysler Pacifica with the Uconnect, and it has WAY more electronic issues!  We are driving big computers now, bound to be issues with electronics! 

Thanks all. 

So has GM finally sorted out the rear window leaks?  It’s amazing that this could still be going on into August of 2020. 150 pages of leaking windows here does not inspire confidence. 

Edited by RE1

Thanks all. 

So has GM finally sorted out the rear window leaks?  It’s amazing that this could still be going on into August of 2020. 150 pages of leaking windows here does not inspire confidence. 

I drove a brand new trail boss this morning that arrived at the dealer yesterday and was built earlier this month. It had an E9 window which was known to be a leaker. I can’t believe they’re still putting them in brand new trucks.

My 2019 Denali had the E9 window replaced with the E4 which has the updated frame and hasn’t leaked since.

Crazy they haven’t sorted it out yet. Guess they’re just trying to use the leftover windows until they run out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just test drove a 2021 Tahoe yesterday. Now I can safely say I would NOT rebuy my 2019. It will be worth it to wait to see if the 2022 Silverados get an interior update like the Tahoe’s. If not, I’m jumping ship to the Tahoe. It was very nice. 

20 minutes ago, econometrics said:

Just test drove a 2021 Tahoe yesterday. Now I can safely say I would NOT rebuy my 2019. It will be worth it to wait to see if the 2022 Silverados get an interior update like the Tahoe’s. If not, I’m jumping ship to the Tahoe. It was very nice. 

Silverado and Tahoe is apples and oranges.  But having seen the new Tahoe resign and its iPad infotainment screen, all I can say is it looks hideous and most people won't want to see that in their Silverado.  While GM screwed up royally, Ford nailed it with their new F-150 12 inch screen mounted in the center stack.  

8 minutes ago, AlaskaErik said:

Silverado and Tahoe is apples and oranges.  But having seen the new Tahoe resign and its iPad infotainment screen, all I can say is it looks hideous and most people won't want to see that in their Silverado.  While GM screwed up royally, Ford nailed it with their new F-150 12 inch screen mounted in the center stack.  

Meh, disagree. Watch the video reviews of the Tahoe/Yukon. You won’t see the reviewers digging the screen. Quite the opposite. 

Then use one in person. It’s quite a great blend between functional and tech-capable.

3 minutes ago, econometrics said:

Meh, disagree. Watch the video reviews of the Tahoe/Yukon. You won’t see the reviewers digging the screen. Quite the opposite. 

Then use one in person. It’s quite a great blend between functional and tech-capable.

I have seen video reviews of the Tahoe and I still think that iPad screen looks hideous.  And its 10.2 inch screen is now the smallest in its class.  Ford and Ram offer 12 inch screens.  GM is bound and determined to let itself be outclassed by Ford and Ram.  The Ford 12 inch screen is going to outclass the GM 10.2 inch screen is just about every way. 

4 minutes ago, AlaskaErik said:

I have seen video reviews of the Tahoe and I still think that iPad screen looks hideous.  And its 10.2 inch screen is now the smallest in its class.  Ford and Ram offer 12 inch screens.  GM is bound and determined to let itself be outclassed by Ford and Ram.  The Ford 12 inch screen is going to outclass the GM 10.2 inch screen is just about every way. 

I don’t think the avg consumer is going to consider one screen “outclassed” by the other over a measly 1.8”. The functionality of the screen at these sizes is what matters. GM’s Infotainment 3 is excellent, simple and capable. 

I love my 2020 Silverado RST CC in Shadow Gray Metallic 5.3l......

Not a single issue and so very comfortable ride......awesome MPG numbers also, beating my '18 Colorado easily.  

YES I would get another one in a heartbeat.