Favorite tonneau cover?

9 minutes ago, Darkfader said:

Thanks Greg, the simplicity is what attracted me to it. The seams are only about 1/4”. As far as install and removal goes, I think it will be quite easy to remove when needed. 

I traded an ‘18 Tacoma for the trail boss and it had a factory Toyota tri-fold. It was heavier and had a bolt to remove. Not super hard but more to do. This one just folds up, secure the keepers, slightly lift and slide toward the rear. Nice and simple. 

That does sound appealing.  Dropped Luke an email so waiting to hear back.  First road trip in the truck in a few weeks so just need something by then.  Appreciate the info.

• Like 1

I have the X15 Pro...great cover. Does leak a little in the corners but nothing major(may be in part to not having the rails perfect during installation). I'd def recommend it...the look of the fabric over the vinyl I think is awesome. No issues cleaning it to this point either.

I'm a big fan of the soft roll-ups. Had always been a huge access fan on all other trucks. This time I decided to go with the GM cover. Very slim and love the way it mounts compared to the old access covers. side bars are a lot more sturdy then the old U clamp style everything stays a lot more flush. only thing i wish was it didn't have the bowtie on it.

https://accessories.chevrolet.com/product/short-bed-soft-roll-up-tonneau-cover-with-chevrolet-bowtie-logo-84701058?year=2019&make=Chevrolet&model=Silverado 1500&modelId=491&body=Crew Cab Pickup&bodyId=22&wheel=Short Box&wheelId=651&trim=LT Trail Boss&trimId=5101&drive=4WD&driveId=8&engine=5.3L V8 GAS&engineId=2059&bodyNumDoors=5&categoryId=98027

Well, went with a Lomax Matte vs Stance as I wasn't comfortable gluing the retainer clips to the roof of the truck to hold it up against the cab.  If the 1/3 position is in the way I'll just lift it off.  Luke was great to work with.  Ordered Wednesday, shipped Thursday, and installed yesterday.  Like it more than expected and does give the truck a nice finished look, and of course hides any gear in the back.  I know it's not impenetrable, but better than just the open bed.  Appreciate your thoughts/guidance on this.

35 minutes ago, Greg Spencer said:

Well, went with a Lomax Matte vs Stance as I wasn't comfortable gluing the retainer clips to the roof of the truck to hold it up against the cab.  If the 1/3 position is in the way I'll just lift it off.  Luke was great to work with.  Ordered Wednesday, shipped Thursday, and installed yesterday.  Like it more than expected and does give the truck a nice finished look, and of course hides any gear in the back.  I know it's not impenetrable, but better than just the open bed.  Appreciate your thoughts/guidance on this.

What did you end paying for it?

On 9/4/2020 at 4:54 AM, LowCountryDenali said:

Nice looking truck. I have the LoMax Access tri fold. Put it on about 6wks ago when I got the truck. Good fit and finish. Tailgate works without interference. Fairly easy install with no drilling required. Took a 700 mile round trip last week and had some rain along the way. Bed was completely dry. $883 at autoanything.com. 

7304B27B-1820-4862-9617-A4126E7BC7CC.jpeg

I like that looks nice,  may have to place my order.

On 9/10/2020 at 8:31 AM, Darkfader said:

I got these too. They fit the holes perfectly and even match the texture of the factory plastic bed rails. Purchased through amazon. 
6EE0DE8C-17B5-44D1-8C25-673254DFF12D.thumb.jpeg.031ea7bac11a93cff21de6d9fed1dc88.jpeg

I also ordered based on your recommendation.  Looks great!  Thx for the post.

Whatever you do do not go with Tonno Pro or order anything from Real Truck or Tonneau cover world. Their customer service is non-existent! My Tonno Pro arrived damaged and I cannot get any one to even answer the phone at either Tonno Pro or Tonneau cover world. They won't answer the phone and after 100 tries, someone does answer, promises you the moon and does't deliver.  No exaggeration! Tonno Pro, Tonneau cover world and real truck are the absolute worst!  Buyer beware!

I went with the Rough Country hard trifold tonneau cover. The top of it is flush with the top of the bed rails, with only the weather stripping being above that. The front 1/3 doesn't fold, but that's okay. If i need that portion of the bed it's very easy to remove the tonneau and sit it on the side or end of the bed.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

I have to throw a recommendation for Truck Alterations and Lomax.   Truck Alterations had the best price and Lomax offers great follow service.   I just received my Lomax yesterday.  When I opened the box, I saw that one of the mounting rails had some scratches on it.   I emailed Lomax this morning and within an hour, I received shipping notice for a new mounting rail.   You can't beat that for customer service.  Nice to see a company stand behind their product and take care of their customers.  

• Like 1