Favorite tonneau cover?

Hi all, 

I just took delivery of my new LT Trail Boss 6.2 last night and I definitely need a tonneau cover. What’s the consensus on a brand that I won’t regret purchasing. I like the looks of the BakFlip MX4, but there are a lot of bad reviews out there. The Chevy tri-fold was another thought, but I can’t really find decent pics of it. I’m open to any and all suggestions, and pics are welcome. Thanks!

9A942DAE-D2F6-4A42-81B8-9C88DB4E6307.thumb.jpeg.954d8ab2be5d25954ab751e9f8223db3.jpeg

6 minutes ago, Darkfader said:

Hi all, 

I just took delivery of my new LT Trail Boss 6.2 last night and I definitely need a tonneau cover. What’s the consensus on a brand that I won’t regret purchasing. I like the looks of the BakFlip MX4, but there are a lot of bad reviews out there. The Chevy tri-fold was another thought, but I can’t really find decent pics of it. I’m open to any and all suggestions, and pics are welcome. Thanks!

9A942DAE-D2F6-4A42-81B8-9C88DB4E6307.thumb.jpeg.954d8ab2be5d25954ab751e9f8223db3.jpeg

Peragon is a great choice.  Will last as long as the truck does.

https://www.peragon.com/?gclid=CjwKCAjwqML6BRAHEiwAdquMnedr5fYqmdIM4NEj_cV9U3RLjrTFBg_opP4_Pgo7Ex3wbFfHNPhZgRoC4q0QAvD_BwE

Edited by btj_z71
Spelling error
  • Thanks 1

Truxedo Truxport for me. Soft cover that folds all way up. I like the price and value. Paid $309 through AutoAnything. I use my whole bed. The trifold hard cover doesn’t let you use 1/3 of the bed with folded up.  I like them but not for my use   
nice purchase. You’ll love the 6.2L. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I've had a few covers over the last couple of years. One reason was my bak roll up failed and had it replaced but got an MX4 instead.

The MX4 has been the best hard cover for sure. Its not that heavy, no mechanism on the box rails like some others that will cut your legs. And it does not interfere with the auto down tail gate and you can close without lifting.

This time I have a truxedo prox as I wantee something to remove in seconds. A lot of covers are in the way for dirt bike bikes.

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

I like the low profile soft roll up covers best for all around use. Most waterproof and secure cover you can get is a Undercover SE  hardtop cover IMO. I liked it for looks and durability, but you were limited in what you can haul in the bed unless you removed the whole cover and left it sitting at the house, but it is painted to match the exact color of truck with a price around 2k. 

Tri-folds and hard roll ups are okay, but they do not give you full bed access either, and the good ones are pretty expensive, around 800-1k. Didn't care for the ones I had of them either.

So I've now owned 3 different soft roll ups, and love them. They do leak a little, but the middle of the bed stays really dry, just leaks a little at tailgate and very front of bed. Best part is can use whole bed at any time with ease, and cost is in the $250 range. The last one I bought was from AutoAnything. It is their house brand, which I like better than the brand name covers I've owned before just like it that I paid more for. 

Here is the link https://www.autoanything.com/tonneau-covers/autoanything-select-soft-roll-up-tonneau-cover

• Thanks 1

Nice looking truck. I have the LoMax Access tri fold. Put it on about 6wks ago when I got the truck. Good fit and finish. Tailgate works without interference. Fairly easy install with no drilling required. Took a 700 mile round trip last week and had some rain along the way. Bed was completely dry. $883 at autoanything.com. 

7304B27B-1820-4862-9617-A4126E7BC7CC.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I think I’m between the MX4 and the Lomax. It appears as if the Lomax is easily removed if I needed to, and I’m not sure I even like the way the MX4 stores in the up position if I needed to use the entire bed. 

it’s not much difference in price between the two, but I like to buy once cry once. It was really easy to pick out the truck I wanted, not so easy to pick out the bed cover. Lol

• Like 1

19 hours ago, AdamAT4 said:

I've had a few covers over the last couple of years. One reason was my bak roll up failed and had it replaced but got an MX4 instead.

The MX4 has been the best hard cover for sure. Its not that heavy, no mechanism on the box rails like some others that will cut your legs. And it does not interfere with the auto down tail gate and you can close without lifting.

This time I have a truxedo prox as I wantee something to remove in seconds. A lot of covers are in the way for dirt bike bikes.

I agree, I had the Bakflip Revolver and while it looked nice, caused me nothing but issues, particularly in cold weather.  The plastic clips on the rails would come off or break when you use it alot.  With my new Sierra, I went with the MX4 and have no problems at all, and the auto tailgate comes down just fine.  It's just as sturdy and I think you can even load about 400 lbs on it if necessary?  (never tried or probably will)

I think I'm going to finally pull the trigger on a Pro X15... I like the "lifetime" warranty and also the fact that it will not cover/rest against the back window when open. Anyone with the MultiPro have this and like/unlike the Pro X15?

I think I'm going to finally pull the trigger on a Pro X15... I like the "lifetime" warranty and also the fact that it will not cover/rest against the back window when open. Anyone with the MultiPro have this and like/unlike the Pro X15?
As I said that's what I have now, bought it for the quick removal when loading dirt bikes or snowmobiles.

Tail gate drops no issues, its not as water tight as mt previous MX4 and a thief can still get in easily but it does what i need
I agree, I had the Bakflip Revolver and while it looked nice, caused me nothing but issues, particularly in cold weather.  The plastic clips on the rails would come off or break when you use it alot.  With my new Sierra, I went with the MX4 and have no problems at all, and the auto tailgate comes down just fine.  It's just as sturdy and I think you can even load about 400 lbs on it if necessary?  (never tried or probably will)
I've carried a 150pound box on mine and had it strapped as best I could to not add extra weight and the cover didn't even flex.

The 400 pounds is distributed weight so don't walk on it haha.

A buddy put down a pc of plywood and carried a heavy couch with no issue

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, KCU Beor said:

I have that and my high country. Great price and lifetime warranty is perfect.  I also live 40 miles away from Yankton, SD where they are made at.  

• Thanks 1